Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    I'm sorry I listened to the files multiple times and I still think Jaina, Lor'Themar, and Taran Zhu all die. This is going by sound files alone, mind you which as we have seen can be misleading. But those are definitely death rattles mixed in with the combat grunts.
    Jaina and Lor'themar appear to mirror one another, which points to them being Alliance/Horde parallels in the raid, outside of Orgrimmar, fighting alongside us. So if the raid wipes (presumably up to Zaela), they die too, and say the dying line. Its only if we fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Orc View Post
    Is there any "Fist-pump" worthy things Horde Side?
    I don't know, but at least you have meaningful lore thus far.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

I'm sorry I listened to the files multiple times and I still think Jaina, Lor'Themar, and Taran Zhu all die. This is going by sound files alone, mind you which as we have seen can be misleading. But those are definitely death rattles mixed in with the combat grunts.
    As has been pointed out several times, a lot of these are just for when a raid wipes or one of the NPCs dies.
    Like how DS has these sound files:

Alexstrasza says: They have failed us sister.
    Ysera says: I have awakened only to sleep once again.

Which are just in place to go off when a raid wipes and Ultraxion kills the aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post

Plus the thing that has intrigued me is the whole sylvanas and lorethmar thing when he says where is this blood coming from does this mean someone has tried to assassinate lorethamar im looking at you sylvanas
    i think thats just a death emote if we wipe with lor'themar in a boss fight.
    #boycottchina

I honestly don't think these supposed Lor'themar voice files are Lor'themar at all.

The voice is similar to Lor'themar's, but not as gravely and low-pitched. He also says several things, such as "I'll never get all this dust out of my robes!" and "I'm summoning a Flamestrike!" which.. do not fit for Lor'themar, as he neither wears robes, nor has the ability to summon a flamestrike - whereas Aethas and Rommath both do. It would make more sense if it was either Aethas or Rommath.

Between the two of them, only Rommath would have the audacity to threaten Sylvanas to her face and taunt her, whereas Aethas takes a more quiet, meek approach. These audio files also seem fairly egotistical - another trait that Rommath has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I don't know, but at least you have meaningful lore thus far.
    it is our capital city.
    #boycottchina

Many people thought Anduin would die in 5.1 based on some sound files that turned out to have been misinterpreted. Until we know the context, these sound files are useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    it is our capital city.
    NO WAY!

In all seriousness I understand what he's getting at. Albeit it's hard to tell the context of all of this.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, just to bring it up, does it seem like Garrosh... again... drops the corrupted gorehowl? So he won't have it in the final fight.. whats up with that?
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Great. So Garrosh is bat shit insane, and we're gonna have to sit through another half a raid of dragging goddamn Thrall around.
    And potentially have Jaina and/or Lor'themar die on us.

Where's the cool Alliance moment?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    NO WAY!

In all seriousness I understand what he's getting at. Albeit it's hard to tell the context of all of this.
    yeah fair enough. still, this just feels like the start of development. theres still more to be revealed.
    #boycottchina

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure Thrall and Garrosh will 1v1, finishing their original fight. Thing is, will Thrall pull a Grom and sacrifice himself to save "The new Horde"? Seems like something Blizzard would do... if they wanted to get rid of Thrall. But Thrall's little "If I don't make it Vol'jin, take care of Aggra" screams he's going to live. I've only seen that said as a device to add tension if a character will die or not, then come out victorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Ok, can people stop saying this, about Jaina and Theron.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account

It's Combat Grunting. ALL OF IT.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    it is our capital city.
    I'm just waiting for a clear alliance victory or something that explicitly says "This is what the Alliance was made to do."

I dont want this raid to be alliance and horde leaders holding hands until we get to Garrosh, only to see Thrall take him out. I'd like to see night elves too, but that's just me. We deserve something good after Cataclysm and both Alliance and Horde have had terrible lore this Expac up until this point, so this raid better be good.

Storming the Horde's capital city?

Killing the Horde Warchief?

These 'deaths' in the sound files sound more like an event where you have to protect them, and this plays if you fail. Think of Jaina/Thrall in Mount Hyjal.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah fair enough. still, this just feels like the start of development. theres still more to be revealed.
    That may be the case, but Blizzard has lost the benefit of the doubt with their countless lore fails over the past 2 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    I'm just waiting for a clear alliance victory or something that explicitly says "This is what the Alliance was made to do."

I dont want this raid to be alliance and horde leaders holding hands until we get to Garrosh, only to see Thrall take him out. I'd like to see night elves too, but that's just me. We deserve something good after Cataclysm and both Alliance and Horde have had terrible lore this Expac up until this point, so this raid better be good.
    Varian or Jaina will be there on the final fight against Garrosh, I can assure you of that, they wouldn't do this without the alliance being as strong a part in this as horde.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingercrab View Post
    I honestly don't think these supposed Lor'themar voice files are Lor'themar at all.

snip

The voice is similar to Lor'themar's, but not as gravely and low-pitched. He also says several things, such as "I'll never get all this dust out of my robes!" and "I'm summoning a Flamestrike!" which.. do not fit for Lor'themar, as he neither wears robes, nor has the ability to summon a flamestrike - whereas Aethas and Rommath both do. It would make more sense if it was either Aethas or Rommath.

Between the two of them, only Rommath would have the audacity to threaten Sylvanas to her face and taunt her, whereas Aethas takes a more quiet, meek approach. These audio files also seem fairly egotistical - another trait that Rommath has.
    That bothers me too. I mean, most of it is completely in-character for Theron, up to and including chiding Sylvanas, but the robe and the flamestrike? Eh. That's bizarre.

Hopefully they'll add Rommath or Aethas (hopefully Rommath) to the scene too.