Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Keep it civil.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think one can find flaws in everything. But why complain about a new ability, that gives us additional damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Because it's supposed to bridge a horrible gap. It's not a gift, it's a balancing tool. If it's not enough, or is flawed, feedback is valuable. For example, in my opinion, is a nice to have, but doesn't quite reach. It's early on the PTR, and they are doing an effort and putting ideas to use, but if there is not enough... It should be voiced.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    . But why complain about a new ability, that gives us additional damage?
    Imagine some one is starving... you come walking by... take 2 slices of bread ..take a crap on one smush them togethere and then tell them "hey you were starving and I gave you bread you should not complain about the crap in the middle just be happy I gave you bread"... would you complain about them taking a crap on otherwise perfect bread when your starving?

same here why toss a crap gimmic on this otherwise great ability that they came up with to bring us back up on par with druids pallies monks etc. When a bear is off tanking does his crit from agility go away when he is not hit for 20 seconds? then why would you make that happen to wars and DK's?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I think it's aimed at making DKs/Warriors in particular have scaling in line with the agility tanks. It should make shorten the gap in tank DPS considerably.
    What about the Pallies?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Imagine some one is starving... you come walking by... take 2 slices of bread ..take a crap on one smush them togethere and then tell them "hey you were starving and I gave you bread you should not complain about the crap in the middle just be happy I gave you bread"... would you complain about them taking a crap on otherwise perfect bread when your starving?

same here why toss a crap gimmic on this otherwise great ability that they came up with to bring us back up on par with druids pallies monks etc. When a bear is off tanking does his crit from agility go away when he is not hit for 20 seconds? then why would you make that happen to wars and DK's?
    Actually... IF I was starving, I mean, really, like, dying... I´d be busy eating the shitsandwhich instead of commenting.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

Deleted
    my thoughts on this:

i think this change will be gone with the next add-on, its just a temporary thing, cause they didnt find another solution.

Cirt is the only stat they can give us at the moment, haste would be to strong especially on the DK it would lead to more Deathstrikes. AP would be ridiculous, it would be a vengeance 2.0 and the ratio is difficult to choose.

they realised too late that the DPS on different tank classes is really unequal

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually... IF I was starving, I mean, really, like, dying... I´d be busy eating the shitsandwhich instead of commenting.
    and once you were done eating (thats basically whats happening right now we got a buff we ate it we were happy) would you not ask why the hell they had to shit in the sandwich instead of just giving you 2 perfectly good pieces of bread (what we are doing now going thnx for the bread can you just remove the shit between it!).

I think one can find flaws in everything. But why complain about a new ability, that gives us additional damage?
    Durumu is a great example. If you use a warrior or death knight, you're gonna need two tanks.

Serious Wound duration: 60 seconds
    Disintegration Beam duration: 60 seconds

From a worst case scenario, you're looking at 100 (120-20) seconds of downtime on Riposte and even more if you're not the one who taunts him after the beam ends.

It was created to mimic monks, paladins and guardians use of offensive stats. Theirs are 100% passive so why can't ours be aswell? How are they ever going to achieve a somewhat decent balance if they keep adding these restrictions?
    It does indeed boost our damage but it also creates an annoyance factor where you have to taunt bosses between debuffs when you're not tanking to maintain it.

I actually suspect it has a 20 second duration because of PvP. They can prevent buffs from triggering (i.e. Vengeance) but not actual stats so I bet that's the reason for not making it passive.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Durumu is a great example. If you use a warrior or death knight, you're gonna need two tanks.
    That or one paladin in the raid........

Yes, I also agree that this will be gone next expansion and they will hopefully find a more elegant scaling solution although I would still like to see tank plate items rather than homogenization

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I admit, that in fights with great off-times as a tank the buff will wear off, thus, reducing our damage. But perhaps that is just a hint, that developers want us to gem and reforge crit, to have a buff-independend basecrit. An indicator for that may be that Ultimatum change:

Ultimatum now activates from critical hits with Shield Slam instead of a flat 20% chance, and the ability will make the next Heroic Strike or Cleave be a critical hit in addition to costing no Rage.

Riposte is based on dodge/parry ratings and gave me exactly 10,35% while attacking some random mob (no raid buffs +crit or any procs). With Steadfast Talisman it went to around 22% but decreased rapidly as my dodge was being reduced each 2sec via trinket (and it's refreshing itself to lower amount instead of keeping higher one until its done). I must admit that this would really sound better if they would make it passive (even 1/3 of dodge/parry) but with additional option for SS and Rev:

- When you crit you get additional rage from Slam/Rev on top of normal rage

Maybe it could push more heroics in but they r kinda weak anyway..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysearia View Post
    Riposte is based on dodge/parry ratings and gave me exactly 10,35% while attacking some random mob (no raid buffs +crit or any procs). With Steadfast Talisman it went to around 22% but decreased rapidly as my dodge was being reduced each 2sec via trinket (and it's refreshing itself to lower amount instead of keeping higher one until its done). I must admit that this would really sound better if they would make it passive (even 1/3 of dodge/parry) but with additional option for SS and Rev:

- When you crit you get additional rage from Slam/Rev on top of normal rage

Maybe it could push more heroics in but they r kinda weak anyway..
    Okay, that sucks big times. I was sure they actually meant %, not ratings.

Thought too, but it's sadly saying "Increase your Critical Strike by 6208" (if that would be % I would get around 19% out of it on top of 5% base). Definitely they should make it passive, specially if that goes by ratings (and like others said, caster fights - hello!?).

Strangely it won't proc higher with Str trinket proc (higher parry 25->33% parry) but that's prolly PTR crap as it does with trinket dodge procs.

Deleted
    Strangely it won't proc higher with Str trinket proc (higher parry 25->33% parry) but that's prolly PTR crap as it does with trinket dodge procs.
    How is that strange? Did you gain parry RATING? no..... so there is nothing to gain there... unless strength is secretly converted to rating....

I did get parry from str but not parry rating itself that part is true, my bad.
    Last edited by Ashenia; 2013-06-21 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    I did get parry from str but not parry rating itself that part is true, my bad.
    No worries, that's why the trinket didnt do nothing though i'd imagen... I'm kinda sad it's rating based though

Deleted
    Better not looking at WoL seeing how monks/paladins solo-tank hc bosses doing 100-200k hps while maintaining 400-800k dps. Of course we are not jealous...

@Riposted based on rating not even including str to parry conversion...
    LOL /sadface

The prot warrior is pretty sick atm. Someone should start singing "Soft kitty".
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-06-21 at 02:38 PM.

From the look of the patch notes, it looks like Riposte is a general warrior/DK ability, not just prot/Blood.
    In which case it will more than likely take our dodge/parry rating and not your percent else you'll see arms/fury warriors pulling funny stunts with taunt and die by the sword for a pseudo-recklessness buff.

To be 100% fair I'm not jealous of them making insane DPS/HPS, I just feel sad when (even via exp/skill/playtime) I must be replace (as I won't do competitive DPS as DPS class via to not being that geared) by a Paladin/Monk for solo fights as it helps the guild to kill the boss - faster/easier. If I would be able to compete with them on DPS level it would be skills that are taken into consideration and I think that's why we warriors are such sadface people in this tier, because who wasn't asked if that can reroll Pala or Monk?

They have to adapt that either to be % instead of ratings or make it passive to compensate caster fights, off tanking etc even if thats around +10-15% crit (but with buffs to rage gen and dmg like I said before).