Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Dreadlord Annarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    899

    Glyph of Feathers

    Then I jizzed in my pants.

    I'm really excited for this. I'm hoping to just have constant archangel wings pop up every time I cast for like 1s.

  2. #2
    Make it at least two seconds (and, yes, "Archangel" wings, so I don't look funny when I am Disc), and I'll be a pretty happy camper.

    One second would be too flashy. Granted, there's a lot that happens on my screen from time to time...from a purely personal aesthetic PoV, it'd be distracting.

  3. #3
    Yea, as if having a spinning clock over my head all the time, isnt enough

  4. #4
    Epic! GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,688
    yes...
    yes...

    OH DEAR GOD YES.

  5. #5
    I'm a bit not happy about this.

    If Holy gets angel wings, Disc should get a Spirit of Redemption/Val'kyr form when they die for X seconds, even if it has no effect other than vanity.

  6. #6
    Is it every time I cast a "healing" spell or every time I cast my "heal" spell? Because if it's from the Heal spell, it better be more than 1 second. My guess it'll be like 8 seconds like the shadow version since you wont always be able to cast Heal all the time when you're raiding or doing battle grounds or what not.

  7. #7
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,393
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    I'm a bit not happy about this.

    If Holy gets angel wings, Disc should get a Spirit of Redemption/Val'kyr form when they die for X seconds, even if it has no effect other than vanity.
    Why should you care? If anything they should have taken the wings from disc and given them something else since spirit of redemption already gave the angelic feel to holy long before disc even thought about it.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  8. #8
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,421
    Literally the best thing they have ever put into the game. Took them long enough though!

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 01:39 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    Is it every time I cast a "healing" spell or every time I cast my "heal" spell? Because if it's from the Heal spell, it better be more than 1 second. My guess it'll be like 8 seconds like the shadow version since you wont always be able to cast Heal all the time when you're raiding or doing battle grounds or what not.
    It says "heal spells" not "Heal spell" so we're good there. It is weird that they say heal spells and not healing spells like usual.

  9. #9
    Epic! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,550
    Wasn't chakra enough of a distinctive effect for holy ?

  10. #10
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Wasn't chakra enough of a distinctive effect for holy ?
    This isn't a Holy only Glyph. Disc can use it too lol, hell, even Shadow can.

  11. #11
    Epic! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    This isn't a Holy only Glyph. Disc can use it too lol, hell, even Shadow can.
    Yes but the two other spec allready have these wings... (sp with another glyph) So clearly it is giving wings to a spec wich never had it before.

    It's clearly not sky falling, but I don't see why they did it.

  12. #12
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yes but the two other spec allready have these wings... (sp with another glyph) So clearly it is giving wings to a spec wich never had it before.

    It's clearly not sky falling, but I don't see why they did it.
    Because it's just a neat effect that's added in with glyphs? We have no fun glyphs. Woo, valkyr. Woo, clouds with levitate that we never use. I mean, really? You're complaining about something THAT YOU GET TOO? I don't know if you remember, but Archangel was available to everyone in beta, and I'm pretty sure they only took that out because Holy & Shadow would be too overpowered with a throughput cooldown... NOT because Holy shouldn't have wings...

  13. #13
    @Mazi yeah the reason why it doesn't say "healing" is what made me think that maybe the plural "spells" was the typo, making it a more of a Holy glyph since they are more likely to cast Heal than Disc (and disc already has the actual wings), even though anyone can use it should they want to. Since disc has no other minor glyphs I might just pick this one up regardless, just for the heck of it.

  14. #14
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    @Mazi yeah the reason why it doesn't say "healing" is what made me think that maybe the plural "spells" was the typo, making it a more of a Holy glyph since they are more likely to cast Heal than Disc (and disc already has the actual wings), even though anyone can use it should they want to. Since disc has no other minor glyphs I might just pick this one up regardless, just for the heck of it.
    I really really really doubt that it's tied to the Heal spell. (and really hope it's not) - I rarely ever cast Heal either ;/

  15. #15
    Field Marshal Harukaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    67
    I would just like to see a version of this for shadow. I am not happy enough with devouring's plague wings. But still, it will be awesome to heal full time with wings on my back. ^^

  16. #16
    Mechagnome shanthi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    Is it every time I cast a "healing" spell or every time I cast my "heal" spell? Because if it's from the Heal spell, it better be more than 1 second. My guess it'll be like 8 seconds like the shadow version since you wont always be able to cast Heal all the time when you're raiding or doing battle grounds or what not.
    If it were the Heal spell, they probably would have capitalized it. The use of lower-case "heal" suggests they mean it generically. Of course, using "heal" instead of "healing" is weird, so who knows for sure? I certainly hope it's any healing spell (and I hope they count Power Word: Shield as a healing spell).
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

  17. #17
    Field Marshal Brightmist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Izmir, Turkey
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Yes but the two other spec allready have these wings... (sp with another glyph) So clearly it is giving wings to a spec wich never had it before.
    Holy had a talent spec that had archangel built into it during Cataclysm. I remember using it during t11 heroic progress, so no, holy had it before.

  18. #18
    Field Marshal Ambereldus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The frozen north
    Posts
    73
    It seems a little overkill to have "perma-wings", but I wouldn't be complaining in the slightest. Fun glyph for healers, and something distinctive for priests.

  19. #19
    I wonder what happens when you have both Glyph of Dark Archangel and Glyph of Feathers.

  20. #20
    Field Marshal Ambereldus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The frozen north
    Posts
    73
    Something wonderful...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •