Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I posted this in a separate thread yesterday but I believe that Sylvanas is going to finally see her sister Vereesa Windrunner during the Siege of Orgrimmar. Vereesa was with Jaina for the entirety of the Isle of Thunder, so it's plausible to believe that she will also be Jaina's lieutenent during the Siege. This makes things very interesting because Jaina and Lor'themar interact, and it's clear that Sylvanas is with Lor'themar during the Siege. So there is a small chance that Vereesa and Sylvanas might come face-to-face, which might explain Lor'themar's quote in his sound files where he asks about 'what has come over our Dark Lady?'

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    I also predict that after the SoO that the Horde vs Alliance war will reach it's final conclusion
    This much we can all agree on; which means Sylvanas would have to find new alliances excuse the pun, and not worry so much about waging war. Her battle with Arthas complete, she prolly moves on now to help out Illidan and Malfurion (with Tyrande and Alleria) in some capacity to fight demons or undo the Wells' legacy effects.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    is offering people a second chance at life so bad?

the forsaken give you a choice, you can stay undead, have a new chance, live indefinitely and never suffer from the basic necessities of the living in exchange for some rotting flesh and bad smell, or you can just go back to being dead, and stay that way.

maybe some people would, you know, like to be back on their feet. but no. don't revive my people, sylvanas. they are dead and I like them dead!
    It is ultimately his choice to let his people rest, blood elves don't look kindly on undeath, they pity those ,who have been resurrected. It might be a offer for a second lfe, but given the nature of necromancy and the experience the elves had with it his reaction is absolutely reasonable.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-06-21 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    Hence the question, you guys; What does Lor'Themar words mean? did she managed to hack the Valkyries to resurrect blood elves -a side effect from her own valkyr powered ressurrection- or is it just about more ordinary uses for body parts?
    It could be either or just basic assumptions after her "demonstrations" for garrosh in silverpine and word spread. I mean if you were the leader of the remainder of your people after an undead scourge almost totalled them, woudlnt you be at bit on edge with someone everyone in game seems to think is going the same way as arthas? I mean look at his perspective in particular, he was their and knows sylvanas should know better. Arguments of "holding the eastern kingdoms" aside that is something very emotionally charged for lore'themar. He wouldnt like to see someone raising his people or even using their bodies as spare parts. Nobody would but his people have a special reason to hate it.
    That and look at the perspective right now. Lore'themar lead the hordes fight against the thunder king whereas sylvanas lore wise has at this point been seen doing bugger all. Thats going to give him a confidence boost. I think honestly he's just saying what every none forsaken would be thinking really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Sylvanas knows no shame anymore. She sees a corpse and her first thought is "New undead to serve me."

If this isn't clearly setting her up for a fall in the coming expansions, nothing is.
    "Oh yes, let's kill off one of the most iconic and liked leaders of the Horde next expansion. Right after we already killed a Warchief in MoP. Sounds like an excellent plan." - Blizzard

Even Blizzard can't be that stupid. Sacrificing Sylvanas just because Lor'themar "Did-I-even-exist-before-5.2" Theron is upset.

Deleted
    They won't kill off Sylvanas that quickly. She'll become a villain in the end though, with the new forsaken, use of the plague and torture of Koltira they're setting her up that way. Just wait and see, next expansion we'll be introduced to a new character who'll eventually become her replacement. Or an existing character who she raises after death.

Deleted
    Why everyone is so "Oh, how can Sylvanas resurrect people as undead, it's so bad"?
    They are already dead anyway, so what's the problem? Forsaken have free will and can defy Dark Lady completely, if so they wish - they are not slaves as the Scourge. They are given a second chance after death. Sure, they rot a bit, and stink, and so on - but that's still better than oblivion!

Really hope Sylva won't become a new villain. She makes a very intersting and original positive hero with her methods.
    Not every good character has to be a sterotypical paladin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    They won't kill off Sylvanas that quickly. She'll become a villain in the end though, with the new forsaken, use of the plague and torture of Koltira they're setting her up that way. Just wait and see, next expansion we'll be introduced to a new character who'll eventually become her replacement. Or an existing character who she raises after death.
    Oh please, the Forsaken were always known for questionable methods. Alot of old Forsaken quests were like "woah, doing Nazi experiments now" and nobody cared.
    Why are people so bent on killing every lore charcter with a bit of a dark side? That's so boring.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    Oh please, the Forsaken were always known for questionable methods. Alot of old Forsaken quests were like "woah, doing Nazi experiments now" and nobody cared.
    Why are people so bent on killing every lore charcter with a bit of a dark side? That's so boring.
    Because she's beginning to cross the line where she becomes a threat to her allies as well as her their mutual enemies. Same reason why Garrosh is the bad guy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Well i kinda think trashtalking sylvanas about rezzing may be bad idea.
    Especially if you seem to have huge blood loss later on.
    Undeath is bad for your hair afterall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Because she's beginning to cross the line where she becomes a threat to her allies as well as her their mutual enemies. Same reason why Garrosh is the bad guy now.
    Where exactly does she become a threat to her allies?

Raising new Forsaken? Sorry, but how else should she bolster her ranks? There are only so much living reinforcements. Would you suggest she'd rather abandon Lordaeron? How would that move benefit her allies?

Disciplining an subordinate (Koltira) who's slacking because he's BFF with the Alliance general (Thassarian)? While I can sympathise with Koltira and Sylvanas maybe too harsh on him, he had it coming.

The new plague? Well, chemical and biological warfare has been part of the Forsaken since forever (see "woah, doing Nazi experiments now"). And it is a bigger threat to her allies now because?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly does she become a threat to her allies?

Raising new Forsaken? Sorry, but how else should she bolster her ranks? There are only so much living reinforcements. Would you suggest she'd rather abandon Lordaeron? How would that move benefit her allies?

Disciplining an subordinate (Koltira) who's slacking because he's BFF with the Alliance general (Thassarian)? While I can sympathise with Koltira and Sylvanas maybe too harsh on him, he had it coming.

The new plague? Well, chemical and biological warfare has been part of the Forsaken since forever (see "woah, doing Nazi experiments now"). And it is a bigger threat to her allies now because?
    It has been forbidden, the Horde as a whole didn't know about the Forsaken Plague, if you quested during Vanilla their plague was played off to other parts of the Horde as a "cure to their...ailment".

Deleted
    Koltira is particularly a problem because he straddles the boundary between a member of the Forsaken/Horde, and a Knight of the Ebon Blade, which are in turn allied with the Argent Crusade. Neither Darion Mograine or Tirion Fordring won't take kindly to the things she's doing. In torturing Koltira into submission and raising new Forsaken she's, like Garrosh said, becoming no different from the Lich King.

She even admits it, the only difference is "I serve the Horde." As soon as others perceive that's no longer the case, they'll turn on her. Little things like Lor'thremar's new dialogue are only the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    What Koltira did would have given him an execution in most armies, so no.
    In most other armies there would've been a ceasefire, the only reason why the Sylvanus pushed for an offensive was because the forsaken don't need rest while Humans need it. Granted the Alliance broke the ceasefire by way of the Farmers rushing, who didn't consult or co-ordinate with Thassarian, but Sylvanus would've broken it shortly after.

I really don't get all the Lor'themar/Belf love on these type of forums. I can't stand the belves personally.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 04:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing21 View Post
    This much we can all agree on; which means Sylvanas would have to find new alliances excuse the pun, and not worry so much about waging war. Her battle with Arthas complete, she prolly moves on now to help out Illidan and Malfurion (with Tyrande and Alleria) in some capacity to fight demons or undo the Wells' legacy effects.
    Or she rebels and just becomes another bad guy we have to takeout.

Sylvanas is so badly written that I honestly couldn't give a shit, pardon my French. Blizzard's fascination with completely redoing her (from the model to the entire concept behind her race) has seen the Forsaken and Sylvanas make the transition from an interesting race of lost souls who were coming to terms with their new existence and in a widely varied manner (some of them ending up 'good' and others 'bad'), to a race seemingly composed entirely of mad scientists and psychopaths. Chances are she'll die; she won't be missed.

That said, i've loved that they've been giving Lor'themar attention, though I lament the fact that the Draenei have been neglected once more, and as badly as they were in TBC. Hopefully if the next expansion is Legion based, which I suspect it will be, the Draenei will be at the center of it.

Deleted
    Yes, because Garrosh is the person that deserves an entire paper on how Sylvanas is not like the Lich King.

Garrosh comes in and starts raging and whining, so she basically tells him to 'shut the f* up'.

The beginning of what?
    He tells her not to raise Sin'dorei, she listens to him and that's the end of this conversation.

I always have to laugh at comments like yours.
    "This is the beginning of Sylvanas turning evil and her end!"
    Yeaaah right, you'd be more convincing if people haven't been yelling that for the last 5 years.
    As I said before, it's a gradual thing. Garrosh took a long time too, he was introduced in TBC, became more important in Wrath, and his descent to madness took the entirety of Cataclysm and most of MoP. Sylvanas' gradually crossing the line started in Cataclysm, and we haven't seen anything from her in MoP until now.

It'll take more time, but unless her meeting her sister will magically redeem her, she'll become a villain in the end.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 11:40 AM ----------

I think the shit will hit the fan once she reveals a new strain of plague: one that can raise not only humans, but the races as well.
    The rest of the horde will then definitely see her as a threat, and she in turn won't need her alliance with them because Forsaken numbers will grow faster with each victory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    It has been forbidden, the Horde as a whole didn't know about the Forsaken Plague, if you quested during Vanilla their plague was played off to other parts of the Horde as a "cure to their...ailment".
    Okay, maybe the plague is a bit "evil". But still, the darkness that surrounds her makes her far more interesting than this filthy Troll, his pet Tauren and Mr. Nobody of Silvermoon (alright, I hate his voice actor so much that I can't help hating the character, too).

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because Garrosh is the person that deserves an entire paper on how Sylvanas is not like the Lich King.

Garrosh comes in and starts raging and whining, so she basically tells him to 'shut the f* up'.

The beginning of what?
    He tells her not to raise Sin'dorei, she listens to him and that's the end of this conversation.

I always have to laugh at comments like yours.
    "This is the beginning of Sylvanas turning evil and her end!"
    Yeaaah right, you'd be more convincing if people haven't been yelling that for the last 5 years.
    To be fair, the continuation of the Plague, the Val'kyr, Lack of Free will (as later found out in WPL) + The shards of Frostmourne missing, it makes you think.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 12:33 PM ----------

Okay, maybe the plague is a bit "evil". But still, the darkness that surrounds her makes her far more interesting than this filthy Troll, his pet Tauren and Mr. Nobody of Silvermoon (alright, I hate his voice actor so much that I can't help hating the character, too).
    So Garrosh Hellscream is interesting?

LT>Sylvanas