Page 1 of 2
LastLast

No change to Monk Taunt Provoke in the notes but...

Every other class had their taunt changed and it has me worried a little.

Sky is falling theory: Vengeance is going away, or will be nerfed so severely it might as well be gone.

Probably theory: The change is so when a second tank taunts, he can taunt again 8 secs later for increased threat generation preventing 1st tank from taking it right back.

Just find it interesting they needed to make a change at all.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    We still have the speed boost on taunt target that the other tanks don't have, and it's not like we need an extra 200% threat gen on taunt anyway!

^
    We have Keg Smash, practically the same thing

I'd rather they have that than nerf my beloved Keg Smash.

More than likely theory: They simply haven't added it in yet, or the datamining missed it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    We still have the speed boost on taunt target that the other tanks don't have, and it's not like we need an extra 200% threat gen on taunt anyway!
    This!
    I want DKs to get that though.. I won't have to call for HoP/HoS/ to drop the threat anymore.. :/
    But most likely - all tanks will get it.. The taunt swapping is painful ATM :?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    More than likely theory: They simply haven't added it in yet, or the datamining missed it.
    This is the most likely reason. They could have probably pulled the build mid-working on this. Wait until the next patch to see if this is true. Or there was some issue with either a) tooltip wording b) bugs related to the implementation.

I'm really looking forward to this. It's frustrating when I pull aggro back just by jabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    I'm really looking forward to this. It's frustrating when I pull aggro back just by jabbing.
    This. I have to resort to autoattacking or physically moving away from the mob to avoid pulling aggro.
    I'm very fine with the other taunts having that effect, but let's see if ours don't get it as well. Don't need it, but...
    Last edited by Ooshraxa; 2013-06-20 at 12:47 PM.

I don't really think we need it. I haven't had any issues with the other tank getting threat back from me by accident but I have gotten threat back by just auto-attacking ><
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    This a 1000 times over. I've actually sat myself out of raids because of my threat and my Raid leader's "No white attack policy". I literally pull threat with chi wave pre-stance swap to Tiger and when and if i do pull threat in tiger i'm dead anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    my Raid leader's "No white attack policy".
    If you don't mind my asking: What's in that policy ? Must be pretty harsh if it forces you out of raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loktarok View Post
    my Raid leader's "No white attack policy".
    Wuut, sounds racist to me =P Just /cancelaura your vengeance, it will hurt your DPS more than other methods but RL won't be able to tell your keeping up your yellow attacks. I mean makes sense for melee DPS but he needs to let tanks do their thing and what they need to for each fight.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I'm thinking the debuff taunt applies will incrase the threat generation of the tank that cast it for the duration, BrM just not being data mined yet. This will likely also likely apply to when taunt is getting DRed and the debuff on the boss lasts less and less time. But how many fights do tanks taunt back and forth at the very beginning of a fight if not for vengance?

Probably to help the taunting tank gain threat over the other tank as the taunting tank will have little or no vengeance in most cases.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Even if it stays as it is (it's PTR so probably not) it's really needed.

With high vengeance situations, I cannot attack the boss without pulling back from some tanks after a swap. Clicking off vengeance is dumb, making a macro to cancel vengeance is dumb. Giving the swap tank increased threat after taunting means everything can continue as it's supposed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooshraxa View Post
    If you don't mind my asking: What's in that policy ? Must be pretty harsh if it forces you out of raids.
    /stopattacking. Pretty much. Even with canceling Vengeance i pull threat sometimes. I think i just have really bad off tanks. (Who's also left the guild recently)

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes

All taunt type abilities now increase all threat generated against the target while the taunt is active by 200%.
    Soo it would appear that my initial theory was indeed correct. ;P
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    BrM dmg to strong for inferior off tanks.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    BrM dmg to strong for inferior off tanks.
    I am hoping that the riposte addition will bring up my warrior and DK co-tanks somewhat. On most tank swaps, I have been rolling away and using CJL. Even then, I still have higher threat than my co-tank (140k CJL ticks are a bit silly).