NO! RIP Conductivity =[

So it appears in 5.4, they're changing Conductivity to be like, 100% uptime on Healing Rain for Ele Shamans, but it doesn't do ridiculous amounts of healing when you're chain lightning soloing 10+ mobs at a time =[
    GG
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

But as a resto shaman...

WELL ILL JUST LET THE VIDEO EXPLAIN IT BEST....

Deleted
    I thought the same, they buff it's uptime in static place, when whole community says the problem with HR is that most fights are spread ones ;/

interested to see if you'll be able to keep down multiple healing rains

Quote Originally Posted by Digger Dave View Post
    interested to see if you'll be able to keep down multiple healing rains
    Oh I didn't think about this. That might just make it worth it. But then again they're buffing healing tide totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    Oh I didn't think about this. That might just make it worth it. But then again they're buffing healing tide totem.
    You sure it's a buff? I thought it was a numbers fix due to Healing Tide Totem no longer benefitting from Purification.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    You sure it's a buff? I thought it was a numbers fix due to Healing Tide Totem no longer benefitting from Purification.
    It's an Ele/Enh buff, but let's face it, no one cares about HTT anyway because AG with CL is way OP.
    On that topic though, multiple Healing Rains is an interesting concept, but I doubt it.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Makes no difference to raiding tbh as a very small minority would have used conductivity in a raid environment (used it once myself back on gara'jal hc so we could 2 heal the fight). My main annoyance with the change is that I use conductivity for farming, aoe pulling etc and this will obviously make things a bit more annoying.
    This is ofc a personal issue with the change and not one I would expect to impact on blizzards decision making regarding it.

I would also add this will make no difference to resto because you would have to be insane to drop HTT for this especially with the lack of mana problems at this stage of the expansion (ie casting HR is hardly hurting us right now mana wise)
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean a resto shaman could drop HR and spam cast HW, GHW, CH or HS, to increase its duration past the hr cd, effectively allowing multiple hr's....?

I'm wondering the same... If Enhance could sit on a melee stack and start dropping multiple HR's on the same area overlapping each other... Full health for all melee all time?

yes you could but doesn't seem very useful. you cant make hr 100% uptime it will fall off probl extra 4 sec maybee in real fights as resto and less for dps

Even if you could overlap healing rains with it youre looking extending the duration of one by 5 seconds tops.....I cant see any spec taking this talent over the other 2 choices period, especially since HTT gets a nice buff forthe dps specs.

How about this instead.

Conductivity-Casting a healing stream totem inside a healing rain turns your healing rain into a healing Storm, increasing the rains duration to 15 seconds and healing the entire raid. Your healing stream totem heals for 25% more while a healing storm is active.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would be nice to see an option for elem in that tier other than Ancestral Guidance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    Does this mean a resto shaman could drop HR and spam cast HW, GHW, CH or HS, to increase its duration past the hr cd, effectively allowing multiple hr's....?
    nope, just tested on PTR, old one disappear when you put down a new one

I suggested this in the shaman 5.4 thread but felt it would be nice to put it hear: What if they replaced Conduitivity with a talent that gets read of the cast time of healing rain and increases it's range but reduces it's healing and then each tick makes the area smaller and increases the healing. Basically a reverse Halo I think.

Deleted
    The trouble with Conductivity is it's sat on a tier with two raid cooldowns, while conductivity itself isn't. So there's no way people are going to sacrifice powerful emergency heals for what is to all intents and purpose a very weak persistent healing boost.

If they wanted to make it useful, they should make it do something that can either compete healing-wise or provide mitigation of a equal amount of dmg. E.g. it makes your Grounding totem absorb all incoming magic damage up to a max of XXXX.

At 0 haste, if your spells take 2 sec to cast, you can have a second HR down with 6 sec left on the original.