Thread: Nazgrim audio

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Nazgrim audio

Sat and listened to his audio on front page and when it got the where he was defeated I almost shed a man tear...
    I don't age I level up...

I think any Horde player who quested alongside Nazgrim for all these years will have some sort of emotional response to his admittedly gracious death.

He didn't die gnashing his teeth, yelling about the True Horde, or cursing the rebellion. He died on amicable terms, at peace with his decision to uphold his Oath at all costs - including his life.

RIP General Nazgrim.

I didn't get to level up with Nazgrim like many other hordies, I was originally ally and xferred and only have 1 horde 80+ that was horde at the start (my belf pally who's 82 atm).

that being said, read up on some of his lore...noble orc indeed. and those audio files, that's as good a death as they could give him, almost like perhaps he agreed with the rebellion, but sided with Garrosh knowing his fate was sealed in doing so.

10+ Year Old Account
    GAMON TAKES ANOTHER LIFE!

i liked how he is talking his death speech and right afterwards he goes HAH YOU SHOULD HAVE TRAINED HARDER! that shit was hilarious

Strength and honor, Nazgrim.

A soldier commited to his duty to the very end.

/salute

I listened to the audio track and with Nazgrim suddenly making his kill quote at the end, I imagined him popping up at the very end after sharing a tender moment with the player character and decapitating them.

Rip in peace Nazgrim.

Also it may just be me, but Lor'themar sounds more british than before.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I love it.

It shows us that this war isn't so black and white.

It isn't Garrosh = evil, Voljin + Alliance = good, but rather, here we have Nazgrim who NEVER speaks out against Garrosh during the fight or at the end, but serves him loyally.

The only way he could do that is if he had some kind of agreement with his cause.

To that end, we trained and in essence grew up with Nazgrim. We took one path and he took another and now we are coming against each other.

I think Nazgrim audio really shows us who the other side really is.

It's going to be a long road to recovery after this for the Horde, because it doesn't matter who wins, a great amount of life will be lost.

sylvanas val'kyrs ressurect him and make him the new warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to point out how poor a turn this is, but come on Blizzard, this is amateur writing.

No character sits there and talks about how much his ideals counteract everything. If he's aware of his honor, than he's aware of Garrosh's crimes. Are you insinuating that Baine and Vol'jin and Lor'themar don't have honor? Or are you saying Nazgrim doesn't understand honor?

It's shitty writing. It reads like fanfic trying to justify the death of a popular character.

If you want Nazgrim to die in SoO, and if you want him to die while still being likable, don't justify it. Make him take honor to his dying breath.

I do love Nazgrim, I'll admit it. But his character has been built to be one of the most understanding of Horde leaders, especially in the early Pandaria quests, and to have him involved in all the background quests of the DO, while not understanding what he's doing, is insulting.

Nazgrim represents the same shitty arc that Garrosh demonstrated. Build him up to be something, then tear him down without any true demonstration.

TL : DR: No one is as crazy about honor as Nazgrim. No one sympathizes with the enemy when it comes to honor, and then dies for it. It's a fucking shitty writing trope. Let Nazgrim live. Let his character arc actually advance the way you've built it.

TL : DR/TL : D R: As a writer, Nazgrim dying is a fucking copout and Blizzard should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    sylvanas val'kyrs ressurect him and make him the new warchief
    I realize you're being facetious, but .. what if she really did raise him ? She'd go from being one of the most polarizing figures in the game to one of the most universally-hated ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Did I hear that right? GAMON delivers the killing blow? That is possibly the most awesome thing ever! He finally gets some REAL attention.

OT: I like how they have Nazgrim go out. Before hearing this I wanted him to join the rebellion but afterwards... it fits with his character far better this way. Top notch development!
    Pokemon Y FC: 0791 - 2268 - 4024
    PM me if you add me so I can get you back
    My RP Characters: Tobias Greyfang Oliver Ogleton Gar Plainstrider

10+ Year Old Account
    When Horde players fight Nazgrim, this is a must.

Last edited by Shampro; 2013-06-20 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post
    Did I hear that right? GAMON delivers the killing blow? That is possibly the most awesome thing ever! He finally gets some REAL attention.
    As I understand that's an achievement for the meta.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Believe it or not, people have different definitions of honor. Nazgrim believed it was honorable to continue to serve a leader and a Horde that he swore an oath to serve, rather than drop them like a hot potato as soon as he dislikes or disagrees with something. He is just a soldier doing his job. It is about duty. He does sound glad when the PCs defeat him though, and told them to lead the Horde to a newer, better era.
    Last edited by Seyna Starstrider; 2013-06-20 at 05:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyna Starstrider View Post
    Believe it or not, people have different definitions of honor. Nazgrim believed it was honorable to continue to serve a leader and a Horde that he swore an oath to serve, rather than drop them like a hot potato as soon as he dislikes something. He is just a soldier doing his job. It is about duty. He does sound glad when the PCs defeat him though, and told them to lead the Horde to a newer, better era.

The problem I have is that he doesn't follow that same definition of honor until 5.4 He makes plenty of comments to the PC that he doesn't completely agree with Garrosh, and he serves as the "secret" quest giver to the PC for the Darkspear Rebellion leaders, yet all of that goes out the window in 5.4

Believe it or not, people have different definitions of honor. Nazgrim believed it was honorable to continue to serve a leader and a Horde that he swore an oath to serve, rather than drop them like a hot potato as soon as he dislikes or disagrees with something. He is just a soldier doing his job. It is about duty. He does sound glad when the PCs defeat him though, and told them to lead the Horde to a newer, better era.
    Some take their Oaths more seriously than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    The problem I have is that he doesn't follow that same definition of honor until 5.4 He makes plenty of comments to the PC that he doesn't completely agree with Garrosh, and he serves as the "secret" quest giver to the PC for the Darkspear Rebellion leaders, yet all of that goes out the window in 5.4
    Wait, what? When did he work with the PC and the Darkspear Rebellion leaders? He only gives you quests involving the Divine Bell in Domination Point, if that's what you're referring to. While he has concerns about the direction the Horde is going, his oath to serve is more important to him than his own personal feelings or opinions on the matters are. It's not breaking character at all. He's shown many, many times to be Garrosh's yes man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what? When did he work with the PC and the Darkspear Rebellion leaders? He only gives you quests involving the Divine Bell in Domination Point, if that's what you're referring to. While he has concerns about the direction the Horde is going, his oath to serve is more important to him than his own personal feelings or opinions on the matters are. It's not breaking character at all. He's shown many, many times to be Garrosh's yes man.
    Most of the Domination Point quests are "So Garrosh shouldn't know about this, go meet Baine or Vol'jin or Lor'themar. Discretion is key." That is counteracting Garrosh's command.

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Most of the Domination Point quests are "So Garrosh shouldn't know about this, go meet Baine or Vol'jin or Lor'themar. Discretion is key." That is counteracting Garrosh's command.
    Basically his honor stops him from directly opposing Garrosh, so he does what he can through you. But in the end, he is still a soldier and honor-bound to fight to the death for his Warchief.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Basically his honor stops him from directly opposing Garrosh, so he does what he can through you. But in the end, he is still a soldier and honor-bound to fight to the death for his Warchief.
    I can understand that Nazgrim wouldn't completely undermine Garrosh, but for a soldier who's seen the dangers of all out warfare and has fought under multiple Warchiefs, to have him die needlessly defending his honor protecting a Warchief he knows to be wrong is dumb. Honor does not work that way. They could have built up Nazgrim's character better to have him truly misguided, but instead they toed the line of understanding, then tossed him to the side no one wanted to see at the last second despite any true deciding factors.