Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

James Gandolfini dead at age 51.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/showbi...ary/index.html

James Gandolfini, actor known for his star role as Tony Soprano in the series "The Sopranos", died recently. Man this sucks. I loved the guy. RIP

He was brilliant in The Sopranos, he will be missed.

RIP James Gandolfini, aged 51

I loved this man in The Sporanos... Awesome actor. Shame we won't see any more of him.

RIP

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/19/sh...ary/index.html

Never watched any of his stuff, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Never watched any of his stuff, so meh.
    By the lack of contribution in this thread I guess you are not the only one? I cannot understand it :/ Tony Soprano was one of the best mafia bosses on television, ever.

Deleted
    What?! He died?! OMG NO! (((((( He was amazing in the Sopranos!

Deleted
    fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    By the lack of contribution in this thread I guess you are not the only one? I cannot understand it :/ Tony Soprano was one of the best mafia bosses on television, ever.
    Oh come on. No one will ever better than Marlon Brando. But Gandolfini was good actor and I liked him in Sopranos and the series. RIP

Deleted
    Lead role in one of the best tv series of all time...
    This screams for a Sopranos weekend!

R.I.P. James Gandolfini

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Like the guy you quoted, I wouldn't know. I haven't owned a television in close to 10 years, so I never watched a single episode of the sopranos. So yeah, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Oh come on. No one will ever better than Marlon Brando. But Gandolfini was good actor and I liked him in Sopranos and the series. RIP
    Absolutely never. But Gandolfini comes close 2nd right after the God Father.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never really got into the Sopranos but I knew him from a bunch of other stuff.

The last movie I saw him in was Zero Dark Thirty and he had put on a shit ton of weight so I'm not surprised he only made it to 51 =/

Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Never really got into the Sopranos but I knew him from a bunch of other stuff.

The last movie I saw him in was Zero Dark Thirty and he had put on a shit ton of weight so I'm not surprised he only made it to 51 =/
    Yeah, he was a lazy slug actually when it came to his health. A lot of drinking, eating, smoking... a lot of everything actually.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch much television, but I did end up picking up the Sopranos series from the library and I loved it. One of the best shows ever made. Better than most movies, even. And James Gandolfini was magnificent as Tony Soprano. He did a lot of other things as an actor and as a philanthropist, but most of the world will remember him as the complicated man who ran North Jersey as head of the Soprano Crime Family.

51 is way too young to die. May we all remember him fondly, and think of his family and children as they try to grieve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... What the fuck? Mind my french.

He's one of the actors that I just remember fondly. He was great in The Last Castle, and of course The Sopranos. 51 is way too early. Hollywood and the world has lost a great actor.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    He gave me my most used quote lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJzUKa1b0A

He was an incredible actor, my favorite role was gay mafia hitman in True Romance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Never liked him honestly, nor his roles. Never been a fan of the whole Mafia thing, and I disliked the Sopranos and the general idea of glorifying gangsters, drugs and violence.... THAT SAID! It's of course a shame that he died, especially at that age - and more or less, right infront of his son. Then again, he didn't seam overly healthy, so I guess he should've seen it coming. Honestly, I was surprised to learn that he was *only* 51, he looked a lot older...

Anyways - a shame he died.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Never watched the Sopranos; same as all the other shows I put off such as Lost/Dexter. That said, he seems to be a widely praised and appreciated actor; so I may watch the Sopranos in his honour.