1. #1

    [Prot] T16 set swap

    Well, before this change prot paladins were saying they weren't going to go for 4pc. Well, what was our 4pc is now our 2pc and the 2pc is now the 4pc. With these recent changes, has this changed anyone's minds? I personally wont be going for 4pc for awhile. Not even going to care about the 2pc. What do others think on this? Go 4pc or ignore it?

  2. #2
    I am likely going to have both 4p and off-set. 4p giving us 100% sotr coverage is just way to strong to pass up on. Atleast need to have in bags for those fights where 100% sotr is good.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  3. #3
    Epic! rawhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Solihull, UK
    Posts
    1,726
    For me this change will mean it all depends on the stats on the tier pieces whether or not i pick it up.
    Even if the tier piece itemisation is good i think id hold off until the rest of the raid has theirs as always.
    2 set is a pile of meh, 4 set is good but requires a lot of micromanagement.

    End of the day convenience of not messing about with our "rotation" may outway any bonus in HP generation tbh - lazy pally ftw.
    Keeping it url since 1864.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    For me this change will mean it all depends on the stats on the tier pieces whether or not i pick it up.
    Even if the tier piece itemisation is good i think id hold off until the rest of the raid has theirs as always.
    2 set is a pile of meh, 4 set is good but requires a lot of micromanagement.

    End of the day convenience of not messing about with our "rotation" may outweigh any bonus in HP generation tbh - lazy pally ftw.
    Yeah. Im wandering if the haste / mastery / hit / exp from non set pieces will win over. I mean, I can't see wanting to get 4pc over the other raid team members when non tier pieces would offer so much more.

  5. #5
    Unless the tier is "not-terrible" itemized, I don't see myself going for 4pc until it's going for offspec. 2pc is vastly underwhelming, and I'm betting hard that 3 of the 5 pieces of tier will have dodge, parry, or both.

    Basically, I might get 4pc once I outgear everything, just to play with it. But this bait and switch of set bonuses really pissed me off and solidified my view of taking off-set items (unless they put decent stats on tier for once).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  6. #6
    I think I'm one of the few people on this forum that LOVES his 4pT15. I find times to abuse the bonus all the time for "free" holy power. So with the 4p being really powerful, I'll still go for it just because it's that good. The 2p bonus is just meh, but who knows, the times in ToT when I have set times to use GoAK it wouldn't be that bad to have the HoT rolling as a bonus.

    It's probably not going to have optimal stats, probably something similar to what T15 has, but dat bonus.

    Please refrain from posting meme or meme-like images. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-06-20 at 03:09 PM.



  7. #7
    Right, but for those of us in 10s where 1) tank damage output matters more, 2) tank veng is lower due to less damage in, 3) less damage in means less HoPo from t15 4pc, and (in 5.4) 4) lower veng caps means that we can't really "afford" to run 4pc if we're going for max effectiveness/throughput.

    Not saying it's not great for 25s, just giving the 10m counterpoint.

    Oh, and we have shit loot in 10m, so tokens are rare and usually go to dps/heals first (for us, anyway).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

  8. #8
    If the tier drops enough (cuz lol conq) I'd pick it up, if it had decent stats on it. But it's not going to be worth losing the amounts of haste we'll have to lose- if the tier isn't itemized like a prot paladin wants. (at least 3 pieces with haste).

    Also, vengeance is calculated pre-mitigation, not post-mitigation.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    (at least 3 pieces with haste).
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. I'd be surprised if there's even 1 with haste on it.



  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Miedo View Post
    If the tier drops enough (cuz lol conq) I'd pick it up, if it had decent stats on it. But it's not going to be worth losing the amounts of haste we'll have to lose- if the tier isn't itemized like a prot paladin wants. (at least 3 pieces with haste).
    I'll eat my hat the day we have ONE prot piece with haste on it.

    Also, vengeance is calculated pre-mitigation, not post-mitigation.
    Assuming this was in relation to my post above? If so, you're not incorrect in the fact you listed, but vengeance IS higher in 25m than 10m due to higher damage ranges. Adding in the caps in 5.4 will exacerbate this in situations where you can abuse mechanics to further inflate vengeance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •