View Poll Results: Who will be the next Warchief?

Voters
645. You may not vote on this poll
  • Thrall

    48 7.44%
  • Vol'jin

    213 33.02%
  • Baine Bloodhoof

    29 4.50%
  • Lor'themar Theron

    75 11.63%
  • Varok Saurfang

    115 17.83%
  • A Horde Council

    165 25.58%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    why is Wrathion not on the list?
    Because he's not a serious contender.

    Wrathion probably has a hidden agenda, but I doubt openly taking over the Horde is part of it. Do you really think the Horde would accept a Black Dragon who prefers to go running around in human form as Warchief?

    Realistically I think it's down to Vol'jin and Thrall at this point. Vol'jin is the leader of the revolution, so taking over afterwards is fairly probable. Thrall is a contender still because still can't be sure if Blizzard has the guts to have the Warchief not be an Orc.

    Another possibility is that Vol'jin will become Warchief, and handle war and other political matters, while Thrall will become a sort of "High Farseer of the Horde" and handle spiritual matters without technically answering to Vol'jin.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

  2. #162
    Pandaren Monk Fullmetal89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Between the Spiral and Anti-Spiral dimensions.
    Posts
    1,964
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, but remenber that they already explained that Saurfang was not the warchief instead of Garrosh because he was way to old, and that his son would have been the Warchief but sadly he died in the wrathgate battle
    Its not because he was old, he turned out thrall because he was grief stricken due to his sons death.
    "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
    -
    Issac Asimov, Foundation.

    Pokémon Safari: Rock Type (Magcargo/Barbaracle/Dwebble).
    FC: 0447-5673-4977
    MAL PROFILE

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Thrall is a contender still because still can't be sure if Blizzard has the guts to have the Warchief not be an Orc.
    um...what? blizzard needs "guts" to give a title that's always been used in orcish leadership to someone who isn't an orc? that would be like saying an ogre should be high tinker of the gnomes, or sargeras is the high priestess of elune.. so of course it's going to be an orc who's warchief, it will just be one of the ones that sides with the rebellion like thrall or saurfang, if anything vol'jin will likely get a more prominent spot in the lore but I highly doubt he'll lead the horde despite the fanbase he got from threatening garrosh.
    ...at this point it's almost guaranteed that "war in warcraft" is garrosh getting on his incompetent podium to declare yet another group his enemy for the crime of breathing his air, alliance saying this is horde favoritism, and the more....special....yes.. let's go with special... horde players seeing garrosh as a god because he lets them attack the alliance players who keep saying that out being led by a moron is horde favoritism.

  4. #164
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,403
    Quote Originally Posted by razorfire View Post
    um...what? blizzard needs "guts" to give a title that's always been used in orcish leadership to someone who isn't an orc? that would be like saying an ogre should be high tinker of the gnomes, or sargeras is the high priestess of elune.. so of course it's going to be an orc who's warchief, it will just be one of the ones that sides with the rebellion like thrall or saurfang, if anything vol'jin will likely get a more prominent spot in the lore but I highly doubt he'll lead the horde despite the fanbase he got from threatening garrosh.
    I love vol'jin, and that's precisely why I DON'T want him as warchief, I think it might change his character too much, I kinda like the trolls as they are, a valuable ally, close friends, and there when you need them for a fight, showing up with cunning and ferocity, it's brilliant, I'd like to see Vol'jin return to an advisory role but still keep some of the screen time he's been getting lately, he's a cool character but I don't think he's a warchief.

    As for who I'd like to see as warchief, I'm not sure, part of me hopes Thrall can return to the position and don his awesome black plate armor again...

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    why is Wrathion not on the list?
    Haha, well that would be interesting. But I think Black Dragons prefer to manipulate events from the shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #166
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    I love vol'jin, and that's precisely why I DON'T want him as warchief, I think it might change his character too much, I kinda like the trolls as they are, a valuable ally, close friends, and there when you need them for a fight, showing up with cunning and ferocity, it's brilliant, I'd like to see Vol'jin return to an advisory role but still keep some of the screen time he's been getting lately, he's a cool character but I don't think he's a warchief.

    As for who I'd like to see as warchief, I'm not sure, part of me hopes Thrall can return to the position and don his awesome black plate armor again...
    yes. this is something people don't seem to comprehend as the role of warchief represents. Its not just what the character does for the horde, its how it changes them as a character. We've had to read about how Thrall has gone though this elaborate change to his outlook on life and the world all though cataclysm, and by the end he's given stuff like a family, much like Varian himself has.
    To me, this should be what his development into a more well rounded figure who understands whats more important is. We talks to us in the echo isles about how horde is family, and why we need to hold together as it. Yet, well he's been discovering himself and growing up, the horde is splitting apart, and needs someone stable to keep it together again.
    Given all he's meant to have been though, he's suppose to represent that change not just in himself but also in the horde. And frankly, having him not return as warchief, after all this, is to me the biggest fucking cop out the writers could come up with.

    And, as you say, characters like Vol'jin, Sylvanas, Baine and Lor'themar are held firmly in there roles already as rulers of there own people. If you choose anyone of them to become warchief of the horde, it would put there in a posisiton where they are more focused on there duty to the horde and less on there duty to there own people. You can't have Baine because warchief because he needs to watch over his people in mulgore, Sylvanas has to dedicate herself to her people in tirisfal, and vol'jin to his own people in the echo isles.

    You can't have these leaders divide themselves from there roles, because it would screw up all they worked.

    That also leaves the fact that the orcs will be without a leader after the death of Garrosh, and as we know the orcs appear as the most prolific race of the horde, but one that needs a leader for them to answer to. You can't just dismiss the orcs out of hand given there numbers and virtues. And having anyone else except an orc as there leader is pretty retarded to recommend, its like suggesting a night elf be ruler of the humans.

    So it has to be an orc, that leaves only a few candidates, Thrall, Saurfang, Eitirgg.. and I would have suggested nazgrim but he's going to die, and I can't recommend Rexxar since not only is he not here, but he's not that kind of a character.

    Really, in blizzard not developing any other orc character to take the role, they've left no other options.

  7. #167
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,158
    I really hope it's not Vol'jin, doesn't suit the role imo.

    I hope it's either Thrall or Saurfang.

  8. #168
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    why is Wrathion not on the list?
    durrrr, because basic campfire couldn't make it on either, hur hur, durrrr *crosseye*... I luv memes.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 03:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I really hope it's not Vol'jin, doesn't suit the role imo.

    I hope it's either Thrall, Saurfang or Rexxar.
    like I say, Rexxar isn't around. I can't ever consider him an option, unless they, you know, actually had him involved in anything.

  9. #169
    Mechagnome reemi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    676
    rexxar 10 char

  10. #170
    am i the only one who thinks lor'themar's rise to "awesomeness" is as one-dimensional as garrosh's? the storytelling in this game has gone so far downhill since wc3 lore more or less dried up.

  11. #171
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    am i the only one who thinks lor'themar's rise to "awesomeness" is as one-dimensional as garrosh's? the storytelling in this game has gone so far downhill since wc3 lore more or less dried up.
    trust me your not the only who who thinks so.
    In blizzards effort to try and stir the story beyond warcraft 3 stories, they've become directionless in what they have left. Now it just feels like instead of having some integrity to there stories, they are just writer whatever they think gets the best reaction from players rather then well thought out archs.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    am i the only one who thinks lor'themar's rise to "awesomeness" is as one-dimensional as garrosh's? the storytelling in this game has gone so far downhill since wc3 lore more or less dried up.
    Eh, Blizzard's plotlines have always been um... cartoonish I guess. I mean people talk about Arthas becoming the Lich King like it was the high point of all Warcraft lore and yet I found it pretty one dimensional in the game as well. And Garithos and the Blood Elves was a bit of an ass pull as well.

    Not that I'm criticising really, Warcraft isn't supposed to be Mass Effect or anything. Simple plots are fine for games where the plot isn't the major focus of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  13. #173
    I am Murloc! roahn the warlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In your base, killing your dudes
    Posts
    5,444
    The warchief is given to whomever kills the last one, that would be voljin since he is the head of the resistance
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    So it has to be an orc, that leaves only a few candidates, Thrall, Saurfang, Eitirgg.. and I would have suggested nazgrim but he's going to die, and I can't recommend Rexxar since not only is he not here, but he's not that kind of a character.
    Honestly, Eitrigg is just a glorified NPC. He has very little involvement in the game and only has significance in certain characters' backstories. Novels don't count.

    As much as Saurfang is a memetic badass, his only display of character which would distinguish him enough to make him a possible candidate for Warchief was in Borean Tundra way back in Wrath. And a brief appearance in ICC. Since then Blizzard hasn't so much as mentioned him - and one appearance next patch doesn't make up for that. Don't think that bodes well, especially considering his age and his apparent wish to retire from conflict (just to be clear, I really liked Saurfang back in Wrath and his character could make a great Warchief, I just don't see it happening).

    If it's going to be an Orc it would probably have to be Thrall. No other Orc is really distinct enough as a unique character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  15. #175
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    The warchief is given to whomever kills the last one, that would be voljin since he is the head of the resistance
    if I'm right, in the siege well vol'jin is stood outside the gate of org commanding the resistance, other characters are actually inside the city. Unless they give us some more voice files to tell otherwise, its remains to be seen if Vol'jin shows up for the garrosh kill.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    The warchief is given to whomever kills the last one, that would be voljin since he is the head of the resistance
    If Vol'Jin does become Warchief, who will be the Orc racial leader?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  17. #177
    Spoilers.



    Garrosh's fight audio files do not imply ANY lore characters being there except MAYBE Thrall, if his conversation with Thrall takes place just before the fight. And even so it doesn't imply Thrall being a part of the fight, so it seems the players get the kill this time.

    I have a theory too that Varian will duel with Garrosh outside the city, forcing Garrosh back but either being wounded or, unlikely, killed. I'm guessing this because Jaina comments on him leaving gorehowl behind, and we have Jaina shouting "Varian! VARIAN!" Nothing but speculation though.
    Last edited by Malzra; 2013-06-21 at 03:31 AM.

  18. #178
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Honestly, Eitrigg is just a glorified NPC. He has very little involvement in the game and only has significance in certain characters' backstories. Novels don't count.

    As much as Saurfang is a memetic badass, his only display of character which would distinguish him enough to make him a possible candidate for Warchief was in Borean Tundra way back in Wrath. And a brief appearance in ICC. Since then Blizzard hasn't so much as mentioned him - and one appearance next patch doesn't make up for that. Don't think that bodes well, especially considering his age and his apparent wish to retire from conflict (just to be clear, I really liked Saurfang back in Wrath and his character could make a great Warchief, I just don't see it happening).

    If it's going to be an Orc it would probably have to be Thrall. No other Orc is really distinct enough as a unique character.
    that also my thought on it too. If they choose Eitrigg, people woudl literally jump out yelling 'who the f***s this guy??!!', and Saurfang just wants to retire after the death of his son.

    no other orc characters have any kind of development, and the ones that did joined Garrosh's army and now being killed off.

    Unless someone can suggest, with some actual thought put into it, a suggestion for an orc character other then Thrall, then there really isn't anyone else now.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    trust me your not the only who who thinks so.
    In blizzards effort to try and stir the story beyond warcraft 3 stories, they've become directionless in what they have left. Now it just feels like instead of having some integrity to there stories, they are just writer whatever they think gets the best reaction from players rather then well thought out archs.
    i dont know if its just the mmo format or what but character development is lacking severely. arthas, illidan, kael, etc all had interesting stories. sure, they were bad, but they at least bear questioning what would have become of azeroth had they not done what they did.

  20. #180
    Herald of the Titans Irisel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Swimming in a fish bowl
    Posts
    2,659
    Warchief of the Orcs.. Saurfang.

    Leader of the Horde... Council, with Vol'Jin as the head.

    Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •