Council has my vote.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxyde View Post
    it's going to be Gamon.
    If it's gamon, then I am really confused lol. I voted for Vol'jin yet I would not mind having Lor'themar, guy has got style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Putting the only decent looking race aka Blood Elves in the Horde and ignoring them to further promote the tribal theme is already ruining some people's game. There has to be a means of satisfying everyone, having Warchief Vol'jin for example is not one of them. As for the 5.2 Lor'themar spotlight, it all remains to be seen as something interesting might be in store there.
    Having Warchief Lor'themar is also not another one. Here's the thing, the Blood Elves were added to the Horde, they are by no means the majority and the Tribal theme is a major part of the Horde if you don't like it, leave. You people seem to be forgetting, the Orcs Were, Are, and Will be, the Horde, everyone else just tagged along. Also if you want to play a happy and prettyful race, I hear the Alliance is always recruiting. They're not even tribal!

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Lor'themar would be an awesome. However, people would be pissed. Also Lor'themar isn't fond of ruling his own people, let alone an entire faction. It'll be Baine, Vol'jin, or Thrall. Saurfang is too old, Rexxar hasn't been seen in a while, and there is no one else.

Vol'jin is the least likely. Vol'jin would never take the mantle. He would pass it onto Thrall, and if Thrall doesn't want to (or gets injured), it'll be Baine. I can't imagine Vol'jin actually taking the mantle of Warchief, but I can easily imagine him passing it to Thrall, or to Baine.
    I agree Vol'jin wants to deal with his own people and maybe be a council member but that is it.
    Thrall, he was what the Horde needed but not anymore he screwed the pooch and bad with Garrosh.
    Saurfang, council member yes but he will bitch about it like a mother f@@@@@
    Sylvannas, no no no no no no, Bolvar needs to unfreeze his ass and put this bitch next to him on ice forever.
    Gamon, I wish but kinda hard if he gets killed in SoO.
    Rexxar is formidable and will be a major player if we get a burning legion xpac but Warchief, no.
    Baine, well he is sorta cool but he lacks the experience, too young. If Cairne was alive now he would/should be Warchief everyone respected him (Horde and Alliance)
    Lor'themar this dude has been brought out of the dark and showed us all he has a pair even Cairn would be jealous of.

So council for me, as to its members, Vol'jin, Lor'themar, Saurfang, Baine and a 5th (must be an orc with a cool head).

Oh I know we have Gallywix but I simply ignore his existence.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Althalus View Post
    Thrall, he was what the Horde needed but not anymore he screwed the pooch and bad with Garrosh.
    And yet, he's the one facing against Garrosh, even without his shamanistic powers.
    #boycottchina

My vote is for Vol'jin.

However, I've been wondering, if the next Warchief isn't an orc, won't the orcs need a "faction leader"? Who would that be?
    Last edited by Shonough; 2013-06-20 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And yet, he's the one facing against Garrosh, even without his shamanistic powers.
    Doesn't sound like he fares well.

Oh i agree with you on that front and maybe we get to see the old Thrall but I don't see him as warchief anymore, mind you only time will tell.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Doesn't sound like he fares well.
    every person said the same thing about every character sound file, Jaina, lor'themar, Varian, Anduin, apparently people have weird ways of reading into whats being said here.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    It will be nice to see Garrosh pummel Thrall into the dirt <3

Put Rexxar there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is vol'jin winning? Smelly troll! Can't have someone who would prefer to hide in the shadow as leader of the horde.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Having Warchief Lor'themar is also not another one. Here's the thing, the Blood Elves were added to the Horde, they are by no means the majority and the Tribal theme is a major part of the Horde if you don't like it, leave. You people seem to be forgetting, the Orcs Were, Are, and Will be, the Horde, everyone else just tagged along. Also if you want to play a happy and prettyful race, I hear the Alliance is always recruiting. They're not even tribal!
    A person defending Orcs as a respectful race, yet calling Blood Elves happy and prettyful. Hmm, either there is too much bias or someone is extremely ignorant in terms of lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vol'jin is most plausible, gets stabbed, survives death, rises up to conquer.... Classic tale.

You know, I don't want a Blood Elf warchief, but after everything that's gone on, all the quests and such, Lor'themar is the guy for the job. He has a mind for strategy and politics, but he also doesn't back down from a fight.

Jaina threatened his life even more recently. Saurfang made the threat first.
    Maybe it'll be like Caesar and everyone will get a stab in.

Or maybe we'll just kill him because he's a raid boss :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    That's what is baffling me. He's a nobody. He hasn't had any new lines since vanilla. He's a one-off character that is being utilized in the Nazgrim fight to give people an optional end if they get the meta achievement of keeping him alive.

Gamon will never, ever be in the position where he's a serious candidate for Warchief.
    Don't forget, panda's started out as a joke too.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinder View Post
    I Think that it'll end up the horde and alliance will group together, all the major leaders sit around a campfire holding hands with flowers in their hair singing "Kumbaya"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo9AH4vG2wA
    As long as it's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stw3osNnEkY, I'm okay with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Orcs might have been the beginning of the Horde, but they are not the whole thing. Without the other races the Orcs would have been died a long time ago.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    why is Wrathion not on the list?
    Because he's not a serious contender.

Wrathion probably has a hidden agenda, but I doubt openly taking over the Horde is part of it. Do you really think the Horde would accept a Black Dragon who prefers to go running around in human form as Warchief?

Realistically I think it's down to Vol'jin and Thrall at this point. Vol'jin is the leader of the revolution, so taking over afterwards is fairly probable. Thrall is a contender still because still can't be sure if Blizzard has the guts to have the Warchief not be an Orc.

Another possibility is that Vol'jin will become Warchief, and handle war and other political matters, while Thrall will become a sort of "High Farseer of the Horde" and handle spiritual matters without technically answering to Vol'jin.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.