Economy and patch 5.4

I'm seeking for advice how to make profit when patch 5.4 hits the live servers.

I have tailoring, enchanting, mining, jewelcrafting, alchemy (450), engineering (450).
    I have 30k gold, yes I know it's not much.

Can anyone with expierence tell me what to do to increase my gold.
    Ty in advanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a Lock or DK? I've been soloing warbringers and making a killing with very little effort. When I was getting started I also was consistent about doing my Tillers farm on 2-3 toons every day, also have an elixir and pot master, proc like crazy and just own the flask/pot market, only sell a few at a time, what I imagine people would buy in a rush before a raid, I undercut by a small amount but I have a bottom limit for each thing I sell that I think isn't enough and will wait for the market to go back up.

Anyway with the enchanting changes in 5.4, I imagine people will be buying enchanting scrolls moreso than usual.

Sorry this isn't super intricate and fancy, I personally hate making gold, I prefer to kill bosses, have fun with friends and get off the game. So, this has worked for me being very lazy lol, made about 12k the first week, been going up the more I see how the market works on my server. Not the best but more than enough for me.

I'm in the proces of leveling my dk (which i played in wotlk), he's 83 now.
    So farming warbringers would be a possibility. Farming tillers is boring but yea, easy gold for only a few min of work.

I also rather kill stuff than stand near the auction house. But i'd like to make some gold to spend it on mounts and such

Deleted
    Personally , I prefer the gem market and it makes me the most gold with little effort. I don't know how much things will change in 5.4 but gems will always sell.

First check the gem prices on your server and especially the "most wanted" cuts , generally red gems and some orange and purples sell like crazy and on a high price. Then compare the gem prices with the prices for ores and golden lotus. If the price of golden lotus is the half or much lower than the gems(30-40%) then level your alchemy and become a tranmutation master. You will just buy golden lotus and transmute them into gems . In my realm this method works and I make a really good profit without the procs(!!).

The only thing you should remember when selling something is to NOT sell when the prices drop really low (30-40% down) , just wait a couple of days and the prices will go back to normal. Also if you don't have any addons for the ah consider getting some.

You can also sell various things from your other proffessions , but to be honest no one is going to tell you their plans for 5.4 :P
    Go with the "normal" way and find out for yourself ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Pebamama View Post
    but to be honest no one is going to tell you their plans for 5.4 :P
    Haha , I didnt expect that ppl would. But advice / ideas is always welcome

And thank btw, the transmuting idea is pretty good

Deleted
    Understand how people are making money now.
    Understand your server and the ah economy.
    Read the patch notes and look for the implications on supply and demand.
    Place yourself in a position to take advantage of any surge in demand.

BTW there arent really any secrets amd people will change their stratehy according to theri server.

You then need to make your supply chain is as efficient as possible followed by ensuring your items will sell.

You can make plenty of money with the professions you have.
    Last edited by mmoc0afa280d34; 2013-06-29 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necket View Post
    I'm seeking for advice how to make profit when patch 5.4 hits the live servers.

I have tailoring, enchanting, mining, jewelcrafting, alchemy (450), engineering (450).
    I have 30k gold, yes I know it's not much.

Can anyone with expierence tell me what to do to increase my gold.
    Ty in advanced.
    As I mentioned in another thread you may want to stock up on Magnificent Hides now since the new Leatherworking crafting cooldown requires two of them. Dunno about Trillium since while it's needed for the Blacksmith cooldown the new crafted pieces don't require Trillium or Living Steel. MoP Enchanting mats might be worth it for doing cheap leveling enchants due to how they'll scale now on heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not terribly interested anymore in making more gold then I have, but I care enough to try and not spend more then I need to. So I usually stock useful materials in advance so I can get through any post patch price spikes without having to overpay for the things I need. In my case a tab of ore/gems, a tab of herbs for flasks and such, and a tab for cloth bolts/enchanting mats.

Tailor/enchants here i might switch for mining, i think it's easier to get gold

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azlundar22 View Post
    Tailor/enchants here i might switch for mining, i think it's easier to get gold
    Level an alt for gather profs, because training a crafting skill back up is crazy expensive.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Are you on a server that won't have a merged AH?

Any server that is dead/near dead I would recommend offing anything likely to tank in price. Enchants, living steel, gems... all of that stuff is likely to drop fast. Glyphs and leveling gear(90 blues) are likely to go up in price after everything gets a bit more stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Are you on a server that won't have a merged AH?

Any server that is dead/near dead I would recommend offing anything likely to tank in price. Enchants, living steel, gems... all of that stuff is likely to drop fast. Glyphs and leveling gear(90 blues) are likely to go up in price after everything gets a bit more stable.
    I wouldn't recommend doing anything rash before we know more about those virtual realms, and more importantly IF your realm is going to be merged, and even then which one with. Once we know this we can start doing some gambling on how the markets will react, before then it's rather risky to start dumping stock you might sell perfectly fine after the merge.

Deleted
    If you are going to be on a merged ah server then prices will fall v increased demand due to new content imo. I would wait as per xskarma. The trade off for lower price is increased activity. It will still not be the same as everyone being on the same server though becayse raid guilds and min maxers make most use of upgrades and the servers concerned will stay prety dead imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Will you learn how to risk everything become the true master of your Economy? The choice is yours.
    Risk everything? Nah, thanks but no thanks. I'll just do the things I know I can rely on to make me gold. Gems will sell, enchants will sell. There's no real risk in that. You'd need to be overdoing it in stocking up or paying the wrong price for your stock to run any risks with gold making that way, and even then it's a small risk.

Risk everything is more like putting all your gold in to a single TCG item and trying to sell it at a profit. I've never been that kind of risk taker, and I got to gold cap fine without it.

The way to fortune in 5.4 is no different then before. Buy cheap, sell for more. You need to know what the pricing on your market is to know what cheap is, and some basic knowledge about what the patch brings to know WHAT you can sell in 5.4, but I see nothing that you would need to risk everything for.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Risk everything? Nah, thanks but no thanks. I'll just do the things I know I can rely on to make me gold. Gems will sell, enchants will sell. There's no real risk in that. You'd need to be overdoing it in stocking up or paying the wrong price for your stock to run any risks with gold making that way, and even then it's a small risk.

Risk everything is more like putting all your gold in to a single TCG item and trying to sell it at a profit. I've never been that kind of risk taker, and I got to gold cap fine without it.

The way to fortune in 5.4 is no different then before. Buy cheap, sell for more. You need to know what the pricing on your market is to know what cheap is, and some basic knowledge about what the patch brings to know WHAT you can sell in 5.4, but I see nothing that you would need to risk everything for.
    I find TCG items really profitable even the best when its down to profit/work. Only thing I was doing to make gold was trading mounts (not specifically mounts anything over 50k+ but its generally a mount) till last week. If you have capital go for it you wont regret. Learned dozen of mounts to reach 200 mount achi now I'm out of capital (15k left lol) gonna raise my capital to 300k ish by traditional ways and then go back into buy&sell business.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is going to affect low-pop factions and to a lesser extent medium-pop factions. And it should only be in a good way.

I'm trying to get hold of as many rare recipes as I can. Right now it's almost impossible for me to resell a collectible recipe on my not-very-populated server. However, it's been around since vanilla, and there are all kinds of things lurking in banks and vaults. 2-3 months down the road, profit.

Most of the crafting-related markets in my universe are completely screwed up so I look forward to the day when they are functional.

Personally i would say lose the Engineering, there is only a small profit to be made from it unless you make Mechano Hogs.