Deleted

My raid group needs higher DPS

We went to ToT, and hoped to at least kill Tortos and have a few attempts on Megaera like last time, but that didn't happen. Our setup looked a bit different from last time. We only came to council.

Only one DPS had good dps and it was our lock, on second place was I one of the tanks. I have the logs so would appreciate if someone could see what the dpses did wrong in their rotation etc.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0unvnvjifknfozpr/

Wow, I have 3 DPS level 90s and I don't have any of the classes in your raid, so I'm afraid I can't help with the DPS side of things.

I will say though, there's virtually zero point in 3 healing ToT. Especially the beginning part. I know your DPSers are doing pretty bad DPS, but it would still help to have another DPS. I noticed that your Shaman has an Ele spec and one of your Priests has a Shadow spec. It's probably worth doing that, and then just having your RDruid and Disc Priest 2 heal everything. That's what my group has, I currently play the RDruid in my main raid and 2 healing really isn't hard at all, especially with a Disc Priest. This will help your DPS a lot, because it drops one of your healers doing 0 DPS and turns him into a DPS doing 60k+. Pretty big difference. Plus on some fights less healers makes it easier anyway, Horridon is much harder to 3 heal than to 2 heal, there's far more damage coming out if you 3 heal it, but if you 2 heal it the adds die faster so there's less overall damage.

Obviously you still want to get the DPS part sorted out, but I play an Arms Warrior, Rogue and Mage for DPS, don't know anything about any other classes so I'm afraid I won't be much help there. But it's worth trying fights with 2 healers instead of 3, that way if your DPS doesn't improve for whatever reason you're just adding another DPS, which will obviously help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Wow, I have 3 DPS level 90s and I don't have any of the classes in your raid, so I'm afraid I can't help with the DPS side of things.

I will say though, there's virtually zero point in 3 healing ToT. Especially the beginning part. I know your DPSers are doing pretty bad DPS, but it would still help to have another DPS. I noticed that your Shaman has an Ele spec and one of your Priests has a Shadow spec. It's probably worth doing that, and then just having your RDruid and Disc Priest 2 heal everything. That's what my group has, I currently play the RDruid in my main raid and 2 healing really isn't hard at all, especially with a Disc Priest. This will help your DPS a lot, because it drops one of your healers doing 0 DPS and turns him into a DPS doing 60k+. Pretty big difference. Plus on some fights less healers makes it easier anyway, Horridon is much harder to 3 heal than to 2 heal, there's far more damage coming out if you 3 heal it, but if you 2 heal it the adds die faster so there's less overall damage.

Obviously you still want to get the DPS part sorted out, but I play an Arms Warrior, Rogue and Mage for DPS, don't know anything about any other classes so I'm afraid I won't be much help there. But it's worth trying fights with 2 healers instead of 3, that way if your DPS doesn't improve for whatever reason you're just adding another DPS, which will obviously help.
    Thanks for the reply, I've already talked with them about checking out some guides for their class and so. We have a paladin in the guild that wants to heal, so if I put him in the raidgroup he and the druid can 2 heal, and Mesiah can go dps (he is really good at shadow priest), and for Megaera the priest can just go disc.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    They obviously do not care about playing well.
    Especially the warrior, he is just abhorrent.

On *that* scale, you won't solve the issue by asking for help on a forum. Even if some people with excessive faith in humanity do take their time and explain what each of your dpsers did wrong, and then you take your time bashing it in their heads... I don't believe they will listen. And even if they do, there are other bosses where they will continue to not learn and, therefore, to suck.

That just isn't how it works. You cannot make a player want to be a better player. The initiative has to be theirs.

Sorry to say it but you're not going to get far with your group. Everyone other than the brewmaster and the warlock are doing horrendously bad. You can't expect to post a log and have someone look through 8 individual's rotation/log and give you a solution. They either need to do their research (like check out icy veins or their class forums here on mmo) or you need to replace them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vattenmelon View Post
    We went to ToT, and hoped to at least kill Tortos and have a few attempts on Megaera like last time, but that didn't happen. Our setup looked a bit different from last time. We only came to council.

Only one DPS had good dps and it was our lock, on second place was I one of the tanks. I have the logs so would appreciate if someone could see what the dpses did wrong in their rotation etc.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0unvnvjifknfozpr/
    It's not unusual for a tank in tot to be high up there with the dmg dealers. It seems to me your problem is blaming it on the dps, while others things are going wrong. Your dps isn't the strongest but it is more then enough to progress in ToT.

Not to mention that you and especially the lock are almost 30 itemlvls higher then the other ppl you bring.

It feels abit like i would come on my 545 main and then come to this forum and complain how bad your lock is. Not very helpful.
    You don't really need more dps, just better performing strat wise etc.
    Last edited by mmoc94b3cd45b5; 2013-06-20 at 08:27 AM.

Deleted
    Your DPS could be higher.
    But looking at your logs for Council:
    There is only one of your 5 tries where u die to a DPS-Problem. (the 4th)
    The other tries u die because the tank gets to much dmg from Malakk (maybe an tankswitch when malakk casts Frigid Assault)
    or u die because people stand in shit.
    Fix this and u will be fine.
    U have enough DMG for the first part of the instance. Just learn the fight and let everyone do the right things.

Deleted
    I'll keep your advices in mind. Last week we got our first Horridon kill (we had a pretty long break), and then we took council on 3rd attempt, and then the next day we took Tortos really easily, and made attempts on Megaera and it went better for each try, so it feels like the group worked well (though it looked a bit different, we had a pug hunter with same dps as the warlock).

Maybe you have problem with position of the elders, I cant belive that some of DPS have so low damage when they cleave 2+ targets. Try to stack Sul/Frost King and Priestesess for more damage especially at the start with Bloodlust.
    I quickly looked up at the paladin on on your longest log wipe @ Council.
    Inquisition 30.5 % uptime, that is really low

Deleted
    I have to agree with tomathan, you're dps is pretty damn low but your not executing the fight close to properly...

1. Interupt sul, its the majority of damage going out and you all do a pretty shitty job there. have the warrior on marli spell reflecting and double interupting with rude interuption glyph.
    2. Switch to right targets in time, wiping to dark power is bad.
    3. Taunt switch malakk or coordinate cooldown usage way better.
    4. Dont stand in reckless charge, sandtraps or let shadowed loa spirits kill people.

An alternate strategy is to stack sul, malakk and marli ontop of each other, blow hero, pots and all dps cooldowns and focus burn Sul while cleaving malakk, until malakk is at ~60-70 energy and you switch to him. You ignore healing adds completely except when marli is empow, since that add oneshots you.
    This helps you kill sul before he casts a sandstorm and the cleave will outweigh the 5% healing done.

There are far too many problems with the DPS to pinpoint just one. I recommend telling your slacking DPS to research their classes, which is extremely easy with the help of Google. I suggest Icy Veins. I know people around these forums will scoff at you at the mention of using the website but it's a very useful place for learning where to start.

If they don't improve or flat out refuse to learn their class, abandon ship.

i`ve always been a bad dps

Deleted
    My guild 3 heals almost all bosses, even the ones where there is very little raid damage but "high" dps requirements. I have told them that 2 healing would actually make some fights easier but they don't listen.

I can help a bit with the ret paladin.

- He is WAAAAY over hitcap, currently sitting at 14%, and is well below EXP cap at 4%. Get him at 7.5% each, have him download ReforgeLite to help.

- Inquision uptime is awful, its sub 40%, getting that above 95% will improve his dps quite a bit and its no extra effort.

- Get him Dancing Steel for his weapon, not Windsong.

Hunter doing 98k on Jin'Rokh....I don't even.....I consider myself pretty bad (just now getting heroics downed) and I pulled around 210k on my first Heroic Jin'Rokh last week...the damage buff is huge from those puddles. I would advise abandoning these raiders, as harsh as it sounds. They are simply bad players who have no motivation to progress. If they really wanted to clear bosses they would do research and perform better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phildozer View Post
    Hunter doing 98k on Jin'Rokh....I don't even.....I consider myself pretty bad (just now getting heroics downed) and I pulled around 210k on my first Heroic Jin'Rokh last week...the damage buff is huge from those puddles. I would advise abandoning these raiders, as harsh as it sounds. They are simply bad players who have no motivation to progress. If they really wanted to clear bosses they would do research and perform better.
    The hunter is my irl friend and guildleader, but he gladly tool a look at some hunter guides I sent him, hopefully he and the others might have improved their dps.