[Mage] Frost DPS

Right, so I just started raiding again since last week & I dont get my DPS at all(uptime on Ji-Kun is terrible because I was learning the nests)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3ob2ovqqid3vl1do/ if anyone has any idea why, please tell because I feel like I'm dragging people down & I dont want a failed trial because of something I know I can do better.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hanak/advanced

Before we do anything, please read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Mage-PVE-Guide and then ask anything you don't understand.

Honestly the most thorough guide I've found for Frost.

after looking at your armory, your haste is mighty low and it looks like you're geared towards Fire with all that crit lootz.

Should be using LvB for single target.

Your weapon is holding you back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    Before we do anything, please read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Mage-PVE-Guide and then ask anything you don't understand.

Honestly the most thorough guide I've found for Frost.

after looking at your armory, your haste is mighty low and it looks like you're geared towards Fire with all that crit lootz.
    Pretty much just taking what I can... aiming for frost.

Inb4threadlock

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-my-DPS-thread is where you want to go for the information you're seeking. Mods are trying to consolidate all the "Help my DPS" threads.

However, my advice is not to worry about it. Your DPS is going to be shit overall because you're on nests. Unless someone else flying is logging, you're going to be out of range for a HUGE portion of the fight. Even then, your DPS will be pretty shit since you're occasionally hitting adds, but a good portion is flying and having an eDPS of 0.

If you're doing well on other fights, you're fine. Ji-Kun isn't a fight you need to really worry about DPS (particularly Normal).
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-06-18 at 03:51 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    DPS isn´t important even in heroic mode. As Polarthief already said, if you get done your job right, everthing is fine. I`m on nest duty while our fire mages are in the dps group, because fire benefit way more from the buff then a frost mage would. Hard, but I (we) have to accept it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Inb4threadlock

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-my-DPS-thread is where you want to go for the information you're seeking. Mods are trying to consolidate all the "Help my DPS" threads.

However, my advice is not to worry about it. Your DPS is going to be shit overall because you're on nests. Unless someone else flying is logging, you're going to be out of range for a HUGE portion of the fight. Even then, your DPS will be pretty shit since you're occasionally hitting adds, but a good portion is flying and having an eDPS of 0.

If you're doing well on other fights, you're fine. Ji-Kun isn't a fight you need to really worry about DPS (particularly Normal).
    When you're doing net you also got the buff some most of the time I end up going on the boss again and dpsing him.
    Sure my dps might be a little higher if I could tunnel him, but if you get the buff each time your dps is gonna skyrocket too

Some fights DPS doesn't matter, like has already been said. Fights you should be more worried about in terms of where you end up on the meters are fights like Megaera and Twin Consorts where there isn't much RNG involved (like getting red beamed on Durumu or speared constantly on Qon). Make sure Nether Tempest (or whichever bomb you go with) is always up. Prioritize your spells properly. If you're using Nether Tempest give priority to your Brain Freeze procs as opposed to your Fingers of Frost. Even though Frost Mages don't scale as well as Fire, your gear makes a huge difference.

Also keep in mind that if you just started raiding last week then you're not going to be as good as some of the people you're running with. If they've been doing it for months and you're just starting now, they are going to have mountains of experience on you. Mr. Robot also has you making a number of changes, so you can take a look at that too, if you agree with it.

Unfortunately the fights you have given logs for aren't any good for determining if and what could be wrong, durumu is probably the only one i can really get an idea of your dps on and it seems pretty on par with your gear.

Ji-kun dps seems to be on par as well for full time nest duty.

For tortos depends on if your full time turtle dps/slower or if you get to nuke down the bats
    Animus is horrible because most of the time your waiting to pile your add into a massive
    Primodius is even worst bad rng on buffs and having others steals your buffs changes dps greatly
    Magaera just depends on your strat

p.s. put panda step on your boots, also on durumu you can leave your elemental on the boss full time to squeak out a touch more dmg, same with tortos

Quote Originally Posted by Xomniuri View Post
    p.s. put panda step on your boots, also on durumu you can leave your elemental on the boss full time to squeak out a touch more dmg, same with tortos
    You can do this on Horridon too. Plus, having a pet to knockback the add is really helpful on heroic.

As far as frost goes, I'd say that your primary role is support. On council, you deep freeze the various adds and nuke them down ASAP. Ji-kun, you ice lance cleave the nests down. Ra-den, you pool procs to blow up the animas while doing a substantial amount of damage to the crackling add. It all comes down to doing what the raids needs you to do. In the case of Tortos, I dps and kick the whirl turtles, whereas a lot of other mages do damage (almost exclusively) to the bats.

The key to Ji-kun though is knowing when you're going up/down so that you can maximize your nutrient buff. As long as you're able to effectively do that, you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    You can do this on Horridon too. Plus, having a pet to knockback the add is really helpful on heroic.

As far as frost goes, I'd say that your primary role is support. On council, you deep freeze the various adds and nuke them down ASAP. Ji-kun, you ice lance cleave the nests down. Ra-den, you pool procs to blow up the animas while doing a substantial amount of damage to the crackling add. It all comes down to doing what the raids needs you to do. In the case of Tortos, I dps and kick the whirl turtles, whereas a lot of other mages do damage (almost exclusively) to the bats.

The key to Ji-kun though is knowing when you're going up/down so that you can maximize your nutrient buff. As long as you're able to effectively do that, you're golden.
    Yeah im usually first on those adds on council (forgot the name, loa or something?) deepfreeze half their health off xD