Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Members of the KKK want to protect Israel? Have I awoken in backwards world or something?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Members of the KKK want to protect Israel? Have I awoken in backwards world or something?
    KKK is just sensationalism to make the story sound bigger than it is. They think anybody that is white and doesn't like other races is KKK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    Wha????? and if i create a better bullet with 25% more range and stopping power am i then also guilty of conspiracy to commit murder.
    what about the development of the A-bomb or any other weapons system. what about the Gatling gun. just because the technology is deadly is not automatically conspiracy to commit murder.
    The USA is pretty much the only nation in the world where the government does not have a monopoly on the legitimate use of violence. However, there are limits to what people can do with our rights to use violence and it pretty much ends at self-defense. The killing, or planned killing of domestic and foreign citizens is something we do not have a right to do.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Pretty sure DARPA already knows how to make a high power microwave beam.
    True but it costs 1 billion to make or more and these guys Macguyvered the damn thing :P
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

There's a lot of confusion here.

First, "microwaves" having just about nothing in common with "X rays". Yes, both are photons. But microwaves are very very weak, down past infrared. Microwaves (like radio waves) interact with matter by nudging molecules to move faster- they heat things in a similar fashion to a heat lamp.

An X-Ray is VERY energetic- well past ultraviolet- and is ionizing radiation. This means that it strips off electrons, because the wavelength is so small and focused it can do that. That wrecks whatever it just hit, chemically changing it, and that can damage DNA, etc. This is the mechanism via which nuclear radiation harms you.

Focusing microwaves on an area can make it warm, or hot. It could be fatal if done with enough power- it's basically a heat ray, which unsurprisingly, could kill.
    Enough X-Rays to accomplish a similar (fast) death would indeed be a death ray- it would basically be an "atomic ray" from the 50s, focusing nuclear fire in a line. No one is anywhere close to such a thing, and there's plenty of great physics as to why that isn't even a good idea as a weapon, even if possible.

The idea these guys had- basically get an X-Ray source and run around with it dosing people with unhealthy or long term fatal doses of X-Rays- could work, and could let them get away with it. But there's no evidence they were anywhere close to having anything. Just the fact that they were conspiring to build and use it (remember, the government caught them by pretending to offer a large enough X-Ray machine- which as you would imagine, is pretty much the business end of this whole thing, meaning they certainly didn't have it to start with) is enough to nail them, and sure enough, they are nailed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Indeed, major causes are environmental and lifestyle, cancer is perfectly normal and happens all the time, expect your body copes with it via immunity, but when you have a shitty lifestyle and many environmental aggressors that keep said immunity down and stimulate development of cancers, it reaches a point where your immunity just cant cope with natural cancer and BAM, body can cope with a lot of bullshit we put it through, but there are limits :P
    It's nothing to do with immunity. Cancer is caused by genetic mutation, either in a proto-oncogene (genes that stimulate cell division), or a tumour-suppressant gene ( a gene that inhibits cell division and therefore prevents tumours). If there is a mutation which causes one of these genes to be non functional, then cell growth becomes unregulated, and tumours form.

You are right about environmental factors and lifestyle choices affecting the risk of cancer though, as a bad diet, smoking, or exposure to radiation (mobile phones etc) can increase the risk of mutation of one of these genes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like they are cool guys.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

So then if these two guys were able to do this then the government surely has one or more of these possibly better than these hiding somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    A death ray? That's indeed ridiculous.

But you know what's even more ridiculous? That it only took two guys to build that shit.
    It could have been Dr. Evil and Mojo Jojo, you never know!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just pictured Mythbusters testing it out the entire time I read this.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, didn't know racists had the brains to pull this off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wow, didn't know racists had the brains to pull this off.
    never underestimate a racist with time on his hands they can do some pretty crazy stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

who according to US media as a member of the far-right Ku Klux Klan organization
    That's cute. See this is how idiots are manipulated. Use a quaint little drop in that makes idiots believe the KKK is run out of the RNC so that when any opposition comes up the good ol' race card is primed and ready for action. I'm willing to bet cash money that there are more people on this board than not that ACTUALLY believe the KKK is part of the Republican Party. Second bet is that even less will know the DNC was instrumental in the creation of the KKK and used them to maintain segregation and to drive Republicans out of offices across the south for generations.

On the other hand its worth noting you have thousands of similar groups Muslim men all around the world building home-made weapons in order to target people of a specific race/faith. Yet I don't hear anybody calling them racists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Indeed, major causes are environmental and lifestyle, cancer is perfectly normal and happens all the time, expect your body copes with it via immunity, but when you have a shitty lifestyle and many environmental aggressors that keep said immunity down and stimulate development of cancers, it reaches a point where your immunity just cant cope with natural cancer and BAM, body can cope with a lot of bullshit we put it through, but there are limits :P
    Cancer is an instruction set; it has no root causal agent, and there is no way to know if modern rates of cancer are the same as historical ones. Leonardo da Vinci died of cancer, btw.
    Last edited by tenzing21; 2013-06-20 at 10:27 PM.

Ah, Euronews, I love your passive-agressive islamisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Thought the US worked on microwave weapons for non lethal purposes, something about slight heat making people want to move away or some such what do i know
    Yeah we got that, it emits low power microwaves that literally boil the moisture out of the outer layers of your skin resulting in horrible pain, but with no permenant damage.

To my knowledge we haven't used it in a practical test yet.

Deleted
    Pewpewpewpew. I remember when I was a kid there was a playground rumor that shooting a playstation lightgun through someone gave them cancer. Me and my brother used to do it to eachover all the time. Proper death ray'd that idiot.

Anyway it sounds rad. (apart from the whole killing thing).

SPOILER ALERT! It doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Yeah we got that, it emits low power microwaves that literally boil the moisture out of the outer layers of your skin resulting in horrible pain, but with no permenant damage.

To my knowledge we haven't used it in a practical test yet.
    Last edited by Olo; 2013-06-20 at 11:20 PM.

Sounds like someone got patsied.