Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Hello guys, i was talking with my brother about the SoO, but one way or another we ended up talking about Sylvanas..., and there was something that my brother told that is... quite true and now that's bothering me...., How could Sylvanas die with only one shot in the head when she wouldn't die if she jumped from the Icecrown:

(Source)
    Slowly, she crunched her way to the ragged edge of the icy platform. A thousand feet below, shrouded by the clouds, lay a forest of shattered saronite spikes she had scouted out earlier. The fall alone couldn't kill her: her animate flesh was nigh indestructible. But the spikes, the hardened blood of an Old God, they not only would tear the body apart but would obliterate the soul as well.

So how could a shot in the head kill her, if a jump from the top of Icecrown couldn't kill her?!

Here a picture of the icecrown (that's before Arthas became Lich King, so for that time the Citadel didn't exist)

Ridiculous I know.

The lore is hardly ever accurate in wow, guess one lone horde or alliance sharpshooter could of just sniped the Lich King with an AP round through his helm when he came out to fight at the Wrath Gate. Would of saved everyone a lot of trouble and Sarufang a son..

There a huge holes in the lore, wouldn't worry about it - i don't, it lost any sense of believable fantasy narrative a long time ago. When some things apply for one but not the other, when you pull out huge discrepancies in the powers within the game, but are not accurately reflected I lose interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I could counter that these events happened a few weeks after the siege of Gilneas and Godfrey as a treacherous bastard who planned to betray Sylvanas from the get go could have spend his time between events looking precisely for what would be most effective against her.
    Plus he was popping undead in the head to kill them the whole time you run around with him before he attacks her.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well I could counter that these events happened a few weeks after the siege of Gilneas and Godfrey as a treacherous bastard who planned to betray Sylvanas from the get go could have spend his time between events looking precisely for what would be most effective against her. But this is us trying to explain something in game. We are better off just admitting that WoW is riffled with inconsistencies because it is a shared world, shared between two groups of people who do not interact constantly beyond having a common liaison (story designers and novelists). Pen n Paper RPGs have way more hardcore audiences and we have long learned to stomache that expecting novels to mirror our ever more complex systems is an exercise in futility; maybr here in wow forums we can all stop being anal-retentive about consistency eh?
    I do believe the lore being inconistent was kind of my original point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Her undead flesh is not "nigh indestructible" whomever wrote that pulled it out of their ass while fanwanking Sylvanas. Undead flesh is very much destructible.
    Its called a phrase. It confers the notion that she can regenerate herself so sources of death or injuries won't destroy her like they would a normal person. Like a fall from a great height. It might knock her out for a while until her body regenerates but it wouldn't kill her. She is nigh indestructible, but not indestructible.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Her body just can take way more than a living person, a fall from a high altitude will crush her bones, her organs, but she doesn't need that.

The shot from a musket from such a close distance liquified her brain probably, even if she survived that, she would be forever the queen of the brain deads, drooling all over the place ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's icecrown before its reinforced by saranite. ICC looks like it does now its was upgraded ALOT in the time between wc3 and the raid.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    The lore is hardly ever accurate in wow, guess one lone horde or alliance sharpshooter could of just sniped the Lich King with an AP round through his helm when he came out to fight at the Wrath Gate. Would of saved everyone a lot of trouble and Sarufang a son...
    Arthas and Sylvanas are not the same. What could kill her doesn't mean it can kill Arthas as well. The problem with lore is people create perceived issues when they don't want to accept something in the lore. Sylvanas can have a regenerative body that means she won't die from a fall but she can still die from other things like a bullet to the head. Nothing is a retcon, nothing is inaccurate, and both can exist with out conflict.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

She died both times and the Valkyre revived her twice. When she jumped from ICC and died she actually went to WoW's version of hell before the Valkyre brought her back.

it was godfreys magic necromantic shots that spawn ghouls. they can probably kill the undead.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

A wizard saved her life.