Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Or maybe some high-rank NPCs will die when you wipe on certain fights, so they added in death sound effects for them all.

Edit: Darnit, Buxton beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by teebo View Post
    Dang, didnt know she also did Shins and Lagoona Blue voice. I only know Lagoona because of my kid, I dont watch that stuff.
    YUS! She is simply amazing. I was watching interviews done with her, and she is a really cool person. Talk about a profession that doesnt get boring. I would actually love my job but alas when i try to make voices people think im a derp.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I'm just going to assume that Varian at some point almost dies hence the response of ''you live''

And regarding the end of the sound clip when Jaina sounds like she is dying, I'm assuming that at certain parts of the raid she will assist the players in some way but like most NPC's that help you during a boss fight she will die if the raid fails to kill the boss.

Let's welcome Queen Proudmore being the new faction leader. For all you Game of Thrones watchers, how fun would it be if Anduin would be the new leader of the Alliance and starts acting like King Joffrey, he somehow reminds me of Joffrey when I look at the kid in-game, lol.

It would be pretty damn sudden if Varian would just die now, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought alliance playerbase hates him.

At least those that dont play humans.
    Alliance are indifferent towards Metzen.

Oh, Varian? He's mellowed out from the guy we all hated initially.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

Quote Originally Posted by mackenzie View Post
    Alliance are indifferent towards Metzen.

Oh, Varian? He's mellowed out from the guy we all hated initially.
    I was referencing the fact that he makes other alliance races look like idiots next to him.

I was referencing the fact that he makes other alliance races look like idiots next to him.
    They made Tyrande look like a fool but I dont think that really reflects on Varian. The biggest complaints I hear about him on the Alliance side are about the lack of real "Trials" in the High King stuff. First he stands on a beach and tells Tyrande to chill out, then he walks up to Ironforge and tells the Dwarves they should handle their business. Not exactly epic imo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Idiots? No. Lacking a purpose or focus, yes. So that's what you build upon now. It's sort of hinted in the "Blood in the Snow" scenario where Varian backs Moira and the Dark Iron Dwarves. I'm okay with that but also not okay after they made Mauradin something interesting in Wrath. Night Elves still have to figure themselves out. Worgen are going to be nothing more than a powerless subsect of humans until they get their own city back(spoiler alert: probably never). Draenei are never going to be a powerful force, just boots on the ground in this game same as Gnomes.
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hitandruntactic View Post
    Seal of Vengeance, Retribution Spec, Eye for an Eye talent. Sure ofc not <.<
    All of which have to do with their code of being tools of the Light. Personal vengeance is not something they are supposed to pursue. That was kind of the whole story behind the downfall of Arthas.

Uther:
    "Remember, Arthas, we are paladins. Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do."
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-20 at 06:10 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Don't care if varian dies, this high king nonsense needs to end soon. Tired of other races being made to look incompetent to make him look good.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What are you talking about? George R R Martin has made a fortune off of that trick, and has a TV show based on his work now which is (sadly) quite popular.
    Yeah, because that "trick" alone is responsible for the success of his books and the TV show. Hurrr.

But seriously, you're all listening to sound files thrown together with no context. Stop fussing.

I'm going to assume he nearly dies but actually survives. Like Anduin and Garrosh before. If he actually dies... Will it mean that Anduin becoming king is our fist pump moment? /shivers

I hope they do NOT do a eye for an eye. Would make for a great story, because I think that story tellers/writers should take notice from game of thrones. Maybe its possible to have a great story with out it ending predictably or with a happy ever after. I think if the story moves people, either making them sad/mad/happy/upset in any way that it was a success because that story reached the emotions of the viewers. Maybe its time for a upset in wow.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Sincerely, anything that happens alliance players take it as a slight or as a "slap in the face" really, they get to invade orgrimmar -> buaaa, you're not making it about us.
    Like when we lost our warchief, or now we have to put him down -> boooohoooo, loss of major characters (also, lorethemar also says "where is this blood coming from, uite dramatically, we have to kill Nazgrim, we lost cairne, half our heroes went bad... get some perspective)

Varyan dying would be interesting, although admitedly sad for alliance players

If it ends with an awe-inspiring Host-of-Y'Sharraj versus Wolf-God Avatar going at it like Goku vs Vegeta, I'll be satisfied.

Varian is not going to die, if he's, then Alliance won't have any good warrior left.

woot, fellow GoT fan, check out this thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ian-and-Anduin

Quote Originally Posted by Ranklune View Post
    Let's welcome Queen Proudmore being the new faction leader. For all you Game of Thrones watchers, how fun would it be if Anduin would be the new leader of the Alliance and starts acting like King Joffrey, he somehow reminds me of Joffrey when I look at the kid in-game, lol.

It would be pretty damn sudden if Varian would just die now, though.

It is entirely possible that both Varian and Jaina are part of the same sequence, and either can die.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Likely the Trials aren't over then Varian won't die. Remember that he's been built as the one will guide the entire alliance. In Wolfheart, he was the chosen of Elune in Tyrande's visions... The one the alliance needs, as Malfurion said. And Anduin is still too young to rule.

I have a theory that he'll be assumed dead, come back as Garrosh is finally seeing the error of his ways, and finally have the much teased fight with him and Jaina holds off Thrall and Vol'jin, resulting in Varian destroying the shit out of Garrosh for his crimes and taking his head back to Stormwind.

That is a fist pump moment.

Knowing Blizz he'll be crawling in a corner nearly dead and Thrall and Vol'jin will save him as he begs for his life and we retreat back to Stormwind