Questions about Demo

Hey everyone,

I just had a few questions about the Demonology spec. I've been trying to read up on it as much as I can and after doing my research before leveling I decided Destruction was the way to go. That's really the only spec I've tried out to a full extent too. I'm currently only in LFR gear but I was wondering at what tier does Demo become viable and what makes it shine possibly in play style or fun that Destruction does not? Does the DPS hold up without the UVLS and if not what keeps you playing Demo over the other specs?

I'll admit the rotation for Destruction is pretty simple and I'm a little apprehensive on trying out Demo and just sucking so I want to know what I need to do to be prepared. I think the biggest thing is just the complete overhaul of my action bars and having to relearn essentially your class at 90 but I wanted to learn this new spec before applying for Normal/Heroic raiding guilds.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Wrath182; 2013-06-20 at 02:48 PM.

Demo is definitely viable without UVLS, though of course much better with it. It's usually better on fights where you can't use the mechanics to your advantage as Destruction, e.g. to generate great amounts of embers (Horridon, Primordius). It's also quite good on fights where you can have multiple Dooms rolling (Council, Dark Animus), especially if you do have UVLS.

As a rule of thumb, Destro favors lower gear levels. If you are just getting into raiding, you should probably go for Destro until you get used to the fights and collect some gear. Then you can consider switching to Demo on fights where Destro doesn't particularly shine, and once you get UVLS you can basically split the ToT encounters between both specs as needed.

Practicing new specs is fairly easy now, luckily, thanks to LFR. You can afford to be bad there while you're learning, and the rough makeup of the fights will be the same. A great tool if you want to get better!