View Poll Results: Will you stay subbed or resub for the next Expansion?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I've enjoyed most (or all) of the expansions so far and will stay subbed for the next one.

167 52.68%
  • Yes - I've enjoyed some of the expansions and am looking forward to what is next.

59 18.61%
  • Yes - I liked MoP and am curious to see what they will do next.

64 20.19%
  • Maybe - I like MoP, but hated "X" expansion and really want to see something more exciting.

9 2.84%
  • Maybe - MoP was OK, if they made it more like "X", I would consider staying or resubbing.

16 5.05%
  • Maybe - MoP did not live up to the hype, and I really wish it had be more like "X".

22 6.94%
  • Maybe - I am unsubbed and it would take a MAJOR change in design and TONS of updates.

29 9.15%
  • No - I will unsub when I finish this expac and find something else until they PROVE themselves.

8 2.52%
  • No - I am unsubbed, and it is unlikely Blizzard will EVER make another good expansion.

21 6.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Next Expansion: Will You Stay Subbed or Re-Sub?

It's a fairly basic question, for a not-so-easy answer. Regardless of which expansions you loved, or hated, what expectations / story lines would make you stay or resub? Or, are you happy with the current model and would love to see Blizz make another expansion with the power and story of MoP? (SORRY TO NOT INCLUDE 55 DIFFERENT OPTIONS TO ENCOMPASS ALL OPINIONS)

As for myself, I am currently unsubbed, uninstalled, and even had my account locked and characters deleted as I was uninstalling. IF the next expansion is truly, beyond words amazing, I would consider repurchasing the game at its entirety and resubbing. But the story would have to be amazing, the gear would need to be outstanding (and not cheap chinese knock-offs), old models need a new look for ALL of the original 10 races (including TBC), and the story needs to be EPIC (like Sargeras, or Emerald Dream).

I want to play again, and I want to be enamored like I was in TBC. That's just me. How about you?
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-06-20 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Added answered and removed place holder for Poll.

Im subbed currently and If I still got time for raiding I will stay sub. I dont really care what the expansion is as long as it has a raid instance

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on if Wildstar is released beforehand or not. My intentions were to use Wildstar to get 'back to my roots' of playing one and only one MMO. I'm not sure I can go back to playing any game like that, but I accomplished more when I did.

With that being said, whether it's simple addiction, honest enjoyment, or just a testament to the staying power of that IP...I'm sure I will continue playing in the next expansion. I've often wondered, after reading the plethora of rage posts, I quit posts, etc how it seems so easy for people to quit WoW and just walk away. Just about everyone who posts about it claims they quit x number of years ago, have no interest in playing, and will never play again.

I just...don't believe it. It seems like there are far more people like me, who keep coming back time and time again than otherwise. At heart I'm just a fan. I love the universe, love the game, and no matter that I have ups and downs with the game, I think I'll be playing it until the last expansion launches.

I don't know whether I should pity myself or be proud of myself. In any case, I'm going to choose to just enjoy what I feel like enjoying and play what I feel like playing. 99% sure that will always include WoW.
    BAD WOLF

It's too hard to tell, this expansion didn't finish and we don't have any info about the upcoming one.

That said, I'm unsubbed for all of MoP and won't resub unless raiding rewards hardcore people more, not to start an argument in here, just to say what I want.

Deleted
    ofc ill sub i love wow

Too early for me to say for sure, but I will most likely stay subbed unless there's a really long wait between the final content of MoP and the actual release of the next expansion. I quit for about 6 months right at the end of Cataclysm because I was so sick of DS and the game in general. Cancelled my subscription about September of last year and reactivated around the end of March this year. I'd been actively raiding from early BC to the end of Cataclysm, so I was just pretty burned out and needed a break anyway. It's nice to come back to MoP as a more casual player and just log on whenever I feel like it rather than feel obligated to log on at raid times.

But yeah...likely, whatever Blizzard ends up coming up with, I will at least give it a chance even if it sounds like something I won't like. At the very least, I will level my warrior to the new level cap for sure. If I do unsub and decide I don't like the expansion, I probably won't quit until I'm at least to that point and have seen the leveling content.

Some expansions have been better than others, sure. But in my opinion, none of WoW's expansions really went wrong, and I can say they were all worth my money.

I selected: " Maybe - MoP was OK, if they made it more like "X", I would consider staying or resubbing." But I don't really want them to make the game more like some other expansion that's been released. It's important that the game evolves and keeps going forward. So hopefully they'll give us something new that makes me want to keep playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I selected: " Maybe - MoP was OK, if they made it more like "X", I would consider staying or resubbing." But I don't really want them to make the game more like some other expansion that's been released. It's important that the game evolves and keeps going forward. So hopefully they'll give us something new that makes me want to keep playing.
    I agree. I wouldn't want a Wrath or TBC clone... but I would love to see the amazing aspects of each incorporated somehow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely quit raiding in Cataclysm, but I would still consider resubbing if the next expansion has something I want to see. I've bounced in and out since I stopped raiding after Tier11 but never been around for long because I don't find the game as fun without the raiding component for which I simply don't have time anymore.

No option for No - wow just doesn't do it for me anymore. Not saying the expansions are bad, just saying I think I am WoW'ed out.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    No option for No - wow just doesn't do it for me anymore. Not saying the expansions are bad, just saying I think I am WoW'ed out.
    Guess 9 options wasn't enough... needed 10.
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-06-20 at 02:38 PM.

Will probably stay subbed and as much as I like Pandaria they over did the theme way to much I hope the next expansion brings more variety.

Deleted
    The first month to see the new story and after that time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Last option on the Poll. Is a flat out no.
    Well yeah, but it's also saying you think WoW has become crap. That's not what Vallin wants to say at all.

Personally I'll definitely stay subbed: WoW is brilliant fun and has only improved with each expansion. I honestly cannot wait for the next one, the potential for something truly epic is huge. We're building up to something massive, both in story and gameplay. A new legion invasion, flex raids, raiding in general... Just, wow. It's going to be amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I'm possibly looking to sub for 5.4 if things turn out okay during the PTR. So I don't know if I will or will not be subbed before the next expansion.
    Whether or not I sub for the next expansion depends on what the content/story and what my financial situations allow.

I'd lean towards saying I may resub for the next expansion. It all depends on how the initial story pans out and if i can get back into raiding. Flexible Raiding definitely sounds tempting given how it will be far more refined by the time of a new expansion.

I'd really like to see a burning legion or emerald dream expansion to keep me playing. As of late though, i'm only logging in once every one or two days, I guess i'm getting a little worn out of Pandaria already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Last option on the Poll. Is a flat out no.
    No the last option implies that you think wow is bad.

I won't raid as long as there is LFR, so I don't expect to raid in the next expansion. As a direct result, I will level, faceroll heroic 5-mans and then quit.

I will pay Blizzard for about 3 months ($45) instead of 2 years ($360) in subscription fees. I can use the rest of that money for buying about 6 or 7 other games. That is a brand new game every 3-4 months instead of waiting and hoping for some random lame raid from Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ill continue to play. To me its the only real game I get the most out of. Most other games ill play for maybe 6hrs or however long it takes to beat and then I have no interest in playing again.

Can't find my option :P
    Staying subbed a long as the raid is going on.
    If that dies out at the end of MoP i stop paying, and start again when next expansion comes out. Just like every other time.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away