View Poll Results: Will you stay subbed or resub for the next Expansion?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I've enjoyed most (or all) of the expansions so far and will stay subbed for the next one.

167 52.68%
  • Yes - I've enjoyed some of the expansions and am looking forward to what is next.

59 18.61%
  • Yes - I liked MoP and am curious to see what they will do next.

64 20.19%
  • Maybe - I like MoP, but hated "X" expansion and really want to see something more exciting.

9 2.84%
  • Maybe - MoP was OK, if they made it more like "X", I would consider staying or resubbing.

16 5.05%
  • Maybe - MoP did not live up to the hype, and I really wish it had be more like "X".

22 6.94%
  • Maybe - I am unsubbed and it would take a MAJOR change in design and TONS of updates.

29 9.15%
  • No - I will unsub when I finish this expac and find something else until they PROVE themselves.

8 2.52%
  • No - I am unsubbed, and it is unlikely Blizzard will EVER make another good expansion.

21 6.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll gladly resub for 5.4 to check it out, and also for the next expansion.

Deleted
    I'll re-sub and buy the expansion as always.

I'll have to actually get in and play some of the future expansion before I can really say whether or not I will remain subbed.

Probably not. I plan to drop raiding with the end of this expansion, if nothing changes in my life. Takes too much of my time, makes it so I can't do other things (in addition to my work). I've enjoyed the hell out of Mists, but I just don't have the time for it anymore. Only reason I haven't stepped back yet is my guild's still a little shaky roster-wise. If we get a consistent tank to replace me and are having to sit dps for lack of room, I'll probably end it there.

Deleted
    I am playing since server went online and i quit when the will shut them down. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I can proudly say WoW has been a delightful hobby for me for the past 9 years. I am here until the final sword breaks, the last axe falls and the last bones are crushed beneath my feet.

BRING ON THE LEGION. BRING ON THE TITANS. Hell, bring on the Zerg.

This thread doesn't make any much sense because most of the people who unsubbed from wow probably don't spend their time reading about wow on wow related pages, present party excluded, but I'm a die hard for the story and I want to see when it start getting interesting again.

So obviously the lower parts of the poll will never be as representative as they could be.

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 02:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I can proudly say WoW has been a delightful hobby for me for the past 9 years. I am here until the final sword breaks, the last axe falls and the last bones are crushed beneath my feet.

BRING ON THE LEGION. BRING ON THE TITANS. Hell, bring on the Zerg.
    Considering they made an entire expansion based on an April Fool's joke, I wouldn't put it beyond them to make an expansion based on the Zerg because of the secret Hydralisk unit hidden in one of the Night Elf missions in Warcraft 3. I can even hear people saying "that Hydralisk was a pivotal unit in the Night Elf campaign, without it Tyrande would never have survived" and somesuch nonsense.
    Last edited by KorbenDallasMultipass; 2013-06-20 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    This thread doesn't make any much sense because most of the people who unsubbed from wow probably don't spend their time reading about wow on wow related pages, present party excluded, but I'm a die hard for the story and I want to see when it start getting interesting again.

So obviously the lower parts of the poll will never be as representative as they could be.
    You would be suprised about the amount of posters that complains about MoP being worst expansion ever, unbalanced pvp etc, that actually is unsubbed and barely have played this expansion
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been subbed since vanilla, althoguh I did take a break from wow between the end of T7 to about half way through T9. (was still subbed during that time though)

I've been getting more and more hot and cold with wow, I think I'll stay until the expansion, level up and then when I inevitably get bored of LFR at 95 or w/e the cap is I might finally see about quitting - I love raiding, but don't have the time anymore, LFR is great to see the raids and get some gear, but it doesn't really keep you entertained, as there is no challenge or progression involved (which is good, too many window lickers to LFR to make it much harder without turning it into an absolute wipe fest)

I will definitely keep playing for as long as my social / work- life let's me have enough hours of sparetime to raid.

Raidbosses has only become better, harder & funnier. Becomming more challenging for each expansion.

Although I probably fit the MMO-Champions Crazy-Criteria; I like doing dailies, I like that Blizz is helping out casuals by adding LFR & Flex-Raid, and last and not least, I just plain enjoy the game, I don't need epic rewards for raiding in WoW, just need my guild-pals... Nothing more nothing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post

You're new here. It's ok. Believe it or not, there are a substantial amount of us fans of the original game who still frequent this site to follow the game and its changes. I personally unsubbed a few months ago and know others on the site who have been unsubbed several times. We keep hoping the game will improve, or revert, or SOMETHING that will make it appealing to return. Just because we no longer play, doesn't mean we never will again.

I'll stay subbed till the end of wow. Why? I love all game not just single expansion. I see all of this as a whole. For me it's not that this game "is getting worse" or "it's too easy" - it just evolving. Every single expac bring something new to the game and not everything has to be "super-huge-great" to everyone :]

Deleted
    Big question marks to me .. ever since Cata i felt the wow fun factor fell downhill more and more, and don't get me wrong if you enjoy how the panda reps works with a million Hubs to do dailys at good for you. But it's not my thing, i rather buy a tabard and farm some heroic dungeons and get the rep (see wotlk & cata systems).
    Also i don't have time to raid with guilds and progress .. so yeah i heard the fanboys coming with 'but there is LFR to see all content' , well .. I don't enjoy LFR at all, the chances of getting gear feel allot lower, the raid itself goes allot slower even then the heroic counterparts (atleast this was in DS lfr vs Ds hc) and most of the times half the raid is either so badly geared it makes you cry or so retarted they even manage to keep on wiping on dumbed down bosses..
    Then there's pvp.. 1 thing that would make me fired up is remove RBG and implement the ratings into the casual normal BG's.
    Kinda like it was in vanilla, but instead of having to fight premade vs premade just make it battleground wide. This would maybye motivate people to play a little better and do some research on how to gem / reforge etc .. cause 75 % of the people i get in my random battleground groups are so horribly bad i just instantly alt - f4 after being so much behind in the battleground winning is impossible..

Don't get me wrong i still like the game kinda, but not even close to what it used to be .... (call it nostalgia like you will)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We dont even know the name yet. It's way too soon to judge.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

the moment garrosh will drop loot for my raid i'll call the expansion closed for me and MAYBE i'll re-sub if i like the content of next xpack otherwise Time to finally move on
    this game is boring me more every day all i actually care about right now is raids

10+ Year Old Account
    I clicked the wrong button; I've enjoyed all the expansions to various degrees and will probably maintain my subscription still. Even in Cataclysm, the weakest point period for me, I was still having fun. I think Mists is great and I think Blizzard is still (generally) moving in a positive direction.

Unless the expansion is World of Elves where all character races are replaced by elves and we have to run around doing elfy things, then fuck that.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I clicked the wrong button; I've enjoyed all the expansions to various degrees and will probably maintain my subscription still. Even in Cataclysm, the weakest point period for me, I was still having fun. I think Mists is great and I think Blizzard is still (generally) moving in a positive direction.

Unless the expansion is World of Elves where all character races are replaced by elves and we have to run around doing elfy things, then fuck that.
    I feel the same way about trolls. I got so sick of seeing new Troll villages, and new troll raids, and new troll instances... I hate trolls with a fiery passion But, if they made it World of GnomeCraft, I would be resubbed in 3 seconds, pay full price for every expac, and fill up all 11 slots with gnomes. So, I suppose we all have our drawbacks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    I completely quit raiding in Cataclysm, but I would still consider resubbing if the next expansion has something I want to see. I've bounced in and out since I stopped raiding after Tier11 but never been around for long because I don't find the game as fun without the raiding component for which I simply don't have time anymore.
    Perhaps you will have the time for flex mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably quit towards the end of this expansion until about a week before the new expansion then come back. I did that before the release of MoP and it felt like WoW was a lot more refreshing after that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To see what's going on within the first era of the month and such yeah I'll fuck around then probably eventually go back to not playing again.

I've been subbed since 2004. I don't see myself unsubbing any time soon.

Even at its lowest point, Cata, when I didn't log on for more than an hour or two a week, I still got a fairly reasonable amount of entertainment out of my monthly investment.