UVLS - Primordius

Assuming your reflexes allow you to cast VT/SW:P on boss with room for a 3rd cast and you have less than 3 orbs

1) DP on boss with 2 orbs?
    2) DP on boss with 1 orb?
    3) Casacde/Halo/Mind Seer to Pad numbers?

Secondary question: Will the 100% proc rate apply to every new hop of cascade as it bounces around after Perfect Aim has run out? Easy to test out when I get home, but I am curious right now!

halo calculates damage done when it lands, not on cast, and i'm pretty sure cascade recalculates each time it bounces. if halo isn't the very first thing you cast when UVLS procs, it generally doesn't hit things near optimal range before the buff fades. on the flip side, mindsearing immediately after casting halo can proc UVLS and lead to mega damage halo.

as for primordius, i'd only cast a 2 orb DP if you were about to lose your mutated buffs.

Deleted
    DP on boss with 2 orbs
    ill do it very often when i can get this 3rd cast with uvls

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya definitely go for a 2 Orb DP if you can fit it in. The only reason 3 Orb DP's are optimal is if we were to cast 2 Orb DP's we'd have to waste more GCDs on them - the damage scaling per orb is linear, so you aren't losing damage - just GCDs in the process. It's actually possible to 2 Orb DP while running (if you aren't using Insanity) for this reason as well - the damage per cast is much higher than spamming Pain for that GCD, so it's worthwhile if it isn't losing you Insanity uptime.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

a 2 orb DP is almost always going to cost you insanity damage during mutations, and is particularly bad if your beneficials are mostly +mastery and +crit buffs as post proc mastery ticks won't get the UVLS boost and +crit buffs devalue the impact of UVLS pretty significantly. if you're just using dots on bloods, then yeah you'd probably get more out of a 2orb UVLS DP than another SWP, but i wouldn't want to screw myself out of an extra +33% insanity damage (and insanity mastery damage) on my next DP/MFI burn (which you can generally get to very quickly via SWDeathing a low health blood) if you're primarily dpsing primordius himself.

basically it all comes down to how your guild does the fight. the fact that we can almost always get a SWD orb every icd on this fight devalues sub 3 orb DPs significantly.
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-06-20 at 10:01 PM.

You shouldn't do any of the above if you have tier 2pc. You want to SWP the boss for sure and then SWP any 2 other mobs when your UVLS procs. That would be 3 SWP's critting for a full 18 seconds and sending your Shadowy Apparition queue through the roof.

You then work your way near melee (don't get so close you mug the melee with Spines) and watch your dot duration rocket past 40, 50, 60 seconds as all those queued SA's flow into the boss w/ their 65% extend chance. Enjoy your free minute of maximizing Flay Insanity.
    Last edited by greasedscotsman; 2013-06-20 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greasedscotsman View Post
    You shouldn't do any of the above if you have tier 2pc. You want to SWP the boss for sure and then SWP any 2 other mobs when your UVLS procs. That would be 3 SWP's critting for a full 18 seconds and sending your Shadowy Apparition queue through the roof.

You then work your way near melee (don't get so close you mug the melee with Spines) and watch your dot duration rocket past 40, 50, 60 seconds as all those queued SA's flow into the boss w/ their 65% extend chance. Enjoy your free minute of maximizing Flay Insanity.

Yeah, that makes sense. (I have the 4pc). I also confirmed that cascade recalculates every hop. Follow up question on SA's cause I am not 100% clear on them. Please correct me:

1) SA's proc and travel towards the target your SW:P are applied on, with a maximum 4 active (shuffling) SA's per target
    2) Any additional procs, get queued up per target
    3) If the target dies, those SA's remain in Queue, and can be unleashed against other targets?

Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. (I have the 4pc). I also confirmed that cascade recalculates every hop. Follow up question on SA's cause I am not 100% clear on them. Please correct me:

1) SA's proc and travel towards the target your SW:P are applied on, with a maximum 4 active (shuffling) SA's per target
    2) Any additional procs, get queued up per target
    3) If the target dies, those SA's remain in Queue, and can be unleashed against other targets?
    If the primary target dies and SAs are still in queue, they will go to another target. If a target dies while a SAs is walking towards it, they will start walking towards a new target. And I believe it is another target with a SW:P on it.