Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    questions for mai isn't part of the dungeon

It starts today in her jail cell and blackout cache is the WvW JP. Just get a mesmer to port.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    questions for mai isn't part of the dungeon

It starts today in her jail cell and blackout cache is the WvW JP. Just get a mesmer to port.
    There seems to be some debate as to whether or not you'll be able to talk to her if you haven't completed the dungeon. Apparently she's not in Fort Mariner yet, so I'll have to wait until later to check.

There's not automatically a mesmer at every JP to port. I was doing that Aetherblade JP for probably a couple hours last night between getting to the cache and then the diving goggles and for 90% of the time there wasn't another mesmer in sight. Plus, the last time I set foot in WvW I didn't even make it to the very first POI on the map (closest to the zone in) before getting ganked, but I'm supposed to be able to miraculously not have an issue getting to wherever Obsidian Sanctum is (and then luck upon a mesmer to port me to the top)? Doesn't seem very realistic. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    There seems to be some debate as to whether or not you'll be able to talk to her if you haven't completed the dungeon. Apparently she's not in Fort Mariner yet, so I'll have to wait until later to check.
    you should be able to do it without the dungeon, this is from that_shaman on reddit:

Yeah I just did that. The conversation was rather underwhelming.

Alright, in an effort to prove a point I made an alt to go try and do Obsidian Sanctum fully prepared to document the many ganking horrors on the way there. :P

So, first of all, it's in a different portal/area of WvW than I thought it was, so I didn't encounter the anticipated hostiles on the way there. Made it to the JP entrance, didn't see anyone at first, then saw a group of 3 people, all with red names. ;_; Much to my surprise I get a party invite from one of them. O_o I say it's my first time in there and the leader says to just follow her. "Cool," I think. Things are peachy until we get just outside of the torch room, whereby the person kills me for no reason. Awesome. Not really the ganking I was expecting, but whatever.

Drop party, res at starting WP. Make it back to the torch room, all red names everywhere, in fact, haven't seen a single person from my server so far. Someone new offers a party invite, I figure I may as well cause they can just kill me if they want to anyway. :P This person turns out to be really cool and waits for me to finish the torch room (fell in there so many times to the flame spears I had to rebind dodge >_>), arena room non-issue, get to the top and she helps me finish the cache (even died fighting the group of Aetherblades, friendly fire FTL D: ) and tells me where to go for the magnificent chest.

So, have to say I was really surprised, especially after the many horror stories I'd read of other people trying to do it. The person from the other server who helped me said it was a good day. Outside of that first, semi-sadistic killing I didn't have any issues with anyone else.

Edit: Hah. So, just went to do it on my bf's account and now there's a group of about half a dozen people camping the well. Guess I got really lucky. Apparently they're camping everywhere, people are saying in map chat they've got choke holds and can't get through. -_- Oh lord, there is just a sea of red now all from the same guild stopping anyone from going anywhere. I'm sorry, how is this achievement not PvP related?
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-07-05 at 08:34 PM.

Hahaha Lane that first part of your story sounds like you've been a victim of r..e lol. Person invites you to party, takes you the far and away dark place and yeah.. I've no idea why some people are such douchebags though. Apart from that it's the same experience I've had in the JP.

Once I got invited in a party by someone from the other server and I decided to accept it. It was a girl Mesmer and she was staying invisible being afraid to reveal herself lol. I talked to everyone from my server that was at the JP at the time to not kill her - and to my surprise no one really did haha! Some people from her server then came and we ended up dancing until..yes you guessed it douchebags came in and it became the r.pe fest we all know it to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    -snip-
    I'd try the mesmer portal. When you enter the area ask if a mesmer is there. Then go straight down through the water and wait for the portal. It will take you pretty close to the cache.

I just finished the Sky Pirates achievement. First time doing Obsidian Sanctum. It was pretty damn fun. It was weird in that some enemy players weren't there to gank but to just get through it. Fortunately I only got caught once and it was at the very end. Long puzzle though. Took a good 30 - 45 minutes but that was because of all my falling and running from enemy players while jumping. Also finally did the dungeon. Also very fun. This patch was pretty damn good.

I finally got the achievement for my bf. Zoned into OS after I thought the campers from earlier would have left and basically just waited at the entrance portal to see if any groups from my server were going together. Took about half an hour of watching tons of red names pour in from one of the adjacent portals before I saw people in map chat talking about how the other server was prepping to camp now. Awesome. :P I asked where they were and they said, "At the top, need a port?" Yay!

Turned out that a group from my server was camping the cache to keep the other two servers from camping, which was pretty damn cool.

While the experiences weren't as bad as I thought they'd be (except for the second attempt which was exactly what I expected), the JP is still very clearly PvP and I don't understand how that can be argued. Even the third time when I got a portal I was still attacked by another player who was camping near the purple crystal on my way to the cliff side.

I am glad I got to do OS, it's a fun JP, but there's no way I could honestly tell someone who is Hell bent against PvP that there's nothing to worry about in there. Depending on a lot of variables it might be terrible or it might not, but either way odds are you're going to get into it with another player someway, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Glad to see some, "It wasn't so bad after all." stories.

Think sometimes people lock themselves out of chunks of a game just out of habit or something and end up missing out!
    Sky pirates is really nice. The jumping puzzle is really tough (for me). The mini dungeon that I tried is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Glad to see some, "It wasn't so bad after all." stories.

Think sometimes people lock themselves out of chunks of a game just out of habit or something and end up missing out!
    So true. The best thing about this patch was that it showed me areas of Tyria I've never been. It was the first time I did the Metrica Jumping puzzle and it was great. Also didn't' know about some of the mini-dungeons that are out there when I was going for the Aetherblade cache achievement.

Please tell me you can still cash in the tickets for weapon sicks. I have 3 in the bank and haven't had a chance to swap them yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Please tell me you can still cash in the tickets for weapon sicks. I have 3 in the bank and haven't had a chance to swap them yet.
    Considering the vendors are still selling previous events' skins I am 99% certain you'll be good I also still have tickets (because idk what I want to do with them yet) and for them to remove the vendor this time when it's been there since Halloween or something would be highly unusual.

Guys

With the release of bazaar of the four winds, is it still possible to complete the pirate stuff?

With the release of bazaar of the four winds, is it still possible to complete the pirate stuff?
    Nope. Seems the skypirate event is over now.

Well I think you can do certain achievements still... like you get credit for killing Aetherblades in the jumping puzzle. Most of them you wouldn't be ale to do anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well I think you can do certain achievements still... like you get credit for killing Aetherblades in the jumping puzzle. Most of them you wouldn't be ale to do anymore though.
    That's a pitty...
    I like the living world but can't help I miss out on too much because I can't play every week.

Was there a new jumping puzzle that isn't there anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    That's a pitty...
    I like the living world but can't help I miss out on too much because I can't play every week.

Was there a new jumping puzzle that isn't there anymore?
    The new jumping puzzle is still there.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    The new jumping puzzle is still there.
    Thank god, they are my favourite part of the game! (alongside sylvari).
    Really feel bad I missed out on the halloween one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Thank god, they are my favourite part of the game! (alongside sylvari).
    Really feel bad I missed out on the halloween one
    Don't worry, that'll be back this year
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.