Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    Everything but Worgen can be raised from the dead, their curse prevents it. However for game purposes we can only play as human undead as they comprised most of the Forsaken forces due to the origination in the human kingdom of Lorderon.
    Even worgen can be raised by necromancers. The valkyrs just can't raise them.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    They were created by Arugal.
    and raised by the LK, cause the LK had enought power to raise them, but the Valkyrs are not strong enought to raise Worgens because of their curse

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    There is a Plague designed to kill and automatically raise Humans from the dead. That is the Plague that the Scourge wielded and that the Forsaken now wield.

But any race can be raised from the dead manually (that is: through necromancy).

So, if the Forsaken killed twenty humans in combat, they could bring in necromancers to raise them from the dead. Or they could just attack with their plague, the Humans would die and would raise from the dead shortly. If it was, say, a contingent of Night Elves, though... They would not be susceptible to the raising effects of the Plague and would have to be raised manually (by necromancers).
    That is not exactly true it would appear to be a lot more complicated.

In cata the Val'kyr appeared to only be able to raise humans, and the only way the Forsaken were able to raise the dead was via the Val'kyr. So as far as Forsaken are concerned only humans can become Forsaken.

I believe at one point either though one of their short stories or in game, it was pointed out that the Lich King was and exceptionally powerful being when it came to created undead so he could created other types of undead. Obviously, Sylvanas herself is proof of that. However, to the best of my knowledge at this point in time only humans can become intelligent undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Even worgen can be raised by necromancers. The valkyrs just can't raise them.
    Well maybe, but in that case by really strong necromancers, like Kelthuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Death Knights are not necessarily undead. Arthas became a Death Knight without dying.
    All player death knights are undead, though. They aren't the same kind of death knight as Arthas (or the orc warlock death knights that came before him).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    In cata the Val'kyr appeared to only be able to raise humans, and the only way the Forsaken were able to raise the dead was via the Val'kyr. So as far as Forsaken are concerned only humans can become Forsaken.
    That's not completely true, the Val'kyrs can raise any race, the only one that they cant ressurect are the Worgens because of their curse, we only see them raising humans because the humans are the most prominent race who the forsaken fights

Deleted
    I want an undead durid naow !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Death Knights are not necessarily undead. Arthas became a Death Knight without dying.
    I don't think we know that. Unless it has been explained elsewhere, all we know about Arthas transformation into a death knight, that we see him running off into the cold by himself and then next he is a death knight. Although at one point he cut out his own heart so he much have been dead at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Helcular is working on that little "problem".
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    I want an undead durid naow !!!!!!
    Hahahaha, it would be cool, maybe they use corrupt nature magic like the one in felwood

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 10:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Helcular is working on that little "problem".
    Stundent like mentor :P

Deleted
    Hahahaha, it would be cool, maybe they use corrupt nature magic like the one in felwood

---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 10:58 AM ----------

Stundent like mentor :P
    yea id love my bear to look all manky n shit ;p come on blizz do it, theres surely a way/..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not completely true, the Val'kyrs can raise any race, the only one that they cant ressurect are the Worgens because of their curse, we only see them raising humans because the humans are the most prominent race who the forsaken fights
    The game specifically points out that valkyrs can only raise humans. The Alliance even go so far as to start sending elves and dwarves instead of humans because of this.

Or you use them as soulless constructs.

Really, anything can be animated. You need strong necromancers only if you want them to follow more than basic commands.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    There is a Plague designed to kill and automatically raise Humans from the dead. That is the Plague that the Scourge wielded and that the Forsaken now wield.

But any race can be raised from the dead manually (that is: through necromancy).

So, if the Forsaken killed twenty humans in combat, they could bring in necromancers to raise them from the dead. Or they could just attack with their plague, the Humans would die and would raise from the dead shortly. If it was, say, a contingent of Night Elves, though... They would not be susceptible to the raising effects of the Plague and would have to be raised manually (by necromancers).
    Better have someone to dispel. :P
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

On Death Knights: Blizzard specifically stated that Death Knights who pick an "old" alive skin, are not dead. The ones that pick the sickly, dead looking skins are dead.

Ok I asked it the wrong way and allow me to rephrase.

If sylvanas is bringing her Val'kyrs to SoO to expand UD population which Garrosh forbade (granted this is her only chance since next warchief/council will turn her down for sure), should she use dead humans from ally force to maximize the outcome? Or it doesn't matter which race the Val'kyrs will use because they will all turn to the current forsaken human-like undead?

Below is a line from the in game quest Lessons in Fear:

Our enemies are becoming smarter - adapting to our tactics. Recently an attack was made upon Pyrewood Village, southwest of here. Our troops occupying the town were decimated, of course, but what made the attack especially interesting was the racial composition of the attacking force. No humans were used.

The implication is that humans are the only ones susceptible. Using the words racial composition implies multiple races non of which were human. I stand by the statement that only humans can be raised by the Val'kyr.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherForumPoster View Post
    Everything but Worgen can be raised from the dead, their curse prevents it. However for game purposes we can only play as human undead as they comprised most of the Forsaken forces due to the origination in the human kingdom of Lorderon.
    Then this would eliminate Worgen from being death knights but you can make them in game. (which when Cata was lunched I was a little miffed that blizzard allowed Worgen to become such)

Not really, as players the starting quests revealed you were dead and raised.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    On Death Knights: Blizzard specifically stated that Death Knights who pick an "old" alive skin, are not dead. The ones that pick the sickly, dead looking skins are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    Ok I asked it the wrong way and allow me to rephrase.

If sylvanas is bringing her Val'kyrs to SoO to expand UD population which Garrosh forbade (granted this is her only chance since next warchief/council will turn her down for sure), should she use dead humans from ally force to maximize the outcome? Or it doesn't matter which race the Val'kyrs will use because they will all turn to the current forsaken human-like undead?
    Naaa, i don't think she will be killed, at least not in the same way of Garrosh, if she's killed she will be killed in a Horde vs Alliance conflict, but it seens that Sylvanas try to ressurect the Garrosh army to fight with her but Lorthemar stop her, and it seens that she ask if she can ressurect the Alliance soldier and Lorthemar say that's her and the Alliance problem (So... that's a Yes do whatever you want with them)