Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BirdLady68 View Post
    Then this would eliminate Worgen from being death knights but you can make them in game. (which when Cata was lunched I was a little miffed that blizzard allowed Worgen to become such)
    See ten times:

On Death Knights: Blizzard specifically stated that Death Knights who pick an "old" alive skin, are not dead. The ones that pick the sickly, dead looking skins are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdLady68 View Post
    Then this would eliminate Worgen from being death knights but you can make them in game. (which when Cata was lunched I was a little miffed that blizzard allowed Worgen to become such)
    Also not true. The Lich King had more power then anyone or anything when it came to crafting undead. He could pretty much anything and raise anyone he wanted to. Every single Death Knight in game is personally created by the Lich King so we can't take anything wider from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Below is a line from the in game quest Lessons in Fear:

Our enemies are becoming smarter - adapting to our tactics. Recently an attack was made upon Pyrewood Village, southwest of here. Our troops occupying the town were decimated, of course, but what made the attack especially interesting was the racial composition of the attacking force. No humans were used.

The implication is that humans are the only ones susceptible. Using the words racial composition implies multiple races non of which were human. I stand by the statement that only humans can be raised by the Val'kyr.
    Ohhh, i also checked in wowwikia and it seens that is true, but well it seens that in SoO the forsaken got the possibility to rez other races that are not humans... (MAYBE), we will have to wait :S

Sorry my bad, "turn her down" meant refusing her request to raise undead using Valkyrs.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Naaa, i don't think she will be killed, at least not in the same way of Garrosh, if she's killed she will be killed in a Horde vs Alliance conflict, but it seens that Sylvanas try to ressurect the Garrosh army to fight with her but Lorthemar stop her, and it seens that she ask if she can ressurect the Alliance soldier and Lorthemar say that's her and the Alliance problem (So... that's a Yes do whatever you want with them)

Deleted
    The old Scourge could turn any living being into undead that would fight for the Lich King and would be mind controlled by him. It doesnt mean that all his forces were like this but most of them were.

The new forsaken are raise by weakened Val kir that give "free will" to those who they raise.

There is necromancy that takes the undead obey what their masters say apart from the Scourge, like death knights, troll necromances and so on. And there is another of necromancy that gives the undead free will, like the Val kir and others necromancers. It usually all up to the intentions of the one who summons the undead.

Ohhh, i also checked in wowwikia and it seens that is true, but well it seens that in SoO the forsaken got the possibility to rez other races that are not humans... (MAYBE), we will have to wait :S
    Maybe they were not sitting on their asses entire time and actualy recruited more esential scourge forces.

What could be happening based on what we know about the current undead, is that Sylvanas's banshee's could be possessing the dead bodies of blood elves for some purpose or another which Lor'Thormar objects to.

It seems like people are arguing two different sets of semantics here and they are getting confuzzled. All Forsaken are undead, but not all undead are Forsaken. Being part of the Forsaken has a very specific distinction from simply being undead, that being maintaining their will and at least some semblance of their identity from when they were human.

“from when they were human”

So to become a forsaken, you must be a human when alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    It seems like people are arguing two different sets of semantics here and they are getting confuzzled. All Forsaken are undead, but not all undead are Forsaken. Being part of the Forsaken has a very specific distinction from simply being undead, that being maintaining their will and at least some semblance of their identity from when they were human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Maybe they were not sitting on their asses entire time and actualy recruited more esential scourge forces.
    Oh what I'd give to see the Forsaken come flying in with their newly refurbished Naxxramas.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Oh what I'd give to see the Forsaken come flying in with their newly refurbished Naxxramas.
    What happened to the scourge building summoning anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    They were created by Arugal.
    Actually that's not true. If you ever get the chance to read the "Curse of the Worgen" comic, you learn that Arugal summoned the worgen from a different dimension. He didn't actually create them.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    “from when they were human”

So to become a forsaken, you must be a human when alive?
    I'm not certain about that. My point was: undead = mindless zombie, Forsaken = non-mindless zombie. For quite some time Sylvanas had no way of creating undead so at least the majority of her ranks had to be human as they were the largest population of Lordaeron when the Scourge came.

Ugh so much misinformation here. Yes anyone can be raised from the dead "BUT" the Val'kyr were originally designed to raise (or ascend ) vrykul. The lich kings power gave some of the more powerful Val'kyr the ability to raise other races as well. After the lich king died the Val'kyr lost this power boost and thus can only raise vrykul (and in respects, humans) from the dead. This is the reason that crowley gets the people of Hillsbrad to go worgen as they are essentially not human and thus cannot be raised, as well as it's the reason why non-human soldiers were deployed by the alliance into silverpine. (Elves, dwarves, gnomes, etc) When sylvanas had to be raised (again) it took 3 powerful Val'kyr to pool their powers and ended up destroying them in the process. Why? Cause she was an elf, not human/vrykul.

So! Any one can be raised by necromancers/liches/The lich king

but now only humans/vrykul can be raised by the Val'kyr

WC3 had Undead Orcs
    ICC - Blood Wing is full of Undead Elves
    Zul Farrak is full of Undead Trolls

The Foresaken =/= The Undead

They are a faction that broke off from the Scourge and are comprised of the dead from Lordaeron (who were humans)

In essence, the Forsaken are all undead humans, but humans are by no means the only thing that can come back.

This is why I feel like the forsaken was made as a filler race to even out the races with both factions. I think blizz , metzen and the devs ignore this and look past it cause it would require a lot of work on there part. The forsaken if wanted could be its own faction. During the icc dungeons we see dwarven and elvish spirits etc. Back during warcraft 3 humans weren't the only ones that fell to the scrouge. It was said that even the elves that fell at silvermoon help to increase the ranks in the scourge. Imagine if you could be forsaken but instead of a human model , have an troll model instead or an orc? So far we see Sylvannas as the only elf model other then the dk's and the npc banshee spirits.

Also like right now we have the dark irons on our side yet we can't make a dark iron dwarf to play.

so many ppl correcting me about undead =/= forsaken.
    I know the difference and I apologize for the confusion I caused. But I've calling forsaken race undead since day one and I believe no one in wow (say in a bg) will type "forsaken rogue spotted in the flag room" we all call them undead and you know it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    WC3 had Undead Orcs
    ICC - Blood Wing is full of Undead Elves
    Zul Farrak is full of Undead Trolls

They are a faction that broke off from the Scourge and are comprised of the dead from Lordaeron (who were humans)

In essence, the Forsaken are all undead humans, but humans are by no means the only thing that can come back.
    Mostly this, however not exactly true.

Forsaken, as their name suggests are scourge free from their masters grip, what happened back in W3TFT, when the lich king was under the attack by the Illidan forces and was loosing his might and control over his own undead minions.

Sylwanas, as a "higher level" undead brought back to life by Arthas (avatar of the Lich King himself) was one of the first undead to regain her free will.

However, the Scourge in Loarderon, were not only humans at that time. The Plague was meant to turn humans into mindless zombies, yes, but many of the scourge minions were also raised from the high elves when the siege of Silvermoon took place. There was even a quote on one mission, if I remember correctly, that says "How can we stop them? for every one we kill 10 of OURS fallen warriors raise in their place" or something like that, said to the Sylvanas when they were defending their city.
    So, nowadays Forsaken are, imho a composition of human/elves origins. However only Lich King was free in "what do i can bring back to life, I wonder" and Arthas as a avatar of the Lich King was also limitless in that matter. With them gone, gone is the power to raise "anything" as an undead who can have a free will.
    Sylvanas herself can't raise anything, and she's using for that Valkyries who however can't raise, with free will, anything but humans and Vrykul.

So, considering that FORMER forsaken were of human/elves origin, now the new forsaken can be brought to life only from humans/vrykuls (there is even an quest in MoP, while playing an undead that shows Your "ancestors", only humans/vrykul are shown there, and as an undead who was brought back to life AFTER the events of W3 the frozen throne, it imho, clearly shows that forsaken can only be made now from those "corpse sources")

On a side note, as many stated already, ANYTHING can be brought back to life (anything but worgens i assume), yet those brought back to life won't be a part of forsaken as they won't have their free will, and they will be bound to whomever they would call their master. And most probably, when their master (call it necromancer woo hoo) dies, they are decimated as a power that granted them undeath is gone(or maybe not, but they'll remain mindless either way).

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    so many ppl correcting me about undead =/= forsaken.
    I know the difference and I apologize for the confusion I caused. But I've calling forsaken race undead since day one and I believe no one in wow (say in a bg) will type "forsaken rogue spotted in the flag room" we all call them undead and you know it.
    Thats true, I know I say "undead" instead of Forsaken. Its just bound to cause confusion in a conversation like this if the distinction isn't made.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Actually...Forsaken = Undead, there's not even room for doubt.

I think what we should be saying to clarify is:

All Forsaken are undead, but not all Undead are Forsaken.