Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what I've seen of him, I think Wrathion could easily become like a benevolent dictator - he thinks he's a good leader/hero/whatever, but has tendencies towards unilaterality and totalitarianism that could lead him to make decisions with terrible implications for life on Azeroth. I don't think he'd hesitate to extinguish all life on Azeroth, including himself, if he thought it would be the right thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    No one ever said that being "good" is bad for a character. However, the majority thinks that not being good equals being a target for the "hero". In other words, there is nothing bad or good here, only shallow and narrow minded cliche.
    Being a hero doesn't mean shallow or narrow minded. Not even a cliche. Some are just heroes. Also they just personally think he's bad. And well he has a darkness to him that's fine. I think he's interesting enough to want to know what he is up to. We obviously wouldn't get along with him if there was a modern version of him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    He's a black dragon. When was it ever a good idea to trust a black dragon.
    Before Neltharion started listening to the whispers?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    Based on what I've seen of him, I think Wrathion could easily become like a benevolent dictator - he thinks he's a good leader/hero/whatever, but has tendencies towards unilaterality and totalitarianism that could lead him to make decisions with terrible implications for life on Azeroth. I don't think he'd hesitate to extinguish all life on Azeroth, including himself, if he thought it would be the right thing to do.
    Sounds like Malygos all over again, he only wanted the best for the world too, by preventing the misuse of magic that led the Legion to Azeroth before.

From a Rogue perspective, he has his dark moments... check out the rogue questline for Fangs of the Father legendaries and you'll see what i mean, he told his servant to break the red dragon's legs, and at the end of the chain... all the dead dragons around and stuff... idk... would like to see where this goes

Has anyone here ever watched the anime, The Slayers? I always took/wanted to see Wrathion turn out to be like the character in that named Xellos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xellos

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's Chaotic Evil, not Chaotic Neutral. It also really doesn't fit Wrathion, he's far from indiscriminately destroying everything in his way.
    He seems to revel in the destruction sometimes, but not for his own gain. He honestly doesn't seem to care who or what wins sometimes, as long as it burns. That's generally Chaotic Neutral. Like, for instance, the whole 5.1 time when we were tasked with killing opposing faction NPCs for him. If you assume that he's only working with you, he's chaotic good at best, but when you think that he may be aiding someone from the opposite faction as well, telling them to kill your faction, he's not really "evil" because he's not picking a side. He just wants destruction.

My point is, he isn't cut and dry a lot of the time. I'm not a fan of just how much his personalities vary though.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2013-06-21 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you would trust Wrathion with your newborn child? i wouldn't. and that says soemthing.
    Hi

To the OP of this thread, I'm guessing you've watched Code Geass (making that assumption from your avatar) and I could honestly imagine him pulling the same stunt as Lelouch, the two are kinda similar as well.

Villain+ Anti= Anti-Villain

Your Well-meant Extremist, your Tragic Villains, your Nobel Villains, and your Villain-only-cause-he-opposes-the-hero. Those are Anti-Villains.

Your Nineties Anti-heroes, your gruff-but-good heroes, your I-did-what-I-had-to-do heroes, your tragic heroes. Those are Anti-Heroes.

Anti-Hero: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiHero
    Flavors of Anti-Hero: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Analysis/AntiHero
    Anti-Villain: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AntiVillain
    Flavors of Anti-Villain: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...OfAntiVillains

Just for fun-
    Nineties Anti-Hero: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...netiesAntiHero

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 04:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    How many of you would trust Wrathion with your newborn child? i wouldn't. and that says soemthing.
    Don't trust him with your kid because he's a less mature version of Anduin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eigon88 View Post
    Wrathion is Batman
    "Because he's the hero that Azeroth deserves, but not the one it needs right now
    And so we'll hunt him...
    Because he can take it...
    Because he's not a hero...
    He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...
    The Dark Flight".
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-06-21 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    He's literally the first black dragon in 10,000 years not to be inherently evil. It'd be nice if he wasn't evil.
    Wrong.. Blizzard have never stated, that Wrathion isn't evil.. Nor have they stated he is evil..
    The only thing, Blizzard have stated, is, Wrathion is the only black dragon (known to exist) who isn't corrupted/insane..

For all we know, he can be more evil that DW, without the underlying corruption/insanity, which would make him even more dangerous..

IMO, no black dragons are good. A few a neutral, most are evil...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I've always felt Wrathion has a secret. I've never trusted him (though, I've made my characters put his third eye on their heads...). I even once tweeted Dave Kosak saying "I don't trust this Wrathion fellow", which he retweeted. He assured followers on Twitter, however, that Wrathion DOES have Azeroth's best interest at heart. But that whelp is up to something. He has a secret we SHOULDN'T know, but it would be for the betterment of Azeroth, no matter how dark that secret is.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    But he gave me legendary gem(s)

I hope he doesn't turn evil, but i'd rip his tiny heart out for an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without gong into faction-bashing, any character who aides BOTH Horde and Alliance, can never be a good guy..

Especially when he claims "Rest assured, my loyalty lies with your <insert your favorite faction>"...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Gameplay and Story segregation. He only aids a single champion in lore, but everybody can take the quest in the game.
    Because, frankly, can you imagine the whining if only a single player could do the questline? Or even just a single player per server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    He seems to revel in the destruction sometimes, but not for his own gain. He honestly doesn't seem to care who or what wins sometimes, as long as it burns. That's generally Chaotic Neutral. Like, for instance, the whole 5.1 time when we were tasked with killing opposing faction NPCs for him. If you assume that he's only working with you, he's chaotic good at best, but when you think that he may be aiding someone from the opposite faction as well, telling them to kill your faction, he's not really "evil" because he's not picking a side. He just wants destruction.

My point is, he isn't cut and dry a lot of the time. I'm not a fan of just how much his personalities vary though.
    Destroying stuff at random isn't neutral. It's chaotic because it's random, and it's evil because it's destruction for it's own sake.

But it's also not what Wrathion does. For one, he actually gives you a reason why he wants you to fight, and two, you're the only guy he sends out. So it's neither random, nor is it destruction for the sake of destruction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    No, i wouldn't trust a two year old with a newborn child. Though him being a black dragon has little to do with that.

But he gives us the legendaries!
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    This asshole charged me 10k for gem, he did nothing to create. Im gonna have his skin for that one.

He is totally good. Just look at him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Has anyone here ever watched the anime, The Slayers? I always took/wanted to see Wrathion turn out to be like the character in that named Xellos http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xellos
    Himitsu desu~

Wrathion is totally not a Xelloss. Xellos was craftier, but in the end clearly willing to do whatever Greater Beast Zelas Metallium required - he served an evil demon. He was a willing agent of evil and his assistance in destroying other great evils was pretty much coincidental. I think Wrathion actually thinks he's a good guy, but I expect him to do some pretty bad stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss