10+ Year Old Account

Solo Farming on Isle of Giants

Yo Yo havn't posted here in awhile but I found a neat little trick for kiting on isle of giants

you can use an elixer of water walking and kite the devilsaurs/direhorns around the island on the water. normally the island is too crowded to kite on, but using the water gives you plenty of space

I am using this to farm eggs now since i have nobody to help me atm, just thought i'd mention this to any hunter having trouble with this

An easy way to solo the big devilsaurs (which drop like 40+ bones each) is to use the glyph of distracting shot.

Works best by the cave where the quest giver is. Park your pet a little ways into the cave, aout 30-40 yards, then pull one of the big guys up the hill above the cave. Stand at the crest of the hill and use distracting shot. The devilsaur will aggro on your pet for 5 seconds, which isn't enough time to reach it, and then re-aggro onto you and start climbing the hill again. Fire distracting shot again before it gets to melee range. Rinse, repeat and the devilsaur just bounces back and forth between you and your pet, never hitting anything. Just make sure you fire the shot when standing near the crest of the hill. The idea is your pet is below you, keeping it in range of the distracting shot effect. Eventually you will learn to time it and keep it at the correct range so you don't get hit by too many of its AOE. You can eat about 3 in a row (make sure you have spirit bond), just make sure every one doesn't hit you.

Got my white raptor fast doing this, and tank and spanking the small devilsaurs while waiting on the respawn. You can kill about 5 small ones between the respawn. You get about 100 bones every 10-15min. Fire up Netflix or some podcasts and get 'er done.
    Last edited by bendak; 2013-06-24 at 12:49 AM.

You can just tank them (both the big devilsaurs and direhorns) with a tenacity turtle/beatle with mending + animal bond glyphs and spirit bond. No need to kite them.

Quote Originally Posted by aarjun View Post
    You can just tank them (both the big devilsaurs and direhorns) with a tenacity turtle/beatle with mending + animal bond glyphs and spirit bond. No need to kite them.
    Were the big devilsaurs nerfed recently? It's been around a month since I killed them, but they used to 2 or 3 shot my tenacity pet which is why I did the distracting shot thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Yo Yo havn't posted here in awhile but I found a neat little trick for kiting on isle of giants

you can use an elixer of water walking and kite the devilsaurs/direhorns around the island on the water. normally the island is too crowded to kite on, but using the water gives you plenty of space

I am using this to farm eggs now since i have nobody to help me atm, just thought i'd mention this to any hunter having trouble with this
    The angler Fishing Raft is a better approach in my opinion, since it's re-usable however in 5.3 they stealth nerfed it to no longer be usable in combat so if you do get hit, make sure to have some water walking pots handy.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Were the big devilsaurs nerfed recently? It's been around a month since I killed them, but they used to 2 or 3 shot my tenacity pet which is why I did the distracting shot thing.
    spirit bond/mend pet both scale with pet health, so gear is important for pet survivability

anyway devilsaur will surely drop a bit more bones, but any of them is a viable option (~33 bones against ~40) and won't take much more time to farm (direhorns are also everywhere, i find them easier to farm)
    Last edited by S7orm; 2013-06-24 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    I farm them as a bear tank. takes ages unless you bring a dps..but hunters are OP

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Not that I know of. I've been farming them since I was in iLvL520 gear a couple months ago. The only thing I couldn't do was tank the big devilsaurs back to back...have to let the bleed stacks fall off.

I farmed mine with a spirit beast as tank spec. The smalls and mediums were cake. Glyph Mending and you're fine.