Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    They still do more damage + have raid utility.
    Even on movement heavy fights.
    How do you know this? Its not even live yet and hasn't had any real world testing to compare. Remember that its not just a passive they get, its a talent choice that they might not even have every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Maybe I shouldn't have used "Patchwerk" in my title or anywhere in the post itself, because I did not mean a full Patchwerk encounter, but rather the periods of every fight where you can stand still and nuke.
    still no as then it would become awkard just think, you could end up wiht all ur procs lining up wiht ionization on jin rock hc or even the storm on normal

More Patchwerk DPS? No. More DPS? Sure.

short answer NO ..also we should not get any dps penalty for having a good mobility !

Deleted
    I want a dps-buff if I'm moving. The more I move the more DPS.
    So that hunters can't stand still if they wanna top the meters.
    That would be real fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I've tasted the glory of unlimited movement, it would be impossible for me to go back to the old ways. It'd take me weeks to learn to stutter-step again.

Similar to the removal of the dead-zone. Once you open that door, you can't really go back to the way things used to be. The backlash would be too severe.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    What specifically would you like to see changed? Buffs to the damage of Cobra and Steady, but the movement removed? Snares on Cobra and Steady? More damage in Serpent Sting so that you have more passive damage while you move without casting? Something else entirely?
    Kill Command/Explosive/Chimera buffs wouldn't exactly upset me too much. They're on a 6 sec CD (Chimera might be longer? I don't remember) so it's not like we could spam them unless we get a LnL proc which could happen standing still, too, so that's kind of a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirain45 View Post
    Bring fox back please
    signed. Added a skill requirement to the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Snickerdoodlez View Post
    Not much of a requirement. In PVE, you anticipated movement and pooled focus. In PVP, you macroed Fox into Steady/Cobra and Hawk into everything else and won by annoying your opponents with screeches until they forfeited.

10+ Year Old Account
    What skill is that? Pressing a button every time you moved? That's not skill. It's annoyance. That's not even factoring in the whole "Fox macro'd into Cobra" scenario that became the norm for PvP.

Deleted
    There is certainly a major concern of the skill cap for our class being eroded. That is my only worry currently.

Our DPS is very competitive, but it was a very easy class to play, and is being made even easier over time.

Quote Originally Posted by knajf83 View Post
    Would you accept less mobility for higher Patchwerk dps ? No.

Most probably for personal reasons, cause i just love tears of priests and other classes that cant do thing while moving. I feed on those tears, they are dericious.

On the other hand tho: with fox aspect removed, i feel like hunter is a class that everyone can play now and do just fine. I would like to see fox aspect back in the same or redesigned form. I cant say i dont like new mobility that makes us most mobile class ever, but still - aspect of fox was abit like filter, to see who is able to swap it and make most profit of it, and who couldnt. Like filtering good / bad.

PS: Those tears.
    lol switching aspects really wasn't hard, and you only weren't able to move with cobra shot anyways...

Pretty sure you were able to macro fox aspect into cobra shot if you really wanted to make it faceroll, granted youd lose some dps, not as much now though since hawk didn't give as much ap as it does now.

I would if they revert back to wrath hunters with mana, that way I wouldn't have to rely on a stupid cast to manage my regen.

Considering I played my hunter when stutter stepping was a thing and hunters were top dogs of dps, I'd be more than happy to return to that... The ability to keep 95%+ dps whilst moving was what seperated you from others. Hunters feel rather dull to play these days(although energy might be part of that problem)

I would gladly accept Mage/Warlock levels of movement capability to match them in damage. Absolutely without a doubt.

I wouldn't choose to lose the mobility for a damage buff, I'd just like to have fights that require more movement from dps. As it stands few fights really have long term movement in them. Looking at this tier the only fights where I feel there is sustained movement plus opportunity to dps is Durumu and Lei-Shen. Even with these examples, well played raiders can diminish their reduced damage during them. Also I'm not even really calling for fights that punish ranged dps, just would be nice to see fights again that make the raid say, glad we have a hunter. Kiting the the occasional add for example comes to mind, other ranged can do this but hunter do it very well imo. If you're gonna give a class a special trait, why not let them show it off more than once every other tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    They can still use their filler spells while mobile (the most important thing) and still bring more raid utility and substantially higher DPS.
    Well, that is true for affliction locks, the other two specs would be fine without it, but for affliction not being able to cast malefic grasp during movement would "destroy" the dps, unless they reworked how dots work atm.
    They could however, shift dmg from MG to the dots, but it would probably be to powerfull for pvp

Deleted
    Aspect dancing in general was not fun. bad design.
    We need compete remake, NOT some abilities back. Want minimal range 5y as well?
    Aspects should be removed at all - they must make cheetah and pack as cds, NOT aspects - noone will use them anyway, if they must loose 25% ap for that.
    Same goes for fox - 25% attack power is too much to loose - aspect of the hawk must be passive and other aspects remake as cds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our mage keeps trying to tell me that no how much they nerf hunters it'll still be fine because we can cast on the move. Yeah, sure. Whatever. -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    No I love my hunter because he is mobile. Having said that we still need a dmg buff. It is possible to have your cake and eat it to.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.