Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Beware, blizzard banning for farming

    So I got banned permanently yesterday for the "bot" reason. So, since I wasn't botting, I of course filed an appeal which was subsequently denied, filed another one, got denied again and then filed with a supervisor who also denied restoring my account saying that they "saw" me using a bot.

    I was farming for the blacksmithing catch up quest because I didn't want to spend the approximately 60k gold it would have taken to complete it via the AH. So hours of sitting in front of a computer playing this game legitimately is apparently cause for immediate and permanent ban. GG blizzard you just lost a customer to your bullshit because I'm not buying this game again only to get banned for playing.

  2. #2
    Merely a Setback Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    30,895
    So...you posted this here because? Secondly, you didn't really prove you are *innocent* either.
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    AFK in Lunarfall
    Posts
    5,151
    Threads like this come up all the time. There's something you're not telling us.

    Keep appealing, or good riddance to a botter.
    New Signature in development. Legion Windwalker is a garbage class that I no longer wish to play.
    Blackrock Foundry was probably the best part of WOD, but that's really just a blackhanded compliment.

  4. #4
    To me, sounds like there is more to this story than you are saying.

  5. #5
    If what you say is true, I find it incredibly ironic considering actual bots don't get banned as frequently as people who "were just farming".

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-20 at 07:10 PM ----------

    Anyway, I'd check to make sure you weren't hacked. Comp scan, password reset, secret question reset if you can and then go for the "I was hacked if you saw me botting" defense.

    Fnatic pls

  6. #6
    Titan Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    12,271
    Everytime we see something like this there always something missing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    TL;DR: Did raiding kill WoW? Nope. But catering the game to people who clearly shouldn't be playing it did.

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    46,297
    I doubt you got banned for farming; I just farmed up a little over 300 Ghost Iron Ore yesterday myself quite quickly on a level 88 to divvy up between my BS and my transmute master...

    ...no ban. I suspect you really were botting.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaArlee

  8. #8
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    311
    Sounds like you were moving like a bot and people reported you a GM was called in and catch you in the act and there info/data showed a clear Bot to them, and they turned down your appeal and denied restoring the account. Sorry man end of story your toons days are over and no one here can help you! The Account is gone whatever you did look like a issue to Blizzard we don't have the data Blizzard got on you and we know they are really careful at banning people.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    POTATOES!
    Posts
    6,117
    Why do people who BOT try to justify it to themselves after being banned by lying to themselves and others?
    Angels and Airwaves
    Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer - Nightblade - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Undead - Mage - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  10. #10
    No you are not innocent. No one here is innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "Ghostbusters" It's really not a bad movie.

  11. #11
    Fluffy Kitten Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    15,709
    *rubs beard*

    Some pieces is missing in this puzzle. You wouldn't get banned for farming just like that, unless you were botting (Quite easy to see a pattern). But if you filled a correct appeal, then they would fix it if all pieces were on the table. A perma-ban is quite a high thing, they wouldn't do it unless it's really needed.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Just because there isn't a cookie you like doesn't mean there is no cookies (Content discussion)
    Three expansions in dust; Cata: 1-2 hrs, MoP: 40-60 min, WoD: 60 min (own experience).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    No you are not innocent. No one here is innocent.
    How dare you spread the truth.

  13. #13
    First of all even if you were botting you wouldn't get perma banned for the first offense.
    So tell us the real story bro.
    https://i.redditmedia.com/P8UE8DAGeB...c1ef120404fdbd
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    This term isn't far off, though it would need the word "scientific" in front of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Pancaspe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,672
    Dear Botter,

    Did you know every inmate in prison is innocent too!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

  15. #15
    I farm heavily, on high pop us servers cause I gate paying for mats if I can do it myself. I filled my entire bank and bags and was never banned. just cause you're at your computer the whole time doesnt mean you're not ot running a bot. if they caught you, can't really blame them

  16. #16
    Bot less win more, Just like listening to the folks in prison 99% of them say they are innocent. you believe them as well? Good job on Blizzards part to catch the folks that cheat and use bots

  17. #17
    For blizzard to ban someone for botting and then denying their appeals it takes a lot of "effort". Enjoy your ban bot!

  18. #18
    Aka "I'm not going to show my innocence or anything like that, therefore I will come to MMO Champ and blame Blizzard for my faults like most of my generation does."

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I doubt you got banned for farming; I just farmed up a little over 300 Ghost Iron Ore yesterday myself quite quickly on a level 88 to divvy up between my BS and my transmute master...

    ...no ban. I suspect you really were botting.

    I have never seen a ban in 9 years of playing and i farm the living hell out of ore and herbs sometimes. And with the rampant bots still out there i am 100% sure they have a truckload of evidence before they take the hammer and hit the ban nail on the botter.

  20. #20
    I was farming at lion's landing for almost good 5 hours, Hell it's the only place i know to get woolcloth for my tailoring profession. Yes, a gm actually whispered me and thought i was a botting farming.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •