Thread: Feral's Cyclone

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Oh so explain why since season one Mages never got a nerf bat like feral will be getting now tell me that how isthat fair, blizzard needs to work on other classes rather then druids who are fine, aka disc priest ele shemmy ench shammy warriors and mages thsoe are the main problems,

Also we wont be able to hardcast cyclone cause we will get trained hard so how will we be able to put ut any cc?
    Don't get trained? You're playing a stealth class. You should be falling over if you've got 2 Mages on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    a massive kick in the nuts to Ferals, serioulsy 20s CD was already stupid, now who will take a Feral into arena over a rog or even any other melee?

so basicly they want Ferals to hardcast cyclone now? good luck with that especially if a rog/dk sitting on you, you might be able to get 1 cyclone off every use of Bash, Not QQing or anything i dont play Feral anymore, my main is Monk now and i only play druid if my guild needs a tank or Resto druid for RBGs.

but i wanted to go back to my feral in 5.4, i guess that wont happen now.

Note that nature Swiftness is also gone, its only for resto druids now.

EDIT: just to add something, ferals didnt need this nerf much 20s CD was plenty of a nerf, one class that needs a CC balance right now is definetly a dicp priest. And they need to look at monk cc more closely, monk literally have no cc iutside ring/leg sweep
    Last edited by Shifthappens; 2013-06-22 at 05:15 AM.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    ladies..
    Im playing feral as main.

The nerf is not gonna go through. dont worry.
    It will destroy the class completly!
    7 years as feral. I've never seen anything crazy as this gone through to the live servers!
    So please chillout! PTR is for testing possibilities of changes which will be adjusted once in a while.

I can imagine cyclone being adjusted further so that it will be a short casting time in catform while running - Lets say 1 sec cast with PS.
    It can still be grounded and windsheared/pummeled if the oponent is born with just a little bit of brain.

Annoying indeed.

Not the cyclone nerf itself. Cyclone may be or may be not too OP - depends on your point of view.

What is annoying is that I don't see any buffs to compensate this nerf.
    Cats have really poor survivability in pvp. Stay in cat form and you will die in few seconds. Shift into bear and you'll lose 90% of your dps.
    Instant cyclone allowed ferals to dps and stay alive in the same time. Just for few seconds every 30 seconds, but if used smart in conjunction with other techniques it was pretty much enough to keep us alive.
    You can't dps because they'll thrash you in seconds, you can't cast cyclone because you'll get stunned out of form and eaten alive, all you can do is stay in bear form just to make your death a little bit slower and more painful.

I can't even imagine feral pvp without cyclone on high ratings. They'll have to double cat survivability to make it at least somewhat viable. And I don't like it either because instead of being smart and using proper skills in proper times you'll have to rely on some passive buff.
    Without cyclone it's like losing half of the gameplay.

Well, it's not that bad. Maybe they'll buff dps instead and cat dps will become at least somewhat competitive in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    This wil ldestroy feral if thsi go's live, feral was balanced no nerf needed perhaps for cyclone to be able to be dispelled that cna do but if they do this i will delete my druid..
    You're deluded if you actually think that.

The only thing as ridiculous as ferals in 5.3 were hunters, and even that is debatable.

Deleted
    The amount of control/annoyance/cc that instant cyclones brough was absolutely rediculous. I am honestly glad they got rid of it and will be focussing on crowd control which can actually be warded against/prevented.
    Now do this for other classes with instant cc (lolpriest) and pvp might actually become fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    The amount of control/annoyance/cc that instant cyclones brough was absolutely rediculous. I am honestly glad they got rid of it and will be focussing on crowd control which can actually be warded against/prevented.
    Now do this for other classes with instant cc (lolpriest) and pvp might actually become fun again.
    Yes, i'd be fine if they did this to all other classes instant CC and allow cyclone to be cast in form (and make it so that the PS buff will allow you to cast it while moving in form).

Deleted
    This change is great tbh... finally i could peel again.

Hey that's fine, get rid of our instant CC ability.

Cause... it's instant cast. And that's not fair.

Oh wait, while they're at it, get rid of Hammer of Justice being instant cast. Leg sweep being instant cast. That frost stun thing mages have that's instant cast, shadowfury (I think it's called) that warlocks have that's instant cast.

Truthfully, I'm fine with them making changes to the game. But don't come in here and say it needs to be nerfed becasue it's instant cast where there are MANY CC/stun abilities other classes have that are instant case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Least they could do is make it castable in Cat Form, perhaps while moving. Not to mention the range should probably receive a slight increase, as 20 yards is pretty shitty if you're in melee range on one target, trying to hardcast CC another one.

Oh well, at least it doesn't have a CD anymore. Funny how the complaining part of the community always gets what it wants though.

Oh btw, saying that this will destroy Feral is absolutely ridiculous. It'll make it a bit harder to get Cyclones off yes, but when done right you might actually be able to use Cyclone more often than you did before, at the loss of some damage naturally though.
    Last edited by Balduvian; 2013-06-23 at 10:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuhok View Post
    Hey that's fine, get rid of our instant CC ability.

Cause... it's instant cast. And that's not fair.

Oh wait, while they're at it, get rid of Hammer of Justice being instant cast. Leg sweep being instant cast. That frost stun thing mages have that's instant cast, shadowfury (I think it's called) that warlocks have that's instant cast.

Truthfully, I'm fine with them making changes to the game. But don't come in here and say it needs to be nerfed becasue it's instant cast where there are MANY CC/stun abilities other classes have that are instant case.
    only you can dispell HoJ, leg sweep is melee range, (if that frost stun thing is deep freeze) you can dispell deep freeze, shadowfury is only 3 secs and is on a longer cooldown. above all, these are stuns so you can actually be healed through them.

its not JUST about the instant cast. its the combination of everything that makes it so OP. also you still have mighty bash/treant stun which are both instant and on a <1min cd.
    Last edited by mmoc1fd5dd6e8c; 2013-06-23 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ongu01 View Post
    only you can dispell HoJ, leg sweep is melee range, (if that frost stun thing is deep freeze) you can dispell deep freeze, shadowfury is only 3 secs and is on a longer cooldown. above all, these are stuns so you can actually be healed through them.

its not JUST about the instant cast. its the combination of everything that makes it so OP. also you still have mighty bash/treant stun which are both instant and on a <1min cd.
    Because dispelling Predatory Swiftness is hard.

Also, not sure if you meant you can have BOTH mighty bash and treants, but you can't. Not to mention Treants will no longer stun but instead use root, which means Feral won't have any reason whatsoever to ever take it in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian View Post
    Because dispelling Predatory Swiftness is hard.

Also, not sure if you meant you can have BOTH mighty bash and treants, but you can't. Not to mention Treants will no longer stun but instead use root, which means Feral won't have any reason whatsoever to ever take it in PvP.
    You can have treants and bash, they're not on the same tier; you just give up the entirety of your burst for treants instead, or you would except that you're right and they will cast roots in 5.4 and be completely worthless again.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I was enjoying the game again as I geared up my Feral in anticipation to PvP on him as my main DPS PvP toon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    You can have treants and bash, they're not on the same tier; you just give up the entirety of your burst for treants instead, or you would except that you're right and they will cast roots in 5.4 and be completely worthless again.
    Well yea, you 'can' have both, it's just ridiculously stupid. You either go for Bash + Incarnation or Force of Nature + Roar, with the first option being a lot better in practice for most people/setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    And here I was enjoying the game again as I geared up my Feral in anticipation to PvP on him as my main DPS PvP toon.
    Because playing this game for fun is retarded. Honestly, I couldn't care less in what state Feral is, as long as it's fun. They can nerf Feral back to where they came from some months and some years ago, but the mechanics and gameplay are what's keeping me there. As long as those basics remain the way they are, nerf the shit out of Feral and you wouldn't see me cry. Not to mention, if the changes go live, not THAT much would change. After all, the CD is removed too, and Feral would still be more than viable in the right hands.

In other words; with this kind of attitude you're probably not playing the right spec/class anyway.

Well yea, you 'can' have both, it's just ridiculously stupid. You either go for Bash + Incarnation or Force of Nature + Roar, with the first option being a lot better in practice for most people/setup.
    Um no, top rated ferals like yipz were using both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can imagine people will bitch about trent stun into a clone, into another clone, into another clone into another trent stun, into a knock back or a disorient. CALLING IT FIRST.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    I can imagine people will bitch about trent stun into a clone, into another clone, into another clone into another trent stun, into a knock back or a disorient. CALLING IT FIRST.
    You have a strong imagination since treant stun is gone and triple cyclone on a target, especially for a feral, is a bonehead maneuver.
    Last edited by Kojo; 2013-06-24 at 01:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    Um no, top rated ferals like yipz were using both.
    Congrats to him. It's still ridiculously stupid.

I like how people always thinks being a 'top player' equals being intelligent or making the right choices. If you want to get somewhere, you shouldn't just blindly copy or agree with anyone or anything.

Congrats to him. It's still ridiculously stupid.

I like how people always thinks being a 'top player' equals being intelligent or making the right choices. If you want to get somewhere, you shouldn't just blindly copy or agree with anyone or anything.
    Well consider his response not blindly agreeing with you.