Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    We Alliance want some sense that yeah, the Horde did kick us while we were down, they did demolish our stuff, but you know what? We got them back, and we got our vengeance and they're not gonna ever forget it. Why? Cause we have a smoking hole in the ground to that we can point to as a giant "screw you!" to the Horde.
    So wait and see? You don't want to destroy Orgrimmar from the sounds of it, and you act like because Varian doesn't act right away he won't act at all.

Put it this way. Garrosh was made warchief as the cataclysm began. Do you think he immediately took the mantle and shouted "PLAGUE BOMB SOUTHSHORE AND BUTCHER ASHENVALE." Cause guess what? He didn't. He did so faster than Varian would, sure. But that's his character. I would not be in the least bit surprised to watch a few major horde outposts fall to the Alliance while the Horde re-structures itself under the new Warchief. Varian has the strategic advantage now, and he knows it. Now he just has to act on it.

I want less 'A Little Patience', less 'Hush Tyrande.'
    Tyrande needs to put her foot down. She led the Night Elves for ten thousand years while Malfurion and his Druids slept. She needs to stage a coup and drop this "co-leader" nonsense. I'm absolutely sick and tired of not having the borderline savage, take no prisoners Elves, with Tyrande leading the charge. It's time for the Priesthood and Sentinels to put the Druids in their place. They stood watch for thousands of years, they bled for Kalimdor, and without them the Druids would have fallen to madness or remained sleeping while the Legion ploughed over their dens.. Why isn't Shandris more pro-active? She has an army, it's about time she used it.

Blizzard wants to keep the Night Elves as clawless park rangers led by a sleepy Druid and his increasingly inept wife... I mean, she'll get absolutely annihilated in Darnassus whilst Malfurion just stands there watching her die. Of course none of this would happen, as Blizzard (primarily Metzen) would never write a story where Malfurion is characterised as a heel.

I want more Alliance victories shown in-game. They give the Alliance victories that conflict with gameplay. It's silly. Why give the Alliance Dalaran if you know they're never going to actually have it in-game? Don't even bother trying to give us Gilneas seeming as though you've created a battleground on it... which will not be taken out.

I'm not obsessed with Tyrande at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    Tyrande needs to put her foot down. She led the Night Elves for ten thousand years while Malfurion and his Druids slept. She needs to stage a coup and drop this "co-leader" nonsense. I'm absolutely sick and tired of not having the borderline savage, take no prisoners Elves, with Tyrande leading the charge. It's time for the Priesthood and Sentinels to put the Druids in their place. They stood watch for thousands of years, they bled for Kalimdor, and without them the Druids would have fallen to madness or remained sleeping while the Legion ploughed over their dens.. Why isn't Shandris more pro-active? She has an army, it's about time she used it.
    As a fullblood Nightelf player by heart I woudl celebrate and dance as soon as this day comes but it will never happen.

Never.
    For some Reason the few storyslines the Alliance gets always features Jaina and Varian ... or Arthas ... or otehr stupid humans.
    Nightelves are equally often played but they got nothing sicne 7 years.

In cata they got the blessing, the ancinets, malfurion, malorne, and guess what? NOTHING! Nothing happened with them ... I mean the nightelves have 2 unlimited power sources and access to gods and demi gods ... an entire army in Feralas and they do absolutely nothing ....

even with 5.4 the HUMANS again have to cross the daman ocean to attack orgrimmar while the nightelves sitting next to it doing nothing ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post

Blizzard wants to keep the Night Elves as clawless park rangers led by a sleepy Druid and his increasingly inept wife... I mean, she'll get absolutely annihilated in Darnassus whilst Malfurion just stands there watching her die. Of course none of this would happen, as Blizzard (primarily Metzen) would never write a story where Malfurion is characterised as a heel.

I want more Alliance victories shown in-game. They give the Alliance victories that conflict with gameplay. It's silly. Why give the Alliance Dalaran if you know they're never going to actually have it in-game? Don't even bother trying to give us Gilneas seeming as though you've created a battleground on it... which will not be taken out.

I'm not obsessed with Tyrande at all.
    I wouldn't expect to see Tyrande go bloodthirsty after A Little Patience. Tyrande respects Varian as a leader, even more so now since he showed her he knew what he was doing. And not to be that guy, but not once have I ever considered the elves 'bloodthirsty.' All throughout the warcraft series, they were protecting what was theirs, not going out hunting anything that may roam their forests.

On top of this, Varian has shown how silly mistakes like rushing headlong into battle against an enemy that is trying to draw them into a trap costs the Alliance many victories. I would expect to see a lot less headstrong bull rushes from the night elves now, not more.

Bloodsail Admiral KunkkaTheAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Well what some of you seem not to understand:

There is a wide range of possibilities between "Leaving as the good guy" and "bruning everything down"

So there is nothing less mercyfull and good and noble when you leave the city undestroyed but place guards ther eto keep an eye on the defeated, garrosh loyal orcs, so they don't start bitching again as soon as the alliance left.

Just like after WWII when the Allied left soldiers in Germany to maintain stability.

Burning everything down is not the Alliances way, but leaving without doing anything or make sure that the horde will not rise again to bomb down anothe ralliance town (theramore anyone?) is also not very logical.

Varian allowing a new "War"Chief to be crowned is nothing bad but if I were Varian I would make damn sure that someone gets onto the throne I can trust and who will act in my interests. Also I would leave my 7th lLegion there to keep an eye on what the horde will do next.

Sorry english is not my first language it is frustrating to not be able to express detailed what I mean.
    I already explained why I would like the alliance to leave soldiers in Orgrimmar, what I adressed were the people who specifically said "I wan't to see the horde burn and crushed." which by the way is often said on this forum and in the offcials.

This is not what the alliance does, go forth and place guards I will certainly appreciate the alliance presence after you guys went into my capital, it would be interesting.
    "Why do we fight? To protect home and family, to preserve balance and bring harmony. For my kind the true question is, what is worth fighting for?"

Gosh i sure would hate to be the poor sods who have to guard orgrimmar while the alliance fleet sails away

Seriously guys this isnt gonna happen they aint gonna leave any force to baby sit the horde

The alliance is not America after WW2 it does not have the strength after years after years of fighting to keep watch over the horde capital and i will guarantee if they leave any and i do mean any alliance soldiers in org and let them be attackable like gamon then iam gonna spend my whole time during the next xpav ganking the living fuck out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Gosh i sure would hate to be the poor sods who have to guard orgrimmar while the alliance fleet sails away

Seriously guys this isnt gonna happen they aint gonna leave any force to baby sit the horde

The alliance is not America after WW2 it does not have the strength after years after years of fighting to keep watch over the horde capital and i will guarantee if they leave any and i do mean any alliance soldiers in org and let them be attackable like gamon then iam gonna spend my whole time during the next xpav ganking the living fuck out of them!
    The Nightelves actually would have the strength to do that. They have their own capital und suply near, they have not been involved in any big battle beside ashenvale and they have recently got back gods and demi gods.

They even have a back entrence to Orgrimmar near Ashenvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    The Nightelves actually would have the strength to do that. They have their own capital und suply near, they have not been involved in any big battle beside ashenvale and they have recently got back gods and demi gods.
    Bah most of there demigods are neutral just like malfurion.

Bah most of there demigods are neutral just like malfurion.
    Nothing new for the Alliance actually, most of our Characters used to be Neutral -.-"

Isnt lorewise Alliance the stroger faction now that the horde effectively decimated itself?
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Isnt lorewise Alliance the stroger faction now that the horde effectively decimated itself?
    Yes it is. Blizzard wants to show that next xpac as well, but I don't know if I should trust them on that.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

Since the horde is probably going to get a cinematic for picking a new warchief, i kind of want a cinematic about alliance plans for the future or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Yes it is. Blizzard wants to show that next xpac as well, but I don't know if I should trust them on that.
    I better hope they show it, and not just in quest text like someone saying "we are stronger now, durr"
    We had our time as the underdogs, time to fucking shine!
    rogue "glory hole helm"

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    I won't ... still waiting for that "Fist pumping moment"
    Still seeing the hord egtting extremly cool stories though they are on the losing side.
    Still don't seen ANY story developing for the allaiance being somehwat interesting .... thy tyrande moment was phantic, the dwarf moment was absolutely short compared to what the hord gets, again ....

No I have lost any faith in that matter

You kill some die hard loyalists and a whacked out leader thats it

Did you kill many belfs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Gobbos in the raid

You didnt did you so i cant see how you thin you are still the stronger faction

FFS the alliance doesnt have that many people if it did then varian wouldnt need to eat out moira to get dwarf support

You kill some die hard loyalists and a whacked out leader thats it

Did you kill many belfs, Trolls, Tauren, Forsaken, Gobbos in the raid

You didnt did you so i cant see how you thin you are still the stronger faction

FFS the alliance doesnt have that many people if it did then varian wouldnt need to eat out moira to get dwarf support
    Orcs are like 50% of the horde's combined strenght.
    We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, also the trolls got hit hard. so yeap.
    rogue "glory hole helm"

We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, so yeap.
    So if we kill the whole 7th legion does that mean we beat the alliance?

Also numbers is worthless in this game cause blizz pulls out numbers when in reality most of the races in azeroth should be instinct by now!

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I wouldn't expect to see Tyrande go bloodthirsty after A Little Patience. Tyrande respects Varian as a leader, even more so now since he showed her he knew what he was doing. And not to be that guy, but not once have I ever considered the elves 'bloodthirsty.' All throughout the warcraft series, they were protecting what was theirs, not going out hunting anything that may roam their forests.

On top of this, Varian has shown how silly mistakes like rushing headlong into battle against an enemy that is trying to draw them into a trap costs the Alliance many victories. I would expect to see a lot less headstrong bull rushes from the night elves now, not more.
    I never said I want them to be bloodthirsty. I'm expecting them to continue protecting what was theirs, as you said. That's what I think is currently lacking in WoW. They've got so much land that could be theirs, and they're not taking the opportunity to reclaim any of it. Surely protecting what is rightfully theirs means going to absolutely any extremes necessary to ensure the survival of their people... whether through bloodshed of the Horde or walking all over Mr. Neutral boy Malfurion.

Also, a lot of the 7th Legion and its commanders were killed in the attack on Theramore... so there's already been a big hit on that front.
    Last edited by Jamie081; 2013-07-23 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Avoided double posting

So if we kill the whole 7th legion does that mean we beat the alliance?

Also numbers is worthless in this game cause blizz pulls out numbers when in reality most of the races in azeroth should be instinct by now!
    Extinct. They would be extinct by now.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

We got to wipe out their most elite soldiers plus their leaders, also the trolls got hit hard. so yeap.
    They are not the majority. In Orgrimmar maybe, but not the Horde. There are many other races that make up the Horde.