Thread: Virtual Realms

Virtual Realms

They updated the upcoming features page the other day and Virtual Realms weren't listed with 5.4. Anyone know if these are still slated for 5.4, or are they pushing this feature back some?

The last we heard (from a blue post) is that VRs are still on. But it won't be a flip of the switch type of event. They may VR 1-3 realms, see how it works, than VR 2-3 more in if everything is smooth. I don't know that they have given much more details about who is going where.

On a side note, the Dalaran and Neutral AH's have been up and down the past week. So Half-Life 3 confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still slated for 5.4 as far as I'm concerned. If it is being pushed back, then Blizzard has never said anything about it yet, but really most that they've said about it makes it seem like it's going to be released as planned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only low pop realms will get virtual realms probably in 5.4 and might become bigger and bigger over the year just like CRZ.
    I hope for the sake of low pop realms that it won't get pushed back, enough is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Only low pop realms will get virtual realms probably in 5.4 and might become bigger and bigger over the year just like CRZ.
    I hope for the sake of low pop realms that it won't get pushed back, enough is enough.
    Indeed. My realm is beyond dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are on the table they just want to make sure everything is clear.

sorce https://twitter.com/Nethaera/status/358729390869331968

10+ Year Old Account
    They said somewhere that Virtual Realms will ramped up slowly & be down by the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    They said somewhere that Virtual Realms will ramped up slowly & be down by the next expansion.
    Link?

If you cannot provide source then you're wrong.

There is a server on the PTR using VR
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There is a server on the PTR using VR
    How does that work? I thought VR was multiple servers joined together.

10+ Year Old Account
    For what it's worth, here's the GC tweet about this:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @VerainOfUrsin Overall the feature will probably start very small and build. It likely won't be a "flip the switch" deal.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87538385596416

Starts small. Nothing at all about the next expansion, either 'down' or 'done' or whatever Arbsbarb was trying to convey.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How does that work? I thought VR was multiple servers joined together.
    IDK, but it's up and working right now. It's the pvp server on the PTR realms list with no region tag. Just hopped on, and saw people from Broxigar.

Didn't try Broxigar, but I'm guessing maybe it's VR'd, too.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I really hope so. My server has been so sad and slow since that damn transfer sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    IDK, but it's up and working right now. It's the pvp server on the PTR realms list with no region tag. Just hopped on, and saw people from Broxigar.

Didn't try Broxigar, but I'm guessing maybe it's VR'd, too.
    Interesting, are you sure it was not just CRZ enabled in all zones? Although I guess that could be similar to VRs. If you could when you get a chance check the AH and see if items are on sale from players from a different realm? If you don't feel like doing this, thanks for the information you've already given us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interesting, are you sure it was not just CRZ enabled in all zones? Although I guess that could be similar to VRs. If you could when you get a chance check the AH and see if items are on sale from players from a different realm? If you don't feel like doing this, thanks for the information you've already given us.
    It should be easy to spot. VR'd realms have a (#) next to them.