Thread: Virtual Realms

  1. #1

    Virtual Realms

    They updated the upcoming features page the other day and Virtual Realms weren't listed with 5.4. Anyone know if these are still slated for 5.4, or are they pushing this feature back some?

  2. #2
    The last we heard (from a blue post) is that VRs are still on. But it won't be a flip of the switch type of event. They may VR 1-3 realms, see how it works, than VR 2-3 more in if everything is smooth. I don't know that they have given much more details about who is going where.

    On a side note, the Dalaran and Neutral AH's have been up and down the past week. So Half-Life 3 confirmed.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    809
    Still slated for 5.4 as far as I'm concerned. If it is being pushed back, then Blizzard has never said anything about it yet, but really most that they've said about it makes it seem like it's going to be released as planned.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

    Thank you Shyama for the awesome signature!

  4. #4
    Scarab Lord Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    4,795
    Only low pop realms will get virtual realms probably in 5.4 and might become bigger and bigger over the year just like CRZ.
    I hope for the sake of low pop realms that it won't get pushed back, enough is enough.
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

    Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

  5. #5
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Only low pop realms will get virtual realms probably in 5.4 and might become bigger and bigger over the year just like CRZ.
    I hope for the sake of low pop realms that it won't get pushed back, enough is enough.
    Indeed. My realm is beyond dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,749
    They are on the table they just want to make sure everything is clear.

    sorce https://twitter.com/Nethaera/status/358729390869331968

  7. #7
    Over 9000! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    9,016
    They said somewhere that Virtual Realms will ramped up slowly & be down by the next expansion.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    They said somewhere that Virtual Realms will ramped up slowly & be down by the next expansion.
    Link?

    If you cannot provide source then you're wrong.

  9. #9
    There is a server on the PTR using VR
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    There is a server on the PTR using VR
    How does that work? I thought VR was multiple servers joined together.

  11. #11
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Welcome to the Metachronopolis!
    Posts
    12,015
    For what it's worth, here's the GC tweet about this:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    @VerainOfUrsin Overall the feature will probably start very small and build. It likely won't be a "flip the switch" deal.
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...87538385596416

    Starts small. Nothing at all about the next expansion, either 'down' or 'done' or whatever Arbsbarb was trying to convey.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How does that work? I thought VR was multiple servers joined together.
    IDK, but it's up and working right now. It's the pvp server on the PTR realms list with no region tag. Just hopped on, and saw people from Broxigar.

    Didn't try Broxigar, but I'm guessing maybe it's VR'd, too.
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  13. #13
    I really hope so. My server has been so sad and slow since that damn transfer sale.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    IDK, but it's up and working right now. It's the pvp server on the PTR realms list with no region tag. Just hopped on, and saw people from Broxigar.

    Didn't try Broxigar, but I'm guessing maybe it's VR'd, too.
    Interesting, are you sure it was not just CRZ enabled in all zones? Although I guess that could be similar to VRs. If you could when you get a chance check the AH and see if items are on sale from players from a different realm? If you don't feel like doing this, thanks for the information you've already given us.

  15. #15
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Interesting, are you sure it was not just CRZ enabled in all zones? Although I guess that could be similar to VRs. If you could when you get a chance check the AH and see if items are on sale from players from a different realm? If you don't feel like doing this, thanks for the information you've already given us.
    It should be easy to spot. VR'd realms have a (#) next to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •