Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I probably mistook his post as supporting Varian's position of wanting to wipe out the orcs over what a rogue Forsaken did (Varian's PoV).
    I doubt Varian in a calm environment would have acted so brashly as he did then.
    If the Alliance truly won he would probably just force the Orcs to return to Draenor (outlands) and seal the portal behind them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    I doubt Varian in a calm environment would have acted so brashly as he did then.
    If the Alliance truly won he would probably just force the Orcs to return to Draenor (outlands) and seal the portal behind them.
    Trap them in a world full thats falling apart and is full of demons, what a good idea
    I thing he might just, if he wins ofcourse, let them live but not let them have any force or military.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Trap them in a world full thats falling apart and is full of demons, what a good idea
    I thing he might just, if he wins ofcourse, let them live but not let them have any force or military.
    They made that bed for themselves XD

I could Imagine him letting them stay if they agreed to restrict their military. Especially if the Tauren and/or bloodelves converted over to the alliance. Which would permanently tip the balance of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    They made that bed for themselves XD
    Pretty sure the orcs on Azeroth (who were captured after the 2nd War) had nothing to do with Ner'zhul reopening the Dark Portal and all the other portals on Draenor.

You guys seem to be forgetting that the big reward the Alliance whelps get from SoO is LIVING. Wrathion says it himself, if Garrosh hadn't turned half the horde against itself, the horde would surely win over the Alliance. Yes, the Horde is almost torn apart but I even so, with half the Horde in rebellion, I think most would still follow Garrosh into war, because, you know, between fighting itself and the Alliance, the choice is pretty obvious. Even if the rest of the Horde didn't help, Garrosh and the Kor'kron alone would be enough to put a huge dent in the Alliance (they wouldn't win of course, but they would still do ALOT of damage). By helping in SoO, you're preventing Alliance deaths and eliminating what is now the biggest threat to Azeroth. That should be more than enough for the righteous and we-are-the-good-guys Alliance.
    Noone leaves this fight a winner. Allies and Hordes are going to fight together so that both can survive and overthrow a tyrant. The Horde could as well let you do all the work and then walk over your wounded and weakened asses, eliminating both the Alliance and Garrosh in one sitting. Take the fact that the Horde isn't doing that as your big prize and reward and stop crying.

Pretty sure the orcs on Azeroth (who were captured after the 2nd War) had nothing to do with Ner'zhul reopening the Dark Portal and all the other portals on Draenor.
    Come off it. Its a piece of shit now because of Orcish actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    You guys seem to be forgetting that the big reward the Alliance whelps get from SoO is LIVING. Wrathion says it himself, if Garrosh hadn't turned half the horde against itself, the horde would surely win over the Alliance. Yes, the Horde is almost torn apart but I even so, with half the Horde in rebellion, I think most would still follow Garrosh into war, because, you know, between fighting itself and the Alliance, the choice is pretty obvious. Even if the rest of the Horde didn't help, Garrosh and the Kor'kron alone would be enough to put a huge dent in the Alliance (they wouldn't win of course, but they would still do ALOT of damage). By helping in SoO, you're preventing Alliance deaths and eliminating what is now the biggest threat to Azeroth. That should be more than enough for the righteous and we-are-the-good-guys Alliance.
    Noone leaves this fight a winner. Allies and Hordes are going to fight together so that both can survive and overthrow a tyrant. The Horde could as well let you do all the work and then walk over your wounded and weakened asses, eliminating both the Alliance and Garrosh in one sitting. Take the fact that the Horde isn't doing that as your big prize and reward and stop crying.
    I don't see how the Horde could win against the Alliance in a prolonged total war unless the Forsaken employed massive amounts of new plague, which would be a really bad idea because it would probably get the dragon flights involved against them.

The Alliance, hell, the kingdom of Stormwind has a larger population than the horde. The alliance has better tech, better supply lines, the members are much friendlier, and the cities (ironforge in particular) are better fortified.

In reality if you run the specs of both factions it comes out very similar to the stats of the Union and the Confederacy.

The Alliance, hell, the kingdom of Stormwind has a larger population than the horde.
    Population stats are from the RPG and are no longer canon. We do not know the relative population sizes of Horde vs. Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see how the Horde could win against the Alliance in a prolonged total war unless the Forsaken employed massive amounts of new plague, which would be a really bad idea because it would probably get the dragon flights involved against them.

The Alliance, hell, the kingdom of Stormwind has a larger population than the horde. The alliance has better tech, better supply lines, the members are much friendlier, and the cities (ironforge in particular) are better fortified.

In reality if you run the specs of both factions it comes out very similar to the stats of the Union and the Confederacy.
    Oh yes, I'm sure the Alliance has a better everything, that's why they have already destroyed the Horde and win every fight and the Horde exists because the Alliance allows it. Ohh wait, they haven't and they don't.
    Besides, the Black Prince himself said that the Horde WOULD HAVE won, and I guess he knows way more than you do, since, you know, he is the Black Prince. Listen to his audio. Please try again.

Quote Originally Posted by ykza View Post
    Oh yes, I'm sure the Alliance has a better everything, that's why they have already destroyed the Horde and win every fight and the Horde exists because the Alliance allows it. Ohh wait, they haven't and they don't.
    Besides, the Black Prince himself said that the Horde WOULD HAVE won, and I guess he knows way more than you do, since, you know, he is the Black Prince. Listen to his audio. Please try again.
    The alliance, like the Union would lose at first and take a long time to get rolling, but once they did, the Horde would have fallen.

The Black prince, while knowlegable, does not have Wowpedia at his fingertips.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay then, if you're going to blame the entire race for something only some of its members did... Sundering happened because of night elf actions. The Cataclysm happened because of the Aspects' actions. The Horde and Scourge invasions happened because of human actions. Everything the Forsaken do counts as human and elf actions. Everything the Burning Legion did counts as Titan actions. Everything KJ and Acrhimonde did count as Draenei actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    I had a great time helping Grand Marshal Thrall through Dragon Soul. Can't wait to see him in Stormwind.

/sarcasmifitwasntobviousenough
    I died.

I... I think I just want finished stories. We're lacking any good build from the Alliance. Draenei are never taken seriously. Nor are Gnomes. Worgen are shelved.

That leaves the whipping boys which are the Night elves now to be defended by the almighty humans. I love humans-don't get me wrong. But seeing more from the Alliance as a whole would be nice. I have to admit Blood in the Snow was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Okay then, if you're going to blame the entire race for something only some of its members did... Sundering happened because of night elf actions. The Cataclysm happened because of the Aspects' actions. The Horde and Scourge invasions happened because of human actions. Everything the Forsaken do counts as human and elf actions. Everything the Burning Legion did counts as Titan actions. Everything KJ and Acrhimonde did count as Draenei actions.
    Are you unaware of all the shit the orcs did before that that directly led to that moment?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you unaware of all the shit the orcs did before that that directly led to that moment?
    The orcs trapped on Azeroth had nothing to do with Ner'zhul going crazy and opening the portals that destroyed their homeworld. They weren't even part of the same Horde.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay then, if you're going to blame the entire race for something only some of its members did... .
    thats something thats very prevelant
    People always say "The Alliance should be punished for this" or "The Horde should do this"
    Not realizing that these are groups of nations that are home to hundreds of thousands of different individuals

- - - Updated - - -

Strip a nation of its capabilities and independence, thats totally gonna win lots of love
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Guys just stop commenting to Aquamonkey. This guy actually has an inner Orc. He will look for or twist anything the alliance has ever done into a viewpoint where it is an attack on the horde. While most people on this forum are sorta "faction biased" - atleast most have a sense of "yeah ok my faction did bad there and for no reason..."

You won't find this in mr Monkey's posts at all. I've read hundreds of threads on these boards and everytime a thread such as this one pops up, he races to defend the horde to its extremes. Never tho will he turn to insult (kudos to him).

@ Aqua: mate I do at times really like your informative posts, when you go on about history or something concerning WoW Lore. You are very informed I give you that. But it either seems you want to sorta fight a real battle for the orcs from a 100% orc viewpoint (for your own amusement) - or your own moral viewpoints are out of wack. And I sincerely hope its the first option.

I mean no disrespect but thats how I view your posts.
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2013-07-16 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    thats something thats very prevelant
    People always say "The Alliance should be punished for this" or "The Horde should do this"
    Not realizing that these are groups of nations that are home to hundreds of thousands of different individuals

- - - Updated - - -

Strip a nation of its capabilities and independence, thats totally gonna win lots of love
    Its what happened at the end of WW1 and WW2. The victors decide the rules and thats natural.

Ofcourse, that wont happen in SoO. The Alliance will come out of it stronger, but we won't get any fist pump moments.
    Yea, we will kill Garrosh, and then we will be thrown out of orgrimmar like an used condom.

Deleted
    Its what happened at the end of WW1 and WW2. The victors decide the rules and thats natural.

Ofcourse, that wont happen in SoO. The Alliance will come out of it stronger, but we won't get any fist pump moments.
    Yea, we will kill Garrosh, and then we will be thrown out of orgrimmar like an used condom.
    Garrithos: Thanks for help, undead, now get the hell out of my city.
    Is killed.

Vol'Jin: Thanks for help, Alliance, now get the hell out of my city.
    Is crowned the new warchief

Metzen - trollface.

- - - Updated - - -

Until Garry turned the horde against him Wrathion was sure the horde would win. You have no sources to back up your claims btw :P numbers have never really been released by blizzard concerning factions numbers either.

For the most part in this war the alliance has mostly been reacting to horde aggression, only now have the alliance really gone on the offensive (ok they had some actions in the barrens but that was limited compared to most of the horde actions). With the horde split the alliance now have the advantage.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its what happened at the end of WW1 and WW2. The victors decide the rules and thats natural..
    WW1 and WW2 were dicatated "peace", in other words "victor's justice"
    Most peace treaties are conditional, both sides sit down and discuss and hammer out terms
    Both World Wars were basically "Sign this shit we and we alone made up or else we ass fuck you"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    WW1 and WW2 were dicatated "peace", in other words "victor's justice"
    Most peace treaties are conditional, both sides sit down and discuss and hammer out terms
    Both World Wars were basically "Sign this shit we and we alone made up or else we ass fuck you"
    Or what, the losers will require some additional butt kicking ?!

This only happens in wars where there is no clear winner and no clear loser, just sides who have decided that war is too costly and going nowhere.