Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 5.4 World Changes, 5.4 PTR Notes Update, Blue Posts, Pet Battle PvP, DLC Comic

Saving Games on Different Consoles, Dodging with a Controller, E3 Interview with Josh Mosqueira

In Dust We Trust - Crafting in Hearthstone

Patch 5.4 World Changes
    This build brought a few more changes to Orgrimmar and Razor Hill. There are some new NPCs in Orgrimmar, as well as increase amounts of troops. Garrosh has abandoned his throne and is nowhere to be found. Vol'jin and Baine now also have a conversation in Razor Hill.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Vol'jin: Almost all of da troops be here now.
    Baine Bloodhoof: I am uneasy, old firend.
    Vol'jin: An me as well. We dun know what Garrosh been plannin this whole time. What he's got in store for us.
    Baine Bloodhoof: I fear for the safety of our people.
    Vol'jin: Not everyone gonna come out of this alive.
    Baine Bloodhoof: And for what? What did the Horde gain from such actions? Garrosh is a fool, and a betrayer. I should have killed him long ago, when he betrayed my father.
    Vol'jin: You gonna get your chance mon. But first we gotta take da city.
    Baine Bloodhoof: Have you been communicating with the humans?
    Vol'jin: Both da alliance and da horde got ships sailin for da harbor. We gonna split der forces an assault da front gate.
    Baine Bloodhoof: A bold plan. Let us hope we do not run into any surprises.
    Vol'jin: I don't think we got a choice, mon.

Midsummer Fire Festival 2013
    Don't forget that the Midsummer Fire Festival begins this morning! This year offers updated item level 480 loot. You can find a nice guide over on Icy Veins, and a list of coordinates in Aliok's guide on WoWDB.

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    480BackTankBack Icebound Cloak
    480BackMeleeBack The Frost Lord's Battle Shroud
    480BackSpell SpiritBack Cloak of the Frigid Winds
    480BackPhysical DPSBack The Frost Lord's War Cloak
    480BackSpell DPSBack Shroud of Winter's Chill
    480StaffSpell DPSTwo Hand Frostscythe of Lord Ahune

Patch 5.4 PTR Notes Update - June 20
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • All taunt type abilities now increase all threat generated against the target while the taunt is active by 200%.

Quests
    • The Strength of One's Foes: For players on this step of the legendary quest; all Throne of Thunder bosses now have a chance to drop a Sigil of Power or Sigil of Wisdom in addition to their normal loot. Players should no longer be receiving excess Sigils of Power or Sigils of Wisdom.

Pet Battles
    General
    • Round timers in PvP Pet Battles will now get progressively shorter for a player who takes more than 15 seconds to issue a command during their turn.

Battle Pets
    • Any Battle Pet that could be awarded from a Throne of Thunder boss on Raid Finder difficulty can now be won from a bonus roll, in addition to the standard bonus roll reward.

Battle Pet Abilities
    • Trihorn Charge damage has been reduced by 11.5% and now has a 1-round cooldown.

PvP
    • [PTR]: For testing purposes, the item level scaling of gear in Arenas, Battlegrounds and Rated Battlegrounds has been increased to 512 during the 5.4 PTR. Season 14 Grievous Conquest gear is exempt from this item level ceiling.

Battlegrounds and Arenas
    Arenas
    • For Arena matches lasting longer than 15 minutes, one of the teams will receive a buff called "The Crowd Chose You" that increases damage, critical strike chance, stealth detection, and reduces damage taken. The buff is awarded based on the following criteria.
      • Team with the largest number of players alive.
      • Team that brought an enemy player closest to death (lowest health).
    • Arena Rating scaling in the 2v2 bracket has been tuned to be consistent with the 3v3 bracket.

Items
    • [PTR]: For testing purposes, Flaskataur, Esq. will be available near the Niuzao Temple selling normal Tier-16 armor for gold.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Casting While Moving
    I think the concept largely stems from the idea that casting a spell takes an extreme amount of concentration. Imagine, for example, a chef preparing a meal and chopping up a bunch of potatoes or something. Now imagine him doing it at a brisk jog. Somehow that seems... unsafe, at best.

Obviously there are gameplay reasons why a spell would be castable while moving, but even then, one could argue that part of the "strength" of that spell is the ability to do so. Maybe a Lightning Bolt is fairly easy for a Shaman to cast while standing still, but it takes a lot of focus to be able to fire one off while running. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

PTR Realm Maintenance - 6/20/13
    are proving grounds going to be in this build?
    Proving Grounds testing is going to come a bit later in the test phase. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Holy Paladin Changes
    Hi there Jmax, I'm here with more information from our developers to provide more context behind some of the recent changes to Holy Paladins on the 5.4 PTR.

Intent behind the Eternal Flame change

We’ve made some changes to Eternal Flame because we feel the talent was being overrepresented within the Holy Paladin population.

Our intent for was for Holy Paladins to pick Selfless Healer if they like to Judge, Eternal Flame if they like heal-over-time spells, and Sacred Shield if they liked damage absorb shields. As it worked out, most every Holy paladin chose Eternal Flame, and we don’t want every Holy paladin to be a heal-over-time machine. (That’s a niche best served by Restoration Druids and Holy Priests.)

We don’t think Holy Paladin’s healing throughput is too high overall (though we’ll gather more information from testing on the 5.4 PTR), so our intent is not to nerf but to reduce reliance on Eternal Flame. One of the biggest problem with Eternal Flame is the way it interacts with the Illuminated Healing mastery, which turns the heal-over-time spell into a potent shield as well. If needed, we will compensate by buffing healing elsewhere.

Our plans for now, are to revert the nerf that was done to the initial healing component of Eternal Flame, but we are unlikely to change the Illuminated Healing back to the way it was.

Sacred Shield

Regarding Sacred Shield, we tried giving the talent as a baseline ability to Protection, but we’re unhappy with that experiment and are likely to revert the change. We agree that the current (old) version of Sacred Shield is more attractive to Holy than the (new) version. We also would likely have to nerf Protection to compensate for getting Holy Shield in addition to another talent. Overall, we think the current (old) version of Sacred Shield is a better design. Perhaps we can still make Sacred Shield more attractive for Holy and Retribution, and make the other two talents (Selfless Healer, Eternal Flame) more attractive to Protection.

Our goal

We understand that Selfless Healer requires a certain playstyle that not every Holy paladin will find attractive. So we want to make Eternal Flame and Sacred Shield feel like viable talent choices as well.

Mastery not benefiting from Execution Sentence or Light’s Hammer isn’t intended and probably just got caught in the change to make Eternal Flame’s heal-over-time not benefit with mastery. We will correct that.

Remember, at this early stage in the PTR, our designers’ focus are on implementation changes (mechanics) first, and tuning changes (numbers) later. Your feedback at this stage will be more helpful to be focusing on the mechanics (e.g. “I liked using hots” or “I like to Judge and wish I could use Selfless Healer more”) and less on “OMG 30% nerf.” (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Patch 5.4 Kil'Jaeden's Cunning Update
    There's been a lot of discussion on the topic of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4 but we've got some new info, and since that thread is growing rather large I think it's best to start up a new one.

We've been following all of your feedback very closely, and we're going to try a different approach to Kil'Jaeden's Cunning in 5.4.

In a future PTR build, Kil'Jaeden's Cunning will once again be a passive effect. Selecting it will allow the Warlock to cast Malefic Grasp, Shadow Bolt, and Incinerate while moving. There is no penalty, so you'll be able to move at full speed.

We still feel that the 5.3 version of Kil'Jaeden's Cunning isn't working out, but we don't want to "nerf fun" either. It's clear that many Warlocks simply enjoy the feel of being able to cast on the move, and we'd like to be able to preserve as much of that feeling if possible.

With this change, we can make the "penalty" of taking KJC that you don't have Mannoroth's Fury or Archimonde's Vengeance, which should result in more damage output in cases where movement is less critical (and we're working on some changes to Archimonde's Vengeance that should help with that). We're also still planning on buffing Fel Flame in a way that helps lower the impact to mobility caused by choosing one of those talents over Kil'Jaeden's Cunning, without nerfing it for PvP purposes.

Remember, we're still extremely early in the PTR process. There will be many more changes to the game before the patch goes live.

Thanks for the update. So just to be clear, Mannoroth's Fury is still on track to be 10 secs up, 60 sec CD with the increase to range and damage?
    Yes. Again, PTR is PTR and anything can change, but we do like how the new Mannoroth's Fury makes it a clear DPS boost in AoE situations. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Patch 5.4 Pet Battle PvP Timer Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard China (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We have received feedback where players said that their opponent ran out the whole 30 seconds every turn, which made him wait too long in the battle. Therefore, we are ready to add a new feature in Patch 5.4: In a PvP pet battle, if one side doesn't take action within 15 seconds, the system will reduce the time that player can use in the next turn as a penalty. This change is intended to accelerate the pet battle and make it more compact.

Currently, the system works as follows (numbers below are subject to change):

Each side has 30 seconds for each turn in the initial state, but if one side doesn't do anything in one turn within 15 seconds, then the time that player can use in the next turn will be reduced by (time used in the last turn - 15) / 2 seconds and the total time that player can use in all turns will be reduced by (time used in the last turn - 15) / 10 seconds.

For example:

If one player uses 25 seconds in one turn, then the time that player can use in the next turn will be reduced by (25 - 15) / 2 = 5 seconds, which only affects the next turn. The total time that player can use in all turns will be reduced by (25 - 15) / 10 = 1 second, which affects the whole battle and stacks, but it will reduce the time that can be used in one turn by 15 seconds at most. Therefore, he has 29 - 5 = 24 seconds to decide in the next turn.

Dark Legacy Comics #394
    DLC #394 is here, taking a look at how much fun leading a raid is.

Last edited by chaud; 2013-06-21 at 08:58 AM.

I really hope they change the balance 4p. I dont want to use old tier to not lose dps -.-

Thank you Warrior shield changes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Legacy: funny cause it's true, sad cause it's true
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think the convo between Baine and Vol'jin is complete crap and makes them look like idiot pussys?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Anyone else think the convo between Baine and Vol'jin is complete crap and makes them look like idiot pussys?
    Uhm.... Realising that storming a fortified city, filled with soldiers and unknown horrors, and talking about the fact that you might end up with a lot of casualties - isn't "crap", it's basically common sense.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 08:38 AM ----------

Oh and I kinda hope that this http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...dChanges01.jpg ends up being the shaman t16

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Any Battle Pet that could be awarded from a Throne of Thunder boss on Raid Finder difficulty can now be won from a bonus roll, in addition to the standard bonus roll reward.
    Great change. Haven't been lucky since the pets were introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    That conversation is complete and utter rubbish, whoever wrote it obviously doesn't know the story -.-

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    That conversation is complete and utter rubbish, whoever wrote it obviously doesn't know the story -.-
    .... What? No, no it does not - it shows the contrary. It shows that they both regret not acting sooner, that they have conversed with the Alliance and that they don't know what exactly they'll find once the storm the city....

Ohhhh that arena change, extremely exciting. Had about a half dozen tie games this week, losing rating every time. Definitely a great change.
    Although it doesn't makeup for the god awful resilience change, sigh.

With Garrosh no longer on his throne or in the city for that matter, wonder how Alliance would complete the achievement Death to the Warchief! and ultimately For the Alliance!

Reputation with "Faith in Blizzard" increased by 5000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    .... What? No, no it does not - it shows the contrary. It shows that they both regret not acting sooner, that they have conversed with the Alliance and that they don't know what exactly they'll find once the storm the city....
    I'm talking more about:

Baine Bloodhoof: And for what? What did the Horde gain from such actions? Garrosh is a fool, and a betrayer. I should have killed him long ago, when he betrayed my father.
    Garrosh never betrayed cairne, Garrosh respected him and was upset when he found out magatha had made him cheat, after he found out about her plot he refused to send her any reinforcements which she desperately needed in order to keep control of thunderbluff from the rebels. If he had sent her more guards baine wouldn't have been able to retake thunderbluff.

If garrosh didn't respect cairne, he would have sent magatha more troops, she would be the leader of thunderbluff and garrosh would have the support of the taurens rather than them being in the rebellion.
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-06-21 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Main filler spell on the move and no speed penalty on KJC. I'm okay with this.

My warlock is alive again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It is rubbish. All of a sudden Garrosh betrayed Cairne. Last time I checked, Garrosh duelled him and Magatha Grimtotem betrayed them both. Furthermore, both Vol'jin and Baine know this fact, so their conversation makes no fucking sense.

Bah, what is that Readiness nerf

Someone should tell Donald that his fun stops when he ruins everyone else's due to major tardness.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm talking more about:

Garrosh never betrayed cairne, Garrosh respected him and was upset when he found out magatha had made him cheat, after he found out about her plot he refused to send her any reinforcements which she desperately needed in order to keep control of thunderbluff from the rebels. If he had sent her more guards baine wouldn't have been able to retake thunderbluff.
    He did however betray every other race and every core principle of the Horde.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    let's smash a nerf into readiness, like the DPS was too high

Deleted
    •Arena Rating scaling in the 2v2 bracket has been tuned to be consistent with the 3v3 bracket.

Can anyone elaborate on what exactly this will mean?

also wouldn´t mind some buffs to DK survivability in PvP, seems everyone and their mother can burst like DK´s these days, so how about we get survivability like everyone else?