Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    I dont really have a problem with it. Heroic raiders still get an exclusive mount (Flying Garrosh head pls), and non heroic raiders can still get something for their efforts.

But ive never done a raid meta when it was current, so im probably biased.
    Yeah, I agree. There's still an exclusive reward for Heroic raiders who down the final boss, but it also gives non-Heroic or partial-Heroic mode raiders incentive to work on the meta, which I approve of. I've seen a lot of "there's no point in doing acheives since we're not going to get the heroic kills."

The Unstoppable Force I change my name a lot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    1% of raiding guilds have cleared H ToT (296). 22% cleared H DS (14126).

How is 1% everyone?
    Lol not to mention DS was just plain garbage in terms of mechanics mainly spine and madness heroic such awful encounters.

Glory of... woops... achievement done in the first week. That part I do not like. Some minimum amount of effort has to go into getting that achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Glory of... woops... achievement done in the first week. That part I do not like. Some minimum amount of effort has to go into getting that achievement.
    only a few guilds will get that the first week, since nhc guilds won't clear the instance for some id's and /flex is staggered.

Thinking about it, its not a huge issue.

We will probably spend a very long time with this tier (like icc and DS before) so for most heroic raiders they should eventually be able to get garrosh down with enough ilvl upgrades and weeks to clear the content.

Initially seems like a bad move but simply stops heroic raiders from getting 2 mounts per tier and simply allows another to be more accessable
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Oh, cmon! How now I would afking in Stormwind on my new glance, shinny heroic mount, watching all noobs gathering around me?!?!?
    Seriosly, Blizzard! I'll unsub!

I somehow feel that it's a bad change. But mounts are still going to be there next expansion and probably people will get them in 2-3 hours no matter if they are on Flex, Normal or Heroic.

But please give me an answer to this:
    HOW THE F**K DOES REMOVING HEROIC BOSS KILLS SOLVE THE ISSUE THAT PEOPLE DO NOT DO ACHIEVEMENTS ON HEROIC? IT"S BEYOND RETARDED... People don't do achievements on heroic? Let's remove the Heroic Kill requirement... that changes jack shit. You still have to go back to Normal or Flex >.<

love the changes to meta. We like to do achievements in my raid team, but heroic kills are too much for us (well and probably 95% of other raiders).
    Heroic raiders will get their special reward anyway so no harm done I guess.

Heroic kills in the meta was always a stupid idea; it should just say with the "Do the fight in a weird way" or "Everyone avoids hard mechanic X" and they're still challenging enough to get without also requiring you to be the top 1% of the raiding crop, which already IMO get way too much catering for such a tiny minority. As someone who probably won't even see heroic SOO, I'm happy with the change.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291

For as long as part of these achievements will be like "do a barrel roll" - I have much faith in the wow playing community's ability to continue to not get these meta-achievements until they can over-power and cheat them. Removing the heroic parts doesn't suddenly make wow players good at the game again.

Imokaywiththischange.jpg

In all seriousness, this is great! Allows us to do Glory without sacrificing a week of progress/farm.
    Shaman Warrior Monk

Stream
    When I feel earthquake, my hand automatically go to the dick. I stroke the dick and feel I have sex with the earth. All becoming calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Not much glory if you don't have to kill bosses on the hardest difficulty...
    You mean like getting a mount without killing LK HC or Sinestra or Raggi HC or even both, Spine AND Madness HC or Sha of Fear HC or Lei Shen AND Ra-den HC?

You never had to kill the end boss, so it was just pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I somehow feel that it's a bad change. But mounts are still going to be there next expansion and probably people will get them in 2-3 hours no matter if they are on Flex, Normal or Heroic.

But please give me an answer to this:
    HOW THE F**K DOES REMOVING HEROIC BOSS KILLS SOLVE THE ISSUE THAT PEOPLE DO NOT DO ACHIEVEMENTS ON HEROIC? IT"S BEYOND RETARDED... People don't do achievements on heroic? Let's remove the Heroic Kill requirement... that changes jack shit. You still have to go back to Normal or Flex >.<
    As Flex-Mode has a seperate ID you can do the achievements while still doing HCs... that's the change
    Last edited by Schockadin; 2013-06-22 at 12:43 PM.

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryva View Post
    only a few guilds will get that the first week, since nhc guilds won't clear the instance for some id's and /flex is staggered.
    Ah I forgot about flex being staggered. Still I am a bit sad about this change. I used to enjoy the question of: "Shall we do the achievement?" when clearing normal mode bosses.
    Grated we do not yet know how difficult flex will be, but I feel like this will lead into: "Shall we do the achievement?" --> "No you can do that on your own."

Quote Originally Posted by Schockadin View Post
    You mean like getting a mount without killing LK HC or Sinestra or Raggi HC or even both, Spine AND Madness HC or Sha of Fear HC or Lei Shen AND Ra-den HC?

You never had to kill the end boss, so it was just pointless.

As Flex-Mode has a seperate ID you can do the achievements while still doing HCs... that's the change
    Flex-mode has a separate ID anyway? So the removal of heroic kills just nerfs the Glory achievement. Not sure what you're saying here.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Flex-mode has a separate ID anyway? So the removal of heroic kills just nerfs the Glory achievement. Not sure what you're saying here.
    Not sure why this is such a big deal. Not everything needs to be super challenging for only the top echelon.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291

Great change. I welcome it.
    Imjarimdw , GM of <Bad Example> - [14/14 HC 10+25]

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    You get the reins of Galakras.... Don't complain.

If they are going to remove the Glory achievement from Heroics, then they need to make a "Heroic Cutting Edge: Garrosh" achievement or something like that so EVERYONE in the raid gets the mount.

10 man will require 10 kills of Heroic Garrosh to get the mount for everyone which is 2 and 1/2 months. Not too bad honestly, but if you get in late, then one or two people may get screwed out of the mount. In 25 man that's 25 weeks OR 6 months and a week. Unless the tier lasts a year (which I highly doubt) a pretty good portion of your raid will get screwed out of the mount. That doesn't sound fair to me at all. Unless they do 2 mounts a kill, which even then it's 3 months. All in all, make it a cutting edge achievement and I'll be happy. Then once 6.0 drops, add it to his loot table at ~2%.
    Heroic Madness dropped 2 mounts per kill, so I don't see why heroic Garrosh would be any different.
    3 months doesn't sounds like too much, considering the tier will usually last for 6-7+ months.

WoW: Zebrin | TERA: Rintha | GW2: Nezira Cinderclaw

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Heroic Madness dropped 2 mounts per kill, so I don't see why heroic Garrosh would be any different.
    3 months doesn't sounds like too much, considering the tier will usually last for 6-7+ months.
    A Blue confirmed that Heroic Garrosh will drop multiple mounts.
    "But there is a 100% Heroic drop mount (yes, more than one will drop on 25-player kills). And we'd like to offer those more consistently going forward. I'd say it was a misstep on our part that Heroic Sha of Fear and Heroic Lei Shen did not offer one."

I like this change, everyone from normal-mode going casuals to hardcore raiders get something.

I feel the issue is that not the entire raid will be rewarded. Before, at least the raid could get glory mounts if only a few people got the heroic mount off the last boss.

Now if you down heroic Garrosh if only five weeks before the end of the expansion, only half of the raid is getting the mount despite doing the same accomplishments. Before they could at least ride a glory mount that showed they do heroics, now not so much.

Then kill it earlier than that. I think its just fine as it is, given that it actually is decent mount.