Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm okay with this, everyone gets glory mount (that can clear flex) and the 1%'s(myself included) will have a shiny mount from garrosh that very few people will have unless it turns into dragon soul

You know it's going to get turned into dragon soul though. They'll nerf heroic to the point that you can pug it if the tier goes too long, because inevitably people will create 600 page long threads crying about how they can't get the garrosh mount otherwise.

This is nothing new, end boss mounts used to be relatively frequent, between Uld, ToGC, HM LK, Ragnaros, DS it was more common than not once HMs got rolling. The real change is simply giving the Glory achievement to more players, which I'm fine with. The achievements themselves are really easy and apart from a one week distraction, they are not targeted at the same audience who meet the Heroic kill criteria.

Most guilds who finish the HM requirements/the instance just put a week aside to knock the glory achievements out in one or two nights. They're nothing sacred, and I think shifting it into flexible raids is a good move, and removing the HM requirements further motivates groups to do it. It might also allow for some more engaging meta achievements, which can never hurt.

Personally I hope Blizzard will capitalize on this change to bring back some more non-glory related achievements. Ulduar for instance, was filled to the brim with vanity achievements which not everyone went for, but they've lasted the test of time Once again they don't need to be difficult, but something like 'putting the klaxxi back to bed - defeat the klaxxi paragons with your wakener title on', not exactly A material but you get the idea.

Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by citrique View Post
    You know it's going to get turned into dragon soul though. They'll nerf heroic to the point that you can pug it if the tier goes too long, because inevitably people will create 600 page long threads crying about how they can't get the garrosh mount otherwise.
    I hope they stick to there gun's with how they have said they are going to handle "nerfs" from now on. With allowing the fight to naturally be nerfed by item upgrades/gear and then only nerfing it well past. Maybe a 5% nerf after 4 months. 10% after 6 months and then new expansion come out soon after.

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 05:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    This is nothing new, end boss mounts used to be relatively frequent, between Uld, ToGC, HM LK, Ragnaros, DS it was more common than not once HMs got rolling. The real change is simply giving the Glory achievement to more players, which I'm fine with. The achievements themselves are really easy and apart from a one week distraction, they are not targeted at the same audience who meet the Heroic kill criteria.

Most guilds who finish the HM requirements/the instance just put a week aside to knock the glory achievements out in one or two nights. They're nothing sacred, and I think shifting it into flexible raids is a good move, and removing the HM requirements further motivates groups to do it. It might also allow for some more engaging meta achievements, which can never hurt.

Personally I hope Blizzard will capitalize on this change to bring back some more non-glory related achievements. Ulduar for instance, was filled to the brim with vanity achievements which not everyone went for, but they've lasted the test of time Once again they don't need to be difficult, but something like 'putting the klaxxi back to bed - defeat the klaxxi paragons with your wakener title on', not exactly A material but you get the idea.
    blizz weren't away from the heroic mount model because of guilds selling it. personally it sucked. Our GB doesn't have half a million gold anymore by selling 1 mount a tier . but i'm glad they realize that even with guilds selling mounts a heroic only end boss mount is still the best option to reward heroic raiders.
    Mohots---Main
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main
    WhaleWars Alt

Our guild loved selling firehawks, we sold about 100 or so even through dragon soul up until the week it was removed. We had 2, 3, sometimes 4 buyers a week. Most of us ended the expansion at 500K+ gold individually.

Here's to more heroic-only mounts.

Mounts dont get removed from metas so it just increases the chance that a heroic raider can complete it while current and makes little difference for players who go back afterwards when they can just face roll it anyways.
    We shall see. We got flex modes now so maybe the nerfs wont be as bad as DS. But I wont hold my breath. When Blizzard nerfed normal DS so hard that it was easier than LFR in their attempt to extend the life of content, it was just beyond silly.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-06-22 at 08:00 PM.

Crying about how they can't get the garrosh mount otherwise.
    Selling boosts to these morons, week in, week out.

$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Flex-mode has a separate ID anyway? So the removal of heroic kills just nerfs the Glory achievement. Not sure what you're saying here.
    If you would just read the post I quoted and thus answerd to you should notice this part: "HOW THE F**K DOES REMOVING HEROIC BOSS KILLS SOLVE THE ISSUE THAT PEOPLE DO NOT DO ACHIEVEMENTS ON HEROIC? IT"S BEYOND RETARDED"

So, even the removing of killing bosses on heroic does not help, but that flex-raids will have their own ID, thats what I'm saying here; but to be honest, it was not that difficult to understand (with at least some reading-skills).

In some way, yes, it's a "nerf" to the glory-achievements, but why should I care? Killing Garrosh on heroic, while it's current content gives a mount. So flex-raiders will have at least their glory-mount, normal-raiders the mount from the normal-mode-Garrosh-kill in addition and heroic-raider will also get a not announced mount.
    It's just a win-win for everyone, can't see any downside, except someone just wants to be so very unique, that noone else but him deserves to get any mount. As if anyone would ever say "Look at this mount, it's so awesome" when they see the Glory-Mount...

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

Blizzard got it right this time . And all your ideas sound wonderful

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Might be that shredder mount that was datamined...
    omg give me now!!

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    they gave 2 mounts during Deathwing. so no reason they wouldn't give it this time around.
    I think the "Ahead of the Curve" Mount replaces one of them.

Glory mounts were always weak because they couldn't be done during progression and they are recolors anyways.

This is a fine change but the main reason is that it still gives you incentive to run Heroic in the future when you over gear it.
    2% chance might or might not be as strong as a Glory achieve mount but as long as it's not a simple recolor I think it should motivate enough.

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    I think the "Ahead of the Curve" Mount replaces one of them.
    ..... did you even read what my post was responding to before typing? how does your response have anything to do with the # of heroic mounts per heroic kills?
    Mohots---Main
    Monopaly---Alt/old Main
    WhaleWars Alt

either my dictionary is broken, or they first word in the achievment is a severe typo for that achievement everyone will be able to pug in the opening hours of the patch

1glo·ry noun \ˈglȯr-ē\

a : a state of great gratification or exaltation <when she's acting she's in her glory>
    b : a height of prosperity or achievement

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Glory mounts were always weak because they couldn't be done during progression and they are recolors anyways.

This is a fine change but the main reason is that it still gives you incentive to run Heroic in the future when you over gear it.
    2% chance might or might not be as strong as a Glory achieve mount but as long as it's not a simple recolor I think it should motivate enough.
    I still see so many PuGs every day looking for LK25HC or Raggi HC or even Alone in the Dark just for the Mount... as long as there is chance, even a very small one, people will go back and take their chance. I also like the idea of the "Ahead of the Curve"-Mount and that's it's not just for heroic raiders only, but for everyone able to clear the content in time, which is still just the smallest part of the whole playerbase, something most people seem to forget (looking at WoWProgress only about 37% of all raiders have cleared normal(!) ToT which is not including, that even with the normal raiders, raiding players are a minority, so the minority of a minority will get such a mount).

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    either my dictionary is broken, or they first word in the achievment is a severe typo for that achievement everyone will be able to pug in the opening hours of the patch

1glo·ry noun \ˈglȯr-ē\

a : a state of great gratification or exaltation <when she's acting she's in her glory>
    b : a height of prosperity or achievement
    I don't see any PuG after SoO-Release which is able to a) clear the content in the "opening hours" AND do the achievements needed for the Glory-Meta, even in Flex-Raid. Do not overestimate the common PuG-player's skill. Even now not even the half of all normal raiders have cleared the entire T14-content and I presume most of them didn't do all or even most of the achievements.

And yes, I think carrying "bad" players through flex mode for the meta will be a nice source of gold income for many guilds, as it was for the HC-only mounts (earned so much gold just doing Firelands every weeks after clearing DS HC).

I believe most of posters here, who say it's just bad what Blizzards does now is just afraid of loosing their "status" with having a Glory-Mount... I mean saying something like "Meh, removing the need to kill bosses on heroic is bad, 'cause that was the thing which showed how skilled you are" is just biased when you consider that the real hard part of all heroic progression was never included, the end boss. And to be fair... going ToT 11/13 HC is not nearly as hard as killing Lei Shen on heroic, especially when you can just go back and do it with much better gear or even one or more expansions later!
    Having the T14-Glory-mount says nothing about your skills. Although I've cleared the content on heroic when it was current I got the mount just a few weeks ago. Why? 'Cause nobody wanted to the "normal"-achievements while farming for ToT. And now? Problem solved. You want the meta-mount asap? Take some friends, go flex-raid with them and you'll get it.

Honestly I must say: Thank you Blizzard for this altered way of gaining mounts from Raids!

P.S.: I know, it's some kind of useless to write these lines, 'cause as someone wrote once: "If Blizzard could walk over water like Jesus, someone would tell 'Meh, why can't they just swim?'"... There is always someone who will disagree, even if they would give us one whole year of free playing time, some strange person would find a downside of this

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/wowschockadin | Youtube: http://www.youtube.de/wowschockadin

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    The expansion is not The Dark Below.

Seems like Garrosh's Heroic mode is going to be quite interesting.

I'd like to try it out, but can't really be arsed to come back right now.

I actually like this change. It gives non-heroic raiders something that they can work on.
    A lot of people do not do the achivements while it is current and most guilds do not progress very far into heroic mode. Making the meta achivement undoable while current. And if you do not have a chance to finish the meta achivement I do not think that many guilds will even try to go for it.
    Personally I remember how it bonded my guild back in WotLK when we did the metaachivements for mounts. It gave us a goal to strive for.

The game needs more incentives and mile stone rewards for raids.

It doesn't need LFR.

They kind of did the same thing in dragonsoul, or started to, when they removed heroic spine and heroic madness from the meta reward so more people could achieve it and not be required to be in a high-end progression guild or wait to get the mount until two raid tiers later.

I don't see why you're complaining about it tbh, you down all heroics anyway.

Just because a mount is more accessible to the community doesnt mean they will get it anytime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Probably has been said already, but here goes:

-Garrosh heroic mount will go 1-2% drop when next expansion is released while in 6.0 you can Xrealm raid it :P.
    Monk main Casual

people putting quotes in signatures are often retarded according to science.