Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Heroic kills removed from Glory achievment in SOO and 100% heroic mount brought back

There is a difference between removing a reward without advance notice, which is something we do indeed want to avoid doing, and introducing rewards that are stated up-front as being limited-time-availability (e.g., Gladiator mounts, the Kor'kron War Wolf, WoW Anniversary companion pets, etc.).

We want to strike a balance between permanently available rewards that encourage players to go back and revisit content at a later date, and carving out some things that signify an accomplishment in a particular time and place. Years from now, when people see you riding a Kor'kron War Wolf, they'll know that you defeated Garrosh when he was the biggest threat to the safety of Azeroth. There's something to be said for that.

There will be two other mounts from the Siege of Orgrimmar raid that will be available via more conventional means: First, there's the Reins of Galakras from the "Glory of the Orgrimmar Raider" achievement, which will no longer require Heroic boss kills, and thus be available to any interested players who can pass the various skill checks involved, on Flexible mode or above. (This also lets Heroic raiders who want the achievements or associated mount pursue those goals without compromising their Heroic progression or gear needs, as many of our "kill the boss in an unusual way" achievements have unfortunately tended to be nearly impossible to do on Heroic while the content is relevant.)

Second, there will be a separate 100% drop mount from Heroic Garrosh, which will eventually be reduced to ~2% once the fight can be overpowered, in the same vein as Invincible or Mimiron's Head.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9344554603#1

For those who didn't fully read the blue/the original post

Normal mode end boss= Wolf mount that garrosh rides
    Glory of the SOO=proto drake that some horde chick rides around org right now I believe.
    Heroic Garrosh=???? so far but confirmed 100% drop rate that will be lowered to 1-2% in 6.0

I think its kinda dumb to remove heroics from glory glory but meh maybe ill finally get around to doing a glory achievement since we usually don't even do the achievements after heroics cause most of the glory mounts have looked like shit. But hopefully this makes blizz now make a 100% heroic only end boss mount every tier. Also there will be a normal mode mount for ahead of the curve achievement kinda like t11 i believe it was? thoughts?
    Last edited by momirmaster; 2013-06-21 at 05:58 PM.

I dont really have a problem with it. Heroic raiders still get an exclusive mount (Flying Garrosh head pls), and non heroic raiders can still get something for their efforts.

But ive never done a raid meta when it was current, so im probably biased.

My thoughts is that I have wanted a wolf as alliance for a long time, so yay. Removing heroics from meta makes sense from the POV of promoting flex raids, but I don't like it. And 100% mount from final boss is a must, otherwise the interest of farming the final raid drops way too fast.

So everything makes sense, even if I don't like one of the points.

Sounds good, the heroic kills were unnecessary IMO.

I like it, I think it's a win/win for everyone, people that only do Flexi raiding will be able to get the mount from the Glory, while Heroic raiders still have something exclusive.
    Sonie <Method> - Twisting Nether EU
    SonieTV @ Twitter

I love this change. I'm a heroic raider, but it's just great that I can now go into flex and get that achievement, not having to do them during heroic progression/farm, because there's always someone who's like "fuck achievements and mounts, I want gear QQQQQQQQQQQQQ"

Not much glory if you don't have to kill bosses on the hardest difficulty...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

Awesome to do glory in Flex mode can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    I love this change. I'm a heroic raider, but it's just great that I can now go into flex and get that achievement, not having to do them during heroic progression/farm, because there's always someone who's like "fuck achievements and mounts, I want gear QQQQQQQQQQQQQ"
    yeah I mean for me its always been were 10 man. Do we wan't to waste a week of possible 1-3 more BIS pieces to help us next tier. Or do we wan't a mount. So we usually don't do a mount run till the next tier like were doing t14 shit this weekend even though we killed sha like 3 weeks before 5.2.

I don't mind and the point made about some achieves in heroics being near impossible is pretty true. Hell I even like nerfing the drop rate of the mount Garrosh drops.

It had better be a flying pair of his shoulders
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Theiea View Post
    I dont really have a problem with it. Heroic raiders still get an exclusive mount (Flying Garrosh head pls), and non heroic raiders can still get something for their efforts.

But ive never done a raid meta when it was current, so im probably biased.
    Might be that shredder mount that was datamined...

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    I don't mind and the point made about some achieves in heroics being near impossible is pretty true. Hell I even like nerfing the drop rate of the mount Garrosh drops.

It had better be a flying pair of his shoulders
    I vote for a Gorehowl that is rideable like a witches broomstick.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    I like it, I think it's a win/win for everyone, people that only do Flexi raiding will be able to get the mount from the Glory, while Heroic raiders still have something exclusive.
    This. Great move by Blizzard, lets just hope the HC mount wont be something stupid like a diffrent colour of the normal mount.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Might be that shredder mount that was datamined...
    IF IT IS TRUE The world might explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I vote for a Gorehowl that is rideable like a witches broomstick.
    So much win right there
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Maybe it will be something like a Magnataur... or a sha-corrupted Kodo

Or... a Klaxxi paragaon XD

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Maybe it will be something like a Magnataur... or a sha-corrupted Kodo

Or... a Klaxxi paragaon XD
    Thats quite an interesting theory. We have ridden the klaxxi in dreadwastes while doing the quests several times so why not?

Garrosh will drop a pretty pink faerie dragon because the heroic-only phase will reveal that he has always secretly been a brony.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Thats quite an interesting theory. We have ridden the klaxxi in dreadwastes while doing the quests several times so why not?
    Because chances are we end up killing them during the encounter with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Garrosh will drop a pretty pink faerie dragon because the heroic-only phase will reveal that he has always secretly been a brony.
    I'm betting that mount will come from the Treasures of the Vale boss