Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Well, to be honest, By the time Heroic Guilds do the Glory meta, they overpower it with their heroic gear while doing the place on normal. So...Its not really that big of a deal. I dont care, and Im in a heroic progression guild, as its the same thing we do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Garrosh will drop a pretty pink faerie dragon because the heroic-only phase will reveal that he has always secretly been a brony.
    Oh god I cant stop laughing.
    My money is on some sort of sha infested flying creature.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Oh god I cant stop laughing.
    My money is on some sort of sha infested flying creature.
    Fuck that give me that robot scorpion thing and it can fly

Yessssssssssssss

Very cool.

Personally i enjoyed it MORE when they had stuff that was actually rare. Meta mounts removed (black/plagued drake) when the content was irrelevant was a great idea and they should have stood their ground and continued doing that with meta mount achievements. They were considering doing it with the ulduar 10/25 mounts but then broke down and gave in to the crying masses.

This is coming from someone who didn't have the black proto drake, btw and didnt receive the t11 meta mount and the 25 man icc mount until later on. I was, and still am, a supporter of keeping certain things in this game rare and unobtainable after a certain amount of time.

Same goes with realm-first only titles associated with the realm first acheivement. They should have left those in. (Again, i have NONE of those titles and im not sour because of it...it made competition greater for those unique titles and achievements.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNL...ature=youtu.be (#1 SSB Gold run on Bleeding Hollow)
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

I wonder if the Garrosh mount can be coined
    13/13 Heroic US 27 - 25 Man Pires - Warlock <Static> of Arthas

Co-Host of Set To Heroic - A Brand New Heroic Raiding Podcast. Search iTunes for Set To Heroic, or Click the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Kunta View Post
    I wonder if the Garrosh mount can be coined
    I kinda hope it can't be, since that's all I'll end up coining off of him

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    Elitists are gonna be crying, I can see it now.
    Just like they cried that Garrosh isn't heroic ONLY encounter. =P
    Why would they cry, there is a new shinny mount that will probably go to 1% where as the Glory achievements hardly stay rare after one or two tiers?

I like the removal of the heroic achievements from Glory. When I was doing heroic raiding, going for achievements seemed like a waste of gear for the weeks we did them. It was always the argument of we need to do this boss on normal week because these 4 people still need the achievement while there were 3 or 4 others who could use the potential gear of doing it on heroic. Not everyone who does heroic raiding wants mounts which really seemed to cause a lot of issues with what bosses were being done on which difficulty.

I like Blizzard's reasoning and logic and design on this one. It's a great idea that I fully support. This might even get me to do flexible or normal mode raiding again. Hell, it might even silence some of the QQing on the forums and boards about how unfair it is that LFRaid exists.

Considering I have yet to put any effort into the current glory achieve(beyond heroics) and only have 4 or 5 more to do, one of which is RNG based on Dark Ritualist spawns. I guess it's not that big a deal, I just hope they actually make the achievements take some effort.

This is a great idea and I hope they follow this model for future tiers. We get an increasing number of rewards as the difficulty level of organized raiding increases ( heroic - 3 mounts, normal - 2 mounts, flex - 1 mount). This theme of increasing rewards for increasing difficulty is one that seems quite balanced and I hope Blizzard will build around this theme moving forward..

The "glory" meta achievements have been awkward ever since the introduction of hard/heroic difficulty. They basically forced a guild to give up a week of loot farming for the next tier in order to complete the achievements. For this exact reason, I rarely have acquired the meta achievements while they were current. With the introduction of the new flex difficulty which has a separate lockout you can easily just do an off night meta run which seems perfect. This is also a great incentive to introduce those players who have previously only experienced LFR to organized raiding (flex via Open Raid, PUG, or casual guild run).

The one issue I have with the proposed set up is that the third and final reward for the highest difficulty setting (heroic) is not guaranteed. As a 10 man guild you need 10 weeks of kills and as a 25 man guild you need 13 weeks. Coming from a fairly casual guild we usually don't end up killing the final boss of a tier on heroic with many weeks to spare. What this means is that usually between 25-50% of the raid group does not actually get the heroic mount reward. This always felt unfair to me as all of these players put in the same effort for our guild to progress and down the final boss on heroic. Making the heroic mount a reward for the 'cutting edge' achievements, much like the normal mount will be a reward for the 'ahead of the curve' achievements feels like a reasonable solution to me.

wow this is really an awesome idea, i just hope the heroic mount will be awesome like invincible

Well the glory mount is already pretty bland. Dark Shaman's wolf pet as a mount, basically.

No one would of put up with that mount if you had to do all the heroic kills and achievements for it.

And to think, now that Achis are shared we just did the heroics on mains and achis on alts for the mounts.

Not sure why the heroic kills were removed, but I guess it's a nice thing they're doing to push more raiders to try for the meta