Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ...
    IMO T15 is easier than T11 and T12. My guild got a better ranking on Heroic Lei Shen than we did on Heroic Ragnaros (we couldn't even kill Heroic Ragnaros before the huge Firelands nerf). I don't see why people keep saying MoP raids are harder than pre-Dragon Soul Cata raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirithul View Post
    why doesnt blizz just slightly nerf the lfr bonus values.
    Because there is no reason for them to do so?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara senko View Post
    I keep hearing people talk about how they dont have time to raid so they LFR

Im curious if these people would still choose the LFR route if the drops were like heroic dungeons... Heroic blues

Looking for a serious answer to this please.
    i guess 1 day is too much to hope for without another post about LFR. if you dont like it dont do it, the gear is lower ilvl than normal/heroic so whats the problem?

to answer your question no i would not do LFR if it didnt drop epics and by epics i include tier gear, i stopped raiding when my last guild fell apart (due to the GM) and i really do not want to join another guild full of egos (insert what you like here). although loot has never been the major factor for me (i usually pass on an item that is a bigger upgrade for a guildie than myself or an item i know he/she might really want) i would not see the point of wasting my time in LFR if it didnt drop tier items. i have no problem with LFR dropping slightly lower ilvl gear but it has to be in a close enough range that people like myself who might return to normal/heroic raiding have the gear to do so.

ps some of the replies in this post are a big part of the reason i do not want to join a guild, the community has never been as bad imo

Lfr right now is way too lucrative vs the other modes honestly right now but instead of takin we just need to give the other modes more stuff to flex,normal and heroic which they are and I would not be surprised if blizzard pulls the epic gems card out and make them bop and can only be gotten out of flex+. I am glad they are pushing more mounts and achievements this time including revamping glory of so now I feel like people will feel like there is more to raiding than Lfr. As for normal/heroic dipping down into lower modes to get gear it will happen but I don't think rng will be that bad to where it won't be a 2+ month issue. Still need to consider loot locks though for example trinkets right now are way too good (ie amplify trinket for fire mages) where a fire Mage would be crazy not to run Lfr flex ect every week just to get a better version of it. Right now that trinket is so much better than any thing found in throne if thunder including heroic.
    Last edited by akris15; 2013-07-11 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted

Im curious if these people would still choose the LFR route if the drops were like heroic dungeons... Heroic blues

I keep hearing that people who love to raid never raid for gear. They just want to get new challenges and have fun.

Im curious if you would raid ToT or SoO more than a couple of times if those raids dropped exactly the same item level loot like the first raid tier of MoP.

You might have less people playing because they want purple gear even if the ilvl was the same. IMO having the "Raid Finder" tag on the gear is stigma enough.

I Raid Normals/Heroics on my main. It feels like a task. I have ten other 90s besides my main. I like to run Raid Finder with them for tier and trinkets, Why do people want to take that away from me? Why do people care about what i do or what I have. I know it;s been said over and over but so many people cannot just realize that this is a game. This is a game, if you are rude to someone or spend time laying in bed thinking these things up than you need a change.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I Raid Normals/Heroics on my main. It feels like a task. I have ten other 90s besides my main. I like to run Raid Finder with them for tier and trinkets, Why do people want to take that away from me? Why do people care about what i do or what I have.
    It's because players like you are the only thing standing between them and raiding bliss. Obviously if they made levelling and gearing your alts absolutely hopeless your response would be to give up your alternative lifestyle and raid with them instead. You are preventing them from raiding normals and heroics because you would rather be antisocial, level alts, and run LFR. Obviously if we got rid of LFR or made it so that instead of handing out subpar purple gear it handed out gray gear and dialog boxes with shaming phrases like, "Maybe next time you'll try a real raid, Nancy Boy!!!" then players would immediately rush out to elitist jerks, tankspot, and icy veins to learn how to raid for real. Wasn't the logic obvious to you?

As a heroic raider, who cares what people are doing in LFR? If you're a top end raider, you should be more focused on yourself.

My beef with LFR and Flex, is that even though the developers keep saying you don't need to run it, you really do. Set bonuses and some trinkets are worth running. And with Flex dropping 536, and the possibility of item upgrade being there from the start, it would mean that people would need to run Flex.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    As a heroic raider, who cares what people are doing in LFR? If you're a top end raider, you should be more focused on yourself.
    LFR didn't just appear in everyone elses copy of WoW, it's in mine as well.

I, like many other players who HAD interest in raiding or were doing it before LFR, don't feel raiding is as exciting when you COULD see it on an easier mode and you COULD get gear that looks just as bad ass.

My justifications for putting up with the schedule now do NOT include "seeing the raid and acquiring awesome loot" because I can do that in LFR.
    I'm raiding for LESS reasons now that LFR is here.

I still love the challenge and social environment but it's not as rewarding anymore, knowing you're not doing it for the only means of killing a boss and acquiring gear.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    I, like many other players who HAD interest in raiding or were doing it before LFR, don't feel raiding is as exciting when you COULD see it on an easier mode and you COULD get gear that looks just as bad ass.
    I hate to break it to you, but LFR loot is not awesome, and my Headcover of the Farseer from BRD is far more awesome than than any headpiece I've seen in any tier. If the latest tier gear was the most badass there would be no need for a transmog feature. You're missing out on empty rewards.
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-07-12 at 03:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR should drop the shoulders and helm of your class's dungeon set.

Oh wait, they took those away

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but LFR loot is not awesome, and my Headcover of the Farseer from BRD is far more awesome than than any headpiece I've seen in any tier. If the latest tier gear was the most badass there would be no need for a transmog feature. You're missing out on empty rewards.
    Generally speaking, people want the latest gear designs. It's generally a good motivator. They may transmog it but it still serves as a transmog item they could possibly use in the future.

And if it's not great one tier it might be the next.

I know you're just trying to shut us up by saying "pfft gear? big woop it sucks bro, big numbers are whats l337, I'd way prefer a title over silly gear, pffftt whatev's I'm totally jealous bro of your 10 achieve points I can't get too."

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    I'm totally jealous bro of your 10 achieve points I can't get too.
    Except it's not 10 points. For ToT alone there are 155 points that are only available through heroic raids: Glory of the Thundering Raider for 25 + Thirteen heroic bosses at 10 points each. An additional 120 points are only available from achievements that can only be obtained in normal and/or heroic raids. Don't forget that the Glory of the Thundering Raider achievement also gives a mount. It's no wonder you're upset. You're fixated on what everyone else's access to content that you've neglected to notice the exclusive rewards that normal/heroic raiders still have.

To put it another way, 275 achievement points and a mount > 10 achievement points
    Last edited by Ronduwil; 2013-07-12 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Except it's not 10 points. For ToT alone there are 155 points that are only available through heroic raids: Glory of the Thundering Raider for 25 + Thirteen heroic bosses at 10 points each. An additional 120 points are only available from achievements that can only be obtained in normal and/or heroic raids. Don't forget that the Glory of the Thundering Raider achievement also gives a mount. It's no wonder you're upset. You're fixated on what everyone else's access to content that you've neglected to notice the exclusive rewards that normal/heroic raiders still have.

To put it another way, 275 achievement points and a mount > 10 achievement points
    Oh! My bad, that's cool! I can go from 1400 achievement points to 1675 points! That's cool! Amazing... that's fucking expectacular, I'm remotivated again. Jeez I hope those achievement points transfer over to my Xbox live account, then I can have more achievement points!
    Yay! /sarcasm

Also ignore how Glory achieves are able to be done in Flex raid soon but also that Glory achieves required Heroic kills.

Jesus christ man, of course people aren't going to join raiding guilds for fucking recolors, recolors and boosting their worthless achievement points that maybe 5 people per realm are in competition for?

That would be fine if Blizzard implemented a way of catching up through heroics. We're honestly tired of this QQ about epics dropping in LFR. Casuals need a way to progress and as it stands right now LFR is the only way to catch up.