Thread: CC Class?

CC Class?

Of all the characters that I have played I tend to enjoy CC heavy characters, especially ones who can directly effect the positioning of my enemies. In CoH I had a Gravity Controller/Shield bubbler and between those two powers I could lock down opponents by snaring them, lifting them in the air so they could not fight back, toss them to a location of my choosing by sucking them through a wormhole and stunning them and pushing enemies into a corner where they were contained until we could deal with them. In WoW I like Frost mages and DK’s because of death grip.

Are there any classes in Rift that have mechanics that effect my enemy in this sort of way?

I think the dominator soul for mages may fit that (never actually played it).

Void Knight seems to have a ton of CC. I know if I ever tried PvP as warrior, it would be as a VK.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I think the dominator soul for mages may fit that (never actually played it).
    It most certainly is the Dominator soul. I don't have a whole lot of experience with, but I have played it a bit. It's an AOE Support soul so a lot of the abilities affect areas as opposed to single targets, but that doesn't mean its terrible. The soul can do things like AOE confuse, purge, cleanse, poly, stun, knock enemies into the air, and mana/energy drain. Those are just some of the things they do (oh and they have a spell reflect!). The soul is generally used in Conquest and as a sub-soul to get Reflective Command and/or Mana Wrench.

Mage dominator is the CC soul.

Thanks everyone for the responses!

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 08:35 PM ----------

Okay call me a noob but I am trying to set myself on a new character as a dominator and I am all thumbs in the menu's at this point. All I can seem to do is start as an elementalist and set dominator as one of my souls but its not the one I have any skill points in. I'm currently running around as an elementalist with lightning bolts and earth elementals.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Thanks everyone for the responses!

---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 08:35 PM ----------

Okay call me a noob but I am trying to set myself on a new character as a dominator and I am all thumbs in the menu's at this point. All I can seem to do is start as an elementalist and set dominator as one of my souls but its not the one I have any skill points in. I'm currently running around as an elementalist with lightning bolts and earth elementals.
    Start level 1, select the 3 souls you want(you can respec later) then put points in Dominator...not sure where your confusion lies?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Start level 1, select the 3 souls you want(you can respec later) then put points in Dominator...not sure where your confusion lies?
    I'm pretty sure you no longer select 3 souls by default, that menu where you pick a "spec" shows up which has 3 trees pre picked and fills in all the points for you. On the bottom of that screen is a button to turn that off and you can then just pick what you want. But it sounds like you already picked you you could respec at a trainer turn it off and do it all manually.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I'm pretty sure you no longer select 3 souls by default, that menu where you pick a "spec" shows up which has 3 trees pre picked and fills in all the points for you. On the bottom of that screen is a button to turn that off and you can then just pick what you want. But it sounds like you already picked you you could respec at a trainer turn it off and do it all manually.
    Those are just suggested paths, you can change them the moment you create a character.