Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cyclone about to be come dispellable?

Holinka just re-tweeted a 5 month old tweet from olivia grace,
    @Ghostcrawler @Hypnogypsy If you make Cyclone dispellable I will bake you a million cookies.
    possible they're about to do this, or holinka trolling again?

I don't think there's a need at all. In the current game cyclone isn't more powerful in any druid spec's arsenal than fear is in a warlock's toolkit.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-06-29 at 06:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

yeaah i don't think the problem with ferals is cyclone, it's the immunity to roots/snares + 30 second duration burst cooldown. but that's another topic.
    this also nerfs resto/boomkin too, if holinka isn't just trolling, hm...

The cyclone change for feral was flat out dumb. Resto druids aren't defining teams the way disc is and balance isn't as absurd as other hybrids. Feral certainly needs to be nerfed in some way or another but cyclone isn't it.

It's a change for the sake of change and nothing else. And if it happens it would be for nothing but the worse in the current game.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Good change. Silly it lasted this long, especially in a post dispel nerf world. They should make it break on damage while they are at it.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Good change. Silly it lasted this long, especially in a post dispel nerf world. They should make it break on damage while they are at it.
    it hasn't happened yet, it just seems like it will because holinka tweeted a 5 month old message about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't think there's a need at all. In the current game cyclone isn't more powerful in any druid spec's arsenal than fear is in a warlock's toolkit.
    Are you serious? Cyclone is one of the most irritating and piss annoying forms of Crowd Control there is! Sure, Fear is a pain in the ass and is infuriating, but I'd rather see Cyclone nerfed and fear buffed if that is what it took!

Whoever decided giving Feral an instant Cyclone was a good idea, needs to enjoy a nice glass of chardonnay

Please refrain from threats toward game developers, I know you weren't serious, but it's still inappropriate.

- Yvaelle.

---------- Post added 2013-06-29 at 10:21 PM ----------
    Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    More homogenization, who would have thought.
    How is it homogensiation, when it is balancing the game? Cyclone is still completely and utterly unique in every aspect, from the way it operates, even down to its animation. Having it dispellable does not remove any aspect of the spell that makes it feel like a Druid ability, but does make a big change in quality of life.

At the high point when each class was almost entirely unique, the game was total shit. Today, the classes need to be made more unique in different ways, rather then by silly overpowering mechanics.
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2013-06-30 at 05:24 AM.

If Cyclone becomes dispellable then the PS change should be reverted while keeping Cyclone spammable for all Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    yeaah i don't think the problem with ferals is cyclone, it's the immunity to roots/snares + 30 second duration burst cooldown. but that's another topic.
    this also nerfs resto/boomkin too, if holinka isn't just trolling, hm...
    Because boomkins need even bigger nerfs to pvp, with the already DR nerf, and the rare casting of cyclone with people on them.
    I really doubt they would, unless of course they dont want boomies to pvp which is getting more clearer.
    Anyway overall if they make it dispellable, they might as well make cyclone a longer CC such as a poly, or a fear at 9seconds first cast, and longer range

Edit: Also if they made it break on dmg, Why exactly would it matter? No one dps's when people cyclone someone and even then you would be able to lose ~200-300k hp before it actually breaks ^^

I hope it happens, ferals shouldn't be allowed in arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Deleted
    Good, the spell has been bonkers for too long.

10+ Year Old Account
    unless of course they dont want boomies to pvp which is getting more clearer.
    I hope that's the case. Game has not improved since Blizzard starting toying with making the off specs viable.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    I hope that's the case. Game has not improved since Blizzard starting toying with making the off specs viable.
    Theyve never tried to make balance viable, Only the opposite ofc. Pvp will be bad even if theirs 2 specs to balance. Nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    If Cyclone becomes dispellable then the PS change should be reverted while keeping Cyclone spammable for all Druids.
    This. All this change will really do will make it so clone isn't a strong peel anymore. As feral/boomkin in 5.4, your clone will get ranged by healers and dispelled from DPS (if you don't get kicked that is).

Blizzard really needs to decide on which direction they want to take cyclone. They can't have it both dispellable AND casted for Ferals/Boomers. It'd go from being one of the most interesting / potent CCs in the game to being the worst in one patch.

A 6s duration single target dispellable CC with a poor range and an average cast time? No thanks.

Maybe it was just Holinka trolling us all, though.

-------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just went digging, Holinka retweeted the wrong tweet, it was meant to be about cross-realm arenas. No plans to make cyclone dispellable by the looks of it. Trollinka strikes again.

https://twitter.com/holinka/status/351105439687131137
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-06-30 at 01:50 AM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think the ferals cyclone nerf was totaly unnecessary. and i dont even have a feral!
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    On my elemental shaman it is impossible to kite a feral druid. Being able to get out of roots/slow, feral charge + skullbash as gap closers (+ displacer beast), being immune to sheep/hex is just too much mobility. The instant cyclone really isn't the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yehyehyehyeh View Post
    On my elemental shaman it is impossible to kite a feral druid. Being able to get out of roots/slow, feral charge + skullbash as gap closers (+ displacer beast), being immune to sheep/hex is just too much mobility. The instant cyclone really isn't the problem.
    We also have to deal with hibernate/scare beast.

Which of course no one ever mentions, and what are some of the most played specs right now?

Hunter and Resto druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    We also have to deal with hibernate/scare beast.

Which of course no one ever mentions, and what are some of the most played specs right now?

Hunter and Resto druid.
    That's because it's not an equality outside low-end play. Every class has its CC outs and is strong against certain things, but no other class has passive immunity to anything. It's actually disgusting, because there's an absolute zero skill requirement to always avoid two classes' primary CC. In addition, ferals should almost never be hit by these beast-type CCs. Hibernate can be NS'd, but breaks on any damage and can't remove dots (making it far weaker than the polymorph and hex it's supposed to replace). Scare beast always requires casting, and ferals have no excuse for being hit by it. While other classes' CC avoidance can sometimes get gcd-locked, ferals can always cancelaura their cat form with no limitations.

Yeah, I hear ferals cry about scare beast and hibernate all the time. Speaking as a resto druid, I find it hardly ever a good time to cast hibernate. If I had a glyph to remove dots then yeah I would cast it all the time, but as it is normally it is a waste of a GCD to even try. The times when it would be a good idea are generally also the times that a feral is re-stealthing and I would rather spend hte gcd putting up fairie fire to stop the restealth than try for a CC.

As for scare beast, well damn the hunter has to cast that and it takes forever to cast. So not only are you able to just cancelform while on GCD, you can wait until he is almost at the end of the cast and you are in effect CCing him. I have actually played 1v1s in random bgs (I know I know) where a hunter just spam casts scare beast only to get shifted at the very end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    i was going to say exactly that. +1