Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Reading lots of Mangas.
    Posts
    1,869
    1. I cannot keep up with the schedules the guilds demand. Because sometimes it's exams or just chilling with friends, training, going to parties etc.
    2. Most guilds demand applications which I refuse to do.
    Mainly it's point 1.

  2. #182
    I'm not bothered by the applications bit, it will only screen out the complete total idiot who answers questions like this;

    1. Please let us know if you have raided in the past and what experience you have.
    A: yes!
    2. Which nights of the week can you raid?
    A: yes!!!!1!
    3. What class and spec do you play?
    A: dps!
    4. Let us know how to contact you in reply to your application.
    A: okAy!

    Anyone else can fill out an application and be seriously considered, if you have ever been denied with a good application it was more than likely that you just didnt fit the times for raids or they had too many of your spec as it was.

    I do have to say that I belong in a really cool raiding group, its a casual group that raids 2 nights a week for 4 hours a night and we don't play loot games. Everyone has a fair shot, we just want to raid and have fun with it. I'm sorry everyone seems to be running into douchebag Guilds and its driving them away from a bad end game experience.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm not bothered by the applications bit, it will only screen out the complete total idiot who answers questions like this;

    1. Please let us know if you have raided in the past and what experience you have.
    A: yes!
    2. Which nights of the week can you raid?
    A: yes!!!!1!
    3. What class and spec do you play?
    A: dps!
    4. Let us know how to contact you in reply to your application.
    A: okAy!

    Anyone else can fill out an application and be seriously considered, if you have ever been denied with a good application it was more than likely that you just didnt fit the times for raids or they had too many of your spec as it was.

    I do have to say that I belong in a really cool raiding group, its a casual group that raids 2 nights a week for 4 hours a night and we don't play loot games. Everyone has a fair shot, we just want to raid and have fun with it. I'm sorry everyone seems to be running into douchebag Guilds and its driving them away from a bad end game experience.
    Who says that applicant can't be the most skilled player in WoW?

    I mean, on my hardcore raiding times, we did got those applications and we gave them a shot. They were all good players, some of them ended up being raid leaders.

    The thing is I also saw the opposite with some friends, that got rejected just because it didn't filled one of the ridiculous camps of a raiding guild. And it weren't few like that.
    Last edited by Tauror; 2013-06-22 at 08:20 PM.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Who says that applicant can't be the most skilled player in WoW?
    Raiding is a social activity, and as such, 'ingame performance' is only a portion of what you call 'skill'. Communication and Work-Ethic are *major* aspects of a skilled raider. The fact that you would allow someone who can't even communicate their class & spec to lead raids speaks volumes of the sort of 'raiding guilds' you've been in. If anything, it goes to show how many guilds that use applications, gain nothing from them.

  5. #185
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    that got rejected just because it didn't filled one of the ridiculous camps of a raiding guild. And it weren't few like that.
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.

  6. #186
    Free loot in 30min, get every reward what hc raiders get while afking.

    Act like they have done same thing. even though lfr is nothing close to real raiding - more like hc scenario.
    LFR degrade wow community.

  7. #187
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.
    You know I see people talking like this in trade chat all the time. "What boss drops that mount that I need for food buff rotation or is it behind Lay on Hands" i'm usually behind on internet meme's but i'm pretty sure it's one.

    --

    If I had to guess I would say it translates to: They got rejected just because they couldn't meet the ridiculous requirements of the raiding guild and a few were like that.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2013-06-22 at 08:46 PM.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Free loot in 30min, get every reward what hc raiders get while afking.

    Act like they have done same thing. even though lfr is nothing close to real raiding - more like hc scenario.
    LFR degrade wow community.
    Come back when you've done the solo quest portions of the Legendary quest line, successfully, with no problems, 1-5 attempts tops, in LFR/Valor only gear, and nothing else. Specifically, the Celestial Challenge part. Come on, I dare you. An avg ilevel of about 517 is all you are allowed. And no, that doesn't mean use a Heroic Thunderforged weapon and lower other gear. Nothing can be over 522 base ilevel, and those that are 522 must be VP-sold, or crafted/world boss drops.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  9. #189
    For me it's that i don't like to schedule my gaming, if there's a good movie on (Or anything else comes up that's more fun/important), i want to be able to log off and go do that without getting chewed out by total strangers later on.

    And it cuts out drama (loot- and otherwise), cancelled raids, guild-churn (or getting benched), guild politics in general, ridiculously involved applications, and lots of other stuff lots of people just can't be bothered with anymore...

  10. #190
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Come back when you've done the solo quest portions of the Legendary quest line, successfully, with no problems, 1-5 attempts tops, in LFR/Valor only gear, and nothing else. Specifically, the Celestial Challenge part. Come on, I dare you. An avg ilevel of about 517 is all you are allowed. And no, that doesn't mean use a Heroic Thunderforged weapon and lower other gear. Nothing can be over 522 base ilevel, and those that are 522 must be VP-sold, or crafted/world boss drops.
    I did it as healer at 500ish ilvl. It was... interesting

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Come back when you've done the solo quest portions of the Legendary quest line, successfully, with no problems, 1-5 attempts tops, in LFR/Valor only gear, and nothing else. Specifically, the Celestial Challenge part. Come on, I dare you. An avg ilevel of about 517 is all you are allowed. And no, that doesn't mean use a Heroic Thunderforged weapon and lower other gear. Nothing can be over 522 base ilevel, and those that are 522 must be VP-sold, or crafted/world boss drops.
    I have no clue what you're talking about just started getting the ... quest drops from ToT this week. Is this hard? Reading the guides it doesn't seem like it would be any more difficult than the green fire scenario.

  12. #192
    High Overlord Coyrww's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    106
    Towards the end of Cata, a few of my small 10 man guild suffered burn out and took breaks some of them were permanent. Between then and the start of MoP my work commitments changed dramatically with a couple of promotions and this meant i couldn't give enough of my time to rebuild the guild again or continue raid leading 2-3 times a week. MoP hasn't grabbed me either and I find myself not logging in for weeks.

    I do find that doing the odd LFR covers what i need or can commit to at this time.

    That said "if" i could find a guild that could fit my needs then I would join as a regular member (I mean without any leadership responsibilities which I have had for near on 6 years). A bit of a problem on Thunderhorn EU which has died quite spectacularly over the last 12 months.

  13. #193
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,547
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They don't. Most LFR raiders are people who never bothered to raid before.

    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...76049990012928
    I dare say this was an unintended side effect, but many people I know (me included) gave up normal raiding for the ease, flexability of LFR. Maybe their goal was to get people that never raided before to try - but they definitely cut back the people that raided normal with LFR. Many just do both... I can't be bothered with what regular raiding required when the context is a video game.

  14. #194
    My work schedule is really random and I do not have time to adhere to any kind of raiding schedule. Especially when classes are going on. I don't really do LFR that much either because I don't really find that fun, but hey. Better than nothing, I suppose.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I dare say this was an unintended side effect, but many people I know (me included) gave up normal raiding for the ease, flexability of LFR. Maybe their goal was to get people that never raided before to try - but they definitely cut back the people that raided normal with LFR. Many just do both... I can't be bothered with what regular raiding required when the context is a video game.
    Good for you, no?

    You have a game mode that fits your preferences and lifestyle better than regular raiding.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.
    I'm tired and my dyslexia got the better of me.

    What I meant was I know former hardcore raiders that were rejected for the simple fact of not writing one of those ridiculous fields of quite a few guild applications. Especially personal life stuff.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Raiding is a social activity, and as such, 'ingame performance' is only a portion of what you call 'skill'. Communication and Work-Ethic are *major* aspects of a skilled raider. The fact that you would allow someone who can't even communicate their class & spec to lead raids speaks volumes of the sort of 'raiding guilds' you've been in. If anything, it goes to show how many guilds that use applications, gain nothing from them.
    Yet, it turns to be completely wrong. We got good applications from awful players and bad applications from great players.

    At the end of the day, a form on an internet page doesn't really tell much of that person as a player or simple as a person.

  17. #197
    Warchief Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,166
    I race changed and didn't have a guild to raid with. I did LFR for that reason. There have also been times where my schedule fluctuates and I can't meet the guild's raid schedule. So, I do LFR.

    Now, I am raiding 10 man but still do LFR as a means to gear up an alt (without having to take the place of one of our main raiders... IE, not being carried) or to farm Valor.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'm tired and my dyslexia got the better of me.

    What I meant was I know former hardcore raiders that were rejected for the simple fact of not writing one of those ridiculous fields of quite a few guild applications. Especially personal life stuff.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM ----------



    Yet, it turns to be completely wrong. We got good applications from awful players and bad applications from great players.

    At the end of the day, a form on an internet page doesn't really tell much of that person as a player or simple as a person.
    All I can tell you is that you shouldn't let an application stand in your way of a guild if it is what you want.

    Sometimes the application is meant to keep out people who are afraid of effort. For example many cat adoption people want you to agree to letting them come to your home when ever they want to make sure the cat is okay and fine you if you they are not but are they really going to do it? No, they don't have time for that, the point is that if you are not serious about caring for a cat or fear being caught treating a cat bad you won't sign the agreement.

  19. #199
    Dreadlord Vynistra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Salem, OR
    Posts
    850
    Why I do LFR over normal/heroic raiding?

    1. Time constraints, I have a constantly fluctuating schedule.
    2. Medical condition might interrupt even when I could plan.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Why it's so hard to answer to OP with "I do LFR because I like it!"?

    I DO LFR because I like it. It's perfect for me and my personal satisfaction. And even with all the reasons (I know then, my schedule is random as fuck and I got tired of hardcore raiding), they don't really matter because they concern only to ourselves and no one else. It's not that the game doesn't give everyone choices, but NO ONE has to say a word about MY choice. Simple as that.

    Some day people will start understanding that we should concern about bigger issues and not what so other guy/girl do with their pleasure time.
    I like it too

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •