Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,056
    For me it came down to a few small things, i want to raid when i want and i'm in the mood, not when other people specify. At the begining of the week i might be looking forward to a raid on friday night, but by the time it gets to that point most of the time i didn't want to. Also once i've put down a raid date and said i'm going it's annoying because i can't do anything else. If a friend wants to go to the cinema, i can't, if a new game has come out i can't play it, etc.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

    Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

    And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    I never "abandoned" anything for LFR. The guild I was originally in moved on. Now I just dont want to have a schedule to be online anymore. Used to raid 5 nights a week, then 4, and now I might raid once a week and it is never even a full clear. I only did LFR to improve my gear and see what the new content is to an extend. Dont get me wrong I do miss raiding with a raiding guild and I especially miss being able to obtain heroic gear....but....I just dont really care to take the time to do it anymore. I love WoW- been playing it on and off since vanilla so I dont just want to leave the game so....I do a bit of LFR and a pug run when I can. Just how it is after playing this game for so long.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-22 at 10:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    Free loot in 30min, get every reward what hc raiders get while afking.

    Act like they have done same thing. even though lfr is nothing close to real raiding - more like hc scenario.
    LFR degrade wow community.
    LFR does NOT get the same rewards as HC raiders. 502 gear vs 535 gear, right? BIG difference. LFR doesn't degrade the community like you say it does. It offers people like me who do not want to contort to a raid schedule so that I can still experience the content and get new gear...gear which is inferior to normal and HC gear- so why even bother making the comparison?
    Free loot? Yeah....if RNG is on your side. Normal modes for that matter aren't that difficult either so by those stanards HC raiders can say that normal mode guys try to act like they have done the same "thing" as Heroic raiders. Everyone has there own flavor dude- not everybody likes the same thing.

    You know what HC raiding did for me? Nothing. It ate up my time and my week. I put off friends and family to raid- only to have another x-pac come out and invalidate everything I had just done. Most people don't even know what the "Hand of A'dal" title is or the Amani Warbear. Those things took skill and effort in TBC- now they mean nothing the guild i was in and all the friends I made...all gone. So with nobody to play with, no will to allow myself to be on anymore raid schedules, I stick to LFR and control the game- rather then letting it control me.
    Last edited by Xires; 2013-06-22 at 10:55 PM.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Most people don't even know what the "Hand of A'dal" title is or the Amani Warbear. Those things took skill and effort in TBC- now they mean nothing the guild i was in and all the friends I made...all gone. So with nobody to play with, no will to allow myself to be on anymore raid schedules, I stick to LFR and control the game- rather then letting it control me.
    lol I used to think that warbear was so cool and that title as well but yea they are just another face in the crowd now.

  4. #204
    Personally I don't have a schedule that allows me to raid. Beside working, I have a lot of stuff going on at evenings that makes my free time little and, most of all, irregular. That is why I'm focusing on LFR now, I can do that in a short time and whenever I can.
    I could probably find more than one guild willing to take me in for a raid team (my own guild has asked me to enter the team more than once already instead of being just a social member), but I don't like being unable to provide a reliable schedule so people know when they can count on me. If I still had time I would probably be doing heroic progression right now, had been there for years, but as things are... I can't.
    Life goes on, free time changes, people adapt and so do games. I don't like the idea of LFR being a "free mode", but I admit it's great for those who like raiding but can't afford a schedule like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  5. #205
    Pandaren Monk sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,848
    I've really gotten to the point where I don't care enough to devote the time to raid anymore, there are other ways I'd rather spend my time in game. LFR is a fine alternative to see the content and work on the legendary, without making me meet raid times or anything. I used to raid pretty heavily, but either the game has changed or I have and I don't find the same draw and enjoyment in it that I used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb
    trust me, i would rather live next to an active volcano than reveal my internet history of porn
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You can add other stuff and still called it a grilled cheese, it's an american thing, but getting butt hurt over it means you have way too much free time and you should be using it to be making more grilled cheese.

  6. #206
    Stood in the Fire raist474's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A desert
    Posts
    383
    Mainly its because of my lack of availability.

    1. I work a graveyard shift. Not many guilds raid in the morning, and that's if I don't work late.

    2. I'm military, so I vanish for months at a time occasionally. Sometimes I can't even say when or if I'll return.

    3. I don't want to deal with kids.

    4. I have no interest in filling out a application or going through a review process that makes enlisting look easy.

    5. I don't want to get a leadership role thrown at me.

    6. #%@^ing kiddies.

  7. #207
    I had to stop raiding "progress" in my world 240 guild back when heart of fear was released due to my firstborn child and work. now that i can spare more time lateley i resuscribed. the obvious question was "how do you want to continue?" i could either run casual or step back into my mainraid. but honestly, theres no tempting reason to step back in:
    you can see the whole content by afking instead of spending 25ish hours a week so why would i dedicate so much time?
    (theres obv a difference between lfr and hc but still, bosses havent changed their 30ish abilities since bc so what "exciting" mechanics would drive me back?

    i get the same gear me guildies do. its obviously of lower itemlevel but why would it matter to me? so i can kill the average npc in 8 instead of 9 seconds?

    titles and mounts? ive got like 30 titles and 180 mounts.. ever since i got my spectral kitteh and invincible i never used another mount. and titles are just pointless. you have to zoom in so close to recognize them. also camelhoarder is the best

    what i also find very interesting is that i can enjoy the game much more now. always felt like i miss something: the you could or should progress faster mentality is gone.

  8. #208
    As someone who is now trying to start MOP raiding with our guild, it turns out that a lot of people are "pro-raiding" until it comes to actually dedicating time to it. With so many people having children of age < 10 (raiding is definitely NOT compatible with taking care of a child younger than 10), multiple jobs to make ends meet, jobs with > 40 hours, and 24/7 on-call work situations, getting people to be able to fully commit to raiding is not so easy.

    As someone else said: Either schedule 10 people, risking not being able to raid many days due to someone not being able to make it, or schedule 13 people and have to tell 3 they cannot raid. For hard core players that value raiding above all, the obvious solution is to schedule 13 and have 3 hang out in case someone has to leave, and being one of the three is just part of the game. For a lot of people, this is sufficient reason all by itself to stick to questing, scenarios, and at most LFR.

    Hopefully, at least this last problem is solved by the new "scalable raids". This would never work for hard core people because they would exploit the number of people needed to make raids easier (ie 15 might be much easier than 16 as they went from 2 to 3 of a particular add). But since scalable raiding is for non hard cores (easier than normal raiding, i.e. not real entertaining for hard cores), this problem is not really an issue. For non hard cores, we need to out-gear the encounter enough so that these sorts of things just really don't matter so much.

  9. #209
    I think this thread has done an amazing job of summing up why people will choose lfr over a raiding guild.

    Many of us simply don't have the time or energy we had we were younger, and Blizzard is holding on to it's long term customers. I played the original warcraft when it came out. I was 14 years old. I'm in my mid 30s now. Blizz knows the value of holding on to my generation which is a huge part of why LFR exists.

    LFR might be filled with extremely bad players (I've seen my fair share, not going to lie!). But it is also filled with people with heart, people who love the franchise, people who want to see content... but honestly can't devote time to a raiding guild schedule.

    It lets us play the game on our own terms, at our own pace. And I salute Blizz for it. I think flex raiding also sounds amazing which some friends and I may try out.

  10. #210
    The Lightbringer Vellerix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    3,094
    My transition into LFR just sort of happened, for a long time in cata I continued to raid with my guild in normal modes when LFR came out, but once that guild was no longer active, I dunno, I kinda just stopped raiding normals.

    I think I can attribute this to my love of alts, I have 11 characters at max level, or well, kinda, I'm at 8 x 90 and 3x 85 atm, this ofcourse leaves precious little time for lots of normal raiding, I like to play all of my characters and I guess LFR just suits that perfectly, I can do all of my runs on all of my characters.

    I still do the odd PuG whenever I can get one, but for people with a lot of characters like me, LFR really fits the bill, it has it's problems yes, but it sure beats trying to get all of those characters raiding with guilds.

  11. #211
    Why do I LFR?

    Because I have better things to do with my limited time than deal with elitist idiots...
    Because I can choose my spec and class...
    Because my progress will not be stopped by one or more idiots in my guild...
    Because standing around outside an instance waiting for slow people is not fun...
    Because guild drama is annoying...
    Because I don't like being told what addons I need to function...

    How many answers do I really need? The majority of raiders are not anywhere as good as they think they are... if they where they would all have heroic ToT cleared by now and most don't. I play MMOs to chat with friends and kill dragons. I can do that in LFR with a lot less stress.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    I think one thing he is right, rewards in LFR are too great, its not the ilvl, its the itemization. Itens like Horridon´s Last Grasp, Wushoolay, Breath of hydra are too good to be in LFR. There should and will be Normal/Heroic exclusive itens. Blizzard already sad that.
    About ilvl, 20 ilvls is much more then you think, its 1 and half tier. My Disc Priest alt have 17,5k int with 504 ilvl. My Resto Druid main, have 27k int with 533 ilvl, its a huge diference with thundergorged itens and stuff.

    Some people really can´t fit a schedule and are too busy. Most people just can´t find a guild, cause are too lazy or simple don´t care, as i already said, there are guilds that raid 8-9 hours/week with good/perfect heroic progression. Guilds that raid 2 days/week and are already 13/13H.
    I just took the lazy version and went with sims for the diffrence in that ilvl.
    But you say the diffrence is bigger than i think, and yet that the rewards are too big? I overall think it's fine. Even a failed raider will do more than a good lfr-raider if they clear content

    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Would be interesting to see what the age range to all this is

    I get the feeling old gits like me in the over 30 range are prolly more pro LFR than people in the teens to twenties range

    Nearly every reply has been its cause of work or other life commitments like my response so i really would guess that age has alot to do with it
    Being good 30 myself, but yes.
    Having one you live with, kids and work can limit your spare time a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post
    They would be silly to care then, since LFR was not even open. LFR is released after normal and heroic, and even after flex in the future.

    ---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:25 AM ----------



    Killing raid bosses inside a raid instance while in a raid group. Sorry but that is raiding. It's sort of like saying a pick up game of street basketball is not real basketball. It's not the NBA, but it is still basketball.
    Agreeing with the first.
    The other is like cramming a piece of paper into a ball and throw it in the paper bin and then call it basketball.

    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Why do I LFR?

    Because I have better things to do with my limited time than deal with elitist idiots...
    Because I can choose my spec and class...
    Because my progress will not be stopped by one or more idiots in my guild...
    Because standing around outside an instance waiting for slow people is not fun...
    Because guild drama is annoying...
    Because I don't like being told what addons I need to function...

    How many answers do I really need? The majority of raiders are not anywhere as good as they think they are... if they where they would all have heroic ToT cleared by now and most don't. I play MMOs to chat with friends and kill dragons. I can do that in LFR with a lot less stress.
    It's all about the people you find.
    Just like you often will find lfr with lfr-heroes feeling superior because they see themself as awesome because they do more dps then half the raid.
    You will find idiots in lfr, normal and HCs.
    The advantage to normal/HC is you can actually pick the kind you want to raid with, if you have the time
    While you can leave lfr, you never know if next lfr will be better or worse.
    Waiting for people? We're a few that summons when all are gathered. It's basically just like waiting for lfr for those taking summons.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  13. #213
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,933
    I can only speak for myself here, but it's a combination of two reasons. The first is that I play WoW to chill, enjoy my evening, and knock down the forces of evil while rocking out to Alice Cooper or Pat Benatar or something. Normal and Heroic are a bit too demanding for my playstyle, and that's fine. The second, more important one, is because I am neurologically incapable of the reaction times and multitasking needed for Normal or Heroic these days. This was different until 2008 when I got into not one, but two serious car accidents that have impacted my reaction time and ability to focus on more than a couple tasks at hand.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  14. #214
    Brewmaster Cherrypowdah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    1,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Golden Age of raiding god I hope your just stating your opinion and not saying to say that is a fact because ill really LOL really hard.

    Before I left wow I only did LFR because I was tired of the guild drama and normally being the one who had to run the raid even tho I stated many times I did not want to.

    In LFR you can Ignore all the people in a guild run or even a pug run you can not ignore the other 9/24 people and that to me is a blessing.

    Also believe it or not LFR is fun for a lot of people.

    Also one reason I stopped trying to join raiding guilds was because they wanted me to go to there guild website and full out a apt....this is not a job this is a game.
    Then dont join a guild that's too ''serious'' for you, I personally would never be able to play with people who do not take this game as seriously as I do / not putting the game and heroic progress above everything.

  15. #215
    Bloodsail Admiral spaace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,112
    The real reason people choose LFR is because they aren't good enough at the game to play.. and don't understand what a raider is..


    "I can't find a guild..." is a terrible excuse... there are guilds everywhere, at all times, all needs.. You just need to find it, if you really want it. And KNOW what you're getting in to.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

  16. #216
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,241
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

    Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

    And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    And in the raid guilds you have:
    - ridiculous application process, that makes you feel like applying for a job.
    - overbearing, power-tripping officers.
    - schedule.
    - Coming on time and waiting for 30 minutes for everyone else to be on.
    - Drama.
    - Waiting for some guy explaining strategy before every fight in a monotone nasal voice, even if 90% of the raid already know it.
    - Loot rules.
    - People tell you to change your playstyle dramatically to get 1% dps increase.
    - Being sat every other week because there's like 5 mages in your guild already.
    - Wiping on a boss 7 times a night because one moron can't figure out a simple mechanic.
    I mean, do you see it, OP, or do I need to name MORE reasons why I never want to go back to "organized" raiding?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  17. #217
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,092
    LFR is relaxed, easier, and most importantly not tied to schedule. You can queue whenever you feel like it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  18. #218
    Dreadlord Teebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    "Sunny" Florida
    Posts
    820
    My reason is the same as a lot of people: I can play a lot, but my chaotic work schedule does not allow me to be on at any set time. Sure, I could be in an H25 guild, I was way back in LK. But what guild would want someone who can't commit to certain raid times every single week? And what guild would tailor their schedules for one person? I play enough to equal the time of a hardcore raider, but the times I can play aren't the same every day.

  19. #219
    Pandaren Monk Otiswhitaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,773
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    The real reason people choose LFR is because they aren't good enough at the game to play.. and don't understand what a raider is..


    "I can't find a guild..." is a terrible excuse... there are guilds everywhere, at all times, all needs.. You just need to find it, if you really want it. And KNOW what you're getting in to.
    That's not at all why I choose that. Stop putting words in people's mouths to defend your hobby of choice, and please, for the love of holy god, remember this is a just a game :x

  20. #220
    I think the real question is why in the world would anyone NOT choose LFR?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •