Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been raiding now for the better part of 9 years between various MMOs (including almost 5 years in WoW). Then sometime in March, I had an amazing opportunity open up and took it. For the past 3 months I found that I just couldn't pull off the raid schedule for my team anymore (that coupled with the annoyance of trying to raid on Stormrage with its 1000+ queues only to be sat for 2.5 hours when I did get in). I had already completed ToT and didn't care if I missed a heroic clear this tier, so I switched to doing LFR when I had the time. I switched my focus to brawlers guild, pet battling and leveling alts to take a break for a bit. Now I'm going to try and have some fun with the game and perhaps raid with a new group instead of worrying about competing for any rankings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going on raids in serious raiding guilds is often like a JOB. I just dont like fixed Schedules and responsibility in my GAMES ... For that i have Real Life

The thing is WoW is not one of those games that appeals to a lot of people.
    It's old graphics and the gameplay is outdated.

Players are use to more visceral combat that's more grounded in physics. Leveling up isn't that exciting anymore because you have 90 levels to go through.
    It's like Basketball games VS Soccer. Which points do you think are valued more?

Overall it's a shallow game without challenge or giving you a sense of achievement. The game's engine is just too old to do anything compelling that other AAA titles can offer.
    So if you go the path that every other game is going without all the technology and IGNORING what niche you had over other games?
    You're bound to sink.
    Luckily this game only needs what, 1 million to maintain profitable?

I have a 13 month old child. My first one. I have no idea if I'll even be able to log in tonight and that's not fair to my guild. So I'm a lfr hero because no one cares if I drop after the second boss to change a diaper. I can raid 3.bosses a night or raid at 5pm my time on Thursday and then 8 am Saturday.

Let heroics give mounts and +100 ilevel gear and fucking sparklers, let me only get access 6 weeks after everyone else... But lfr is fun for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noted without much comment:

http://blessingofkings.blogspot.com/...6/why-lfr.html

This thread got noticed at Blessing of Kings.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The worst fights of my life have been over the fact that I could not just walk away from a raid for 30 minutes to do something my wife wanted done.
    This.

Not being able to walk away from your computer when you have to is why i don't raid anymore.

I've had huge fights in the past over that.

And really, as corny as it sounds, when you stop hardcore raiding the sense of freedom is amazing especially after doing it week in week out for 8 frickin years.

I miss it sometimes, mainly the people, i don't miss it having a claim on my nights.
    Last edited by DeiVias; 2014-10-24 at 04:26 AM.

Deleted
    I left my raiding guild becasue of lack of time to raid. I used to raid 3-4 times a week, between 20.00 to 00.00. I cant imagine right now spending that much time when i have other things to do. I wake up early to work so i cant afford sleeping only 5-6h. Then i had choice- quit Wow or witch to lfr. i chose lfr despite i hate it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nashud View Post
    Going on raids in serious raiding guilds is often like a JOB. I just dont like fixed Schedules and responsibility in my GAMES ... For that i have Real Life
    Is it sad that my job feels less rewarding than putting hard work into WoW? :P

So, that's a nice necro

I still do LFR because I can't stand scheduling playtime. I want to walk in and walk out whenever I feel like it, which you simply can't when you're in a guild doing organised raiding.

Mainly because of social anxiety. If I could somehow play with all people I'm comfortable with, without having to somehow slog through dealing with people who make me feel uncomfortable/whom are overly judgmental, I'd probably do it in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    I doubt they are the reasons for leaving raiding guilds. I think the raiding guilds needs review why the people join in the first place. It probably was not the social aspect. It was simply a need full filled. The guild needed people to raid. People needed guild to raid. There was a fit and so they come together and raid. But that was the only reason.

Now, with LFR, some of them do not need raiding guild anymore. They can raid on their own schedule, not others. They can leave when they want and not feel pressured by the others calling for one more attempt. Sure the gear is as good but for these people, they raided, they beat the boss, whether it is LFR, Normal, Heroic or Mythic. They do not really care. They play the game and is having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    Path of least resistance. If they feel like they are getting what the mythic raiders are getting on a guaranteed "i win" set of bosses, then naturally many players will choose the "i win" button instead of actually trying to play the game.

The excuse of "i cant fit it into my schedule" is just a cop out and has been debunked several times.

Deleted
    How do people even find such old threads?

That said: To me, being in a raid guild and having to deal with the stuff that comes with it is nothing short of very annoying. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Path of least resistance. If they feel like they are getting what the mythic raiders are getting on a guaranteed "i win" set of bosses, then naturally many players will choose the "i win" button instead of actually trying to play the game.

The excuse of "i cant fit it into my schedule" is just a cop out and has been debunked several times.

It is always interesting to hear your "opinion" on the subject of LFR. You are right, as always. Everyone wrong else is wrong. They just don't know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    How do people even find such old threads?

That said: To me, being in a raid guild and having to deal with the stuff that comes with it is nothing short of very annoying. /thread
    The thread was the subject of a blog post over at Blessings of Kings a few months ago. Maybe someone ported into the thread from there. On a more moderately note: as long as continued discussion is still on topic and relevant this is fine.

On topic: This is me more or less at this point. I choose not to be in a raiding guild. In the aggregate they are more trouble for me than they're worth and raiding no longer holds the center stage on my game. Jaylock's 'path of least resistance' post is some other player than I and I suspect there are many others that don't fit that profile.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I don't have time to raid for the most part it would be difficult for me to actually maintain a raid schedule and because I'm not a complete selfish asshole who would agree to and then miss raids often.

People that say they don't have time usually don't realize that they raid more hours than a lot of guilds clearing mythic. Wait 30-40 min in a queue that has a high chance of taking another hour or two or getting in at the last boss. Just spent 2 hours to kill 1 or 3 bosses of a 14 boss raid.

That or they have some social anxiety or fear of commitment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    People that say they don't have time usually don't realize that they raid more hours than a lot of guilds clearing mythic. Wait 30-40 min in a queue that has a high chance of taking another hour or two or getting in at the last boss. Just spent 2 hours to kill 1 or 3 bosses of a 14 boss raid.

That or they have some social anxiety or fear of commitment.
    Not having time often means not being able to commit to specific days and times of the week. Are there days or nights when time is available to sit in queue as a choice? Well, sure. Spending a couple of hours doing something on a Sunday morning when you have nothing else going on is a very different thing than Monday-Wednesday-Friday (as an example) starting at 7:30 realm time when there might be things you need or have to do.

It's the difference between choosing how you spend your time or letting someone else make that choice for you.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2014-10-24 at 04:12 PM.

I choose LFR because I don't have the time. I could make the time probably at the detriment to my personal life, but why should I LFR serves my purposes.

I raided for years with all the drama, no shows, roster problems and more loot drama. I've been there and done that and I don't feel the need to do that anymore. I had some great experiences, made some good friends, I have 3 realm firsts and loot to show for it.

LFR let me see the content and if I feel the need to do more I pug.

I raided in raiding guilds from Vanilla-Cata and treated it almost like a second job. LFR has been a way for me to see the content and still get the Tier gear without that level of commitment. Now that they are changing it so that only raid guilds get the Tier sets I will have to take on my second job again. Luckily, I have been invited back into my old raiding guild for WoD so I will try to make it work in my increasingly busy life...