Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I doubt a lot of people have left raiding specifically FOR LFR. I just rejoined the raiding community myself with my guild as a 10-man raider.
    Actually this is exactly me. I used to focus on normal (tiny bit of heroic) raiding while it was current content. I thought I was having fun, but taking some time away from that - I found that it was actually somewhat stressful progressing and even though I still felt a little goodness from finally downing a boss after two weeks of wipefests on that boss, it was all just getting old. Seeing the same people fail at the same mechanics...

LFR is just completely stress-free. Sure you can run into bad groups, bad players - but I just approach all this like a good comedy movie. I don't take raiding seriously anymore and I love that. And I know I am not alone with this change.

I was in a guild that farmed MC, ZG and AQ20 in Vanilla. When BC hit we as a guild blew chunks and couldn't do shit in Gruuls or Kara, I was afraid I wouldn't get to Illidan by the end of the expansion (even though it was only like two months old at that point) so I jumped ship for a raiding guild.

If that guild were still around I'd probably be raiding now, but it disbanded in Cata. I miss the shitty guild more though; the people were cooler, the friends were better, the vent and guild chat was funnier, etc., even if the players weren't as good.

That's why I'm sticking with my current guild. We're not raiding at the moment, but the people are cooler than I'm going to find in any raid guild, plus they're my friends. We've been talking about putting a 10 man group together for... a long time now, and finally making some progress, might actually happen in a month or so. But I don't care if we end up being super all stars or the worst 10 man in the world. My guild, my friends; raiding isn't important in comparison to that. So without LFR, in my situation, I simply wouldn't raid.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-06-22 at 01:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well. I do LFR, but I don't really like it ... it feels too much like fighting 16 Patchwerk bosses in a row, standing still and nuke the shit out of them while they slowly, slowly... too slowly creep towards dieing. The main reason I do it is because it's the only form of progression PvE that is available for people who just want to be able to queue for something instead of having to commit to a shedule.

If they would let us queue for normal or heroic mode raidbosses I'd be doing that instead.
    I do understand and I feel the same way, but considering all the circumstances, I do like the LFR for what it opens for me, the chance to raid when I want and have time.

Deleted
    Mmm, people seem to have plenty of bad experiences with raiding guilds. Don't know why though. I've been in three hardcore raiding guilds and all of them had no drama, no loot whores, no GM/officer god-complex and no raging and/or yelling raid leaders. All of them have been pleasant experiences. Maybe I'm just lucky, or people are joining those raid-5-days-a-week-and-still-can't-get-past-4/12-ToT-normal-who-advertise-in-trade-chat-with-caps guilds...

And about the "job applications", it is a basic necessity, without it recruiting good players would become a nightmare.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-06-22 at 02:38 PM.

Choosing when you raid is a dream. The problem is you're still not "raiding."

There's none of the excitement, the thrill, the anticipation or sense of accomplishment of working with a team attacking this challenge.

I wish I could log in whenever and instantly have 24 other players online ready to raid. And when I feel like it I can log off and they'll just wait for me.
    But it's impossible.
    So "raiding" whenever you want is an oxymoron.
    You can get loot whenever you want, sure.
    You can kill the bosses whenever you want, sure.
    But you're not raiding in the same way that keeps players interested week after week.

I am one of the best geared Death Knights on my server, and I generally outDPS the ones that are better geared. I'm pretty good at this game, and have been part of progression raiding since Ulduar.

I am also in a guild that has basically fallen apart, and my options for normal raiding right now are to attempt to rebuild the guild for the 20th time, try to find a new guild that fits my time and ability to raid, or run LFR (Though now that I have my cloak, I'm pretty well retired there as well.) Sometimes you can fit the criteria for normal raiding and not have the outlet. LFR, for all its flaws, is a godsend then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Why it's so hard to answer to OP with "I do LFR because I like it!"?

I DO LFR because I like it. It's perfect for me and my personal satisfaction. And even with all the reasons (I know then, my schedule is random as fuck and I got tired of hardcore raiding), they don't really matter because they concern only to ourselves and no one else. It's not that the game doesn't give everyone choices, but NO ONE has to say a word about MY choice. Simple as that.

Some day people will start understanding that we should concern about bigger issues and not what so other guy/girl do with their pleasure time.
    The question is not "Why do you do LFR?", the question is, "If Raiding guilds are so "awesome better content" then why do people choose to do LFR instead when it comes with all the mentioned potential problems?"

From the answers so far it seems to be one of two answers, either they don't have the time to raid or the raiding guilds are so awful that LFR in contrast is a better option for a persons in game time.

If the problem is no time for scheduled raids then raiding guilds can't use these people and you just have a bunch of people with nothing to do past dailies and 5 man content. They will quit.

If the problem is badly behaving Raid Guilds then the only solution is to improve the guild communities from the inside which will require "Raiding Baddies" to become self-introspective and correct their bad behavior. If anything elitist raiders have themselves to blame for LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I left raiding long ago after raiding through OG*, BC and most of LK because I was tired of scheduling my life around a game and dealing with petty guild politics and loot drama.

It is only since LFR came into the game that I have returned to raiding, I'm having lots of fun in a low stress, on my schedule, raiding environment. No plans at all to join another raid guild, though I might join up with a regular flex group once flex is released.

*Original Game, hate the term vanilla
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by constantduty View Post
    Having Kids and a Job means you're not that committed man. Never would have gotten yourself in that position if you had been serious about progression!
    This is the funniest post I've seen in a while

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    I think one thing he is right, rewards in LFR are too great, its not the ilvl, its the itemization. Itens like Horridon´s Last Grasp, Wushoolay, Breath of hydra are too good to be in LFR. There should and will be Normal/Heroic exclusive itens. Blizzard already sad that.
    About ilvl, 20 ilvls is much more then you think, its 1 and half tier. My Disc Priest alt have 17,5k int with 504 ilvl. My Resto Druid main, have 27k int with 533 ilvl, its a huge diference with thundergorged itens and stuff.

Some people really can´t fit a schedule and are too busy. Most people just can´t find a guild, cause are too lazy or simple don´t care, as i already said, there are guilds that raid 8-9 hours/week with good/perfect heroic progression. Guilds that raid 2 days/week and are already 13/13H.
    IF they make certain items exclusive to normal/flex I might have to screenshot the QQ. It's one thing when you mess with players abilities but you touch their gear and you're going to have trouble lol. If they stand firm and are like NO! You guys don't get it! Then they will have to make the encounters easy enough for people who will have blue trinkets the entire expansion because you aren't getting them to go in a normal or flex mode.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2013-06-22 at 05:18 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't. Most LFR raiders are people who never bothered to raid before.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...76049990012928

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Nobody who does normal or heroic modes is worried about what's going on in LFR, except for the first couple weeks of the expansion.

I think LFR is pretty much like everything else cross-realm, you know what you're getting into ahead of time, proceed with caution. Don't like it? Don't use it.
    They would be silly to care then, since LFR was not even open. LFR is released after normal and heroic, and even after flex in the future.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrSteveBrule View Post
    Choosing when you raid is a dream. The problem is you're still not "raiding."
    Killing raid bosses inside a raid instance while in a raid group. Sorry but that is raiding. It's sort of like saying a pick up game of street basketball is not real basketball. It's not the NBA, but it is still basketball.
    You thought the leaden winter would bring you down forever, But you rode upon a steamer to the violence of the sun...
    And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise, And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
    And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body, Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacotruck View Post

Killing raid bosses inside a raid instance while in a raid group. Sorry but that is raiding. It's sort of like saying a pick up game of street basketball is not real basketball. It's not the NBA, but it is still basketball.
    They are saying the experience is different. Sure your playing basketball but that sense camaraderie is not there along with others. Even PuG raiding has a different feel than LFR does.

I can't commit hours at a time to raiding due to my job. I only feel slightly bad if I have to leave LFR mid-fight or something.

And I can't seem to find a good guild to stay in with people I really enjoy playing with.

If your raid guild doesn't treat people like expendable cogs, it will lose out on progression and be ditched by its better players. So it's a choice of being a horrible person, or being a victim of the system. Screw that; at least I can live with myself in LFR.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. I cannot keep up with the schedules the guilds demand. Because sometimes it's exams or just chilling with friends, training, going to parties etc.
    2. Most guilds demand applications which I refuse to do.
    Mainly it's point 1.

I'm not bothered by the applications bit, it will only screen out the complete total idiot who answers questions like this;

1. Please let us know if you have raided in the past and what experience you have.
    A: yes!
    2. Which nights of the week can you raid?
    A: yes!!!!1!
    3. What class and spec do you play?
    A: dps!
    4. Let us know how to contact you in reply to your application.
    A: okAy!

Anyone else can fill out an application and be seriously considered, if you have ever been denied with a good application it was more than likely that you just didnt fit the times for raids or they had too many of your spec as it was.

I do have to say that I belong in a really cool raiding group, its a casual group that raids 2 nights a week for 4 hours a night and we don't play loot games. Everyone has a fair shot, we just want to raid and have fun with it. I'm sorry everyone seems to be running into douchebag Guilds and its driving them away from a bad end game experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm not bothered by the applications bit, it will only screen out the complete total idiot who answers questions like this;

1. Please let us know if you have raided in the past and what experience you have.
    A: yes!
    2. Which nights of the week can you raid?
    A: yes!!!!1!
    3. What class and spec do you play?
    A: dps!
    4. Let us know how to contact you in reply to your application.
    A: okAy!

Anyone else can fill out an application and be seriously considered, if you have ever been denied with a good application it was more than likely that you just didnt fit the times for raids or they had too many of your spec as it was.

I do have to say that I belong in a really cool raiding group, its a casual group that raids 2 nights a week for 4 hours a night and we don't play loot games. Everyone has a fair shot, we just want to raid and have fun with it. I'm sorry everyone seems to be running into douchebag Guilds and its driving them away from a bad end game experience.
    Who says that applicant can't be the most skilled player in WoW?

I mean, on my hardcore raiding times, we did got those applications and we gave them a shot. They were all good players, some of them ended up being raid leaders.

The thing is I also saw the opposite with some friends, that got rejected just because it didn't filled one of the ridiculous camps of a raiding guild. And it weren't few like that.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2013-06-22 at 08:20 PM.

Who says that applicant can't be the most skilled player in WoW?
    Raiding is a social activity, and as such, 'ingame performance' is only a portion of what you call 'skill'. Communication and Work-Ethic are *major* aspects of a skilled raider. The fact that you would allow someone who can't even communicate their class & spec to lead raids speaks volumes of the sort of 'raiding guilds' you've been in. If anything, it goes to show how many guilds that use applications, gain nothing from them.

that got rejected just because it didn't filled one of the ridiculous camps of a raiding guild. And it weren't few like that.
    I'm sorry but I can't understand what you mean by this to formulate a response.