Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    all that the OP listed happened (to me at least) more often in WotLK icc Pugs okay there are more AFK´ers but if you do it 2-3 days after ID reset you got lets say 75% good grps and get that stuff done fast for example last weeks durumu was down before the first beam and the last 2 wings (queued again with the same group) went down in 30 minutes

but maybe im just lucky with my groups

edit: OT LFR brought me back to raiding! i really liked ToT and wanted to see how the bosses are on normal and (hopefully next week. lei shen tonight!) heroic. my guild is pretty casual but the best thing of being in a raiding guild is the people (if they are not total jerks got that too a few times and that drove me away from raiding) youre raiding with, the social interaction and thats what i missed the most i suppose
    Last edited by Riordrian; 2013-06-24 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    The people who LFR is meant for wouldn't be doing normal modes anyway if LFR had never been implemented. It doesn't matter why people do LFR because it has no effect on you whatsoever. Like normal modes? Then go do them and leave the people in LFR alone.

I just have to say that these negatives the OP have shown are very extreme. most of all the LFR i have been to have been successfull, last night i was playing as a healer, we wiped 3X on durumu because people where still learning to dodge beams (including me), but we eventually cleared it, with 1 tank.

i only just began playing my heal specc recently. i have done everything in LFR successfully apart from the last wing (am yet to go there)

Yes, some LFR runs can be awfull, but OP you make it seem like every run is a nightmare.
    Last edited by tideki; 2013-06-24 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typos

That's some wonderful ironic sarcasm there, Deadman. 10/10, worth every second, would chuckle again.

As for me, I play at odd hours, I work full time as an IT tech (occasionally having to go to work at odd hours as well to fix issues with servers) and I also make money with drawings on my free time, so I just can't commit to an actual raiding schedule. Besides, I like the folks in my guild too much to leave them, I don't want to have to file an app just to join another guild, and honestly LFR is enough for me. At least the fights are quick enough that I don't have to slap myself awake midway through the bosses, because doing my rotation over and over (even while dodging fire) is boring as hell.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Hahaha. It's funny people view killing a raid boss as some kind of "real" achievement. Those raid bosses are designed to be killed. Blizzard doesn't "set the bar" and challenge players to kill a raid boss, they tuned raid bosses to ensuring players can kill them - and nerf bat the bosses if they aren't getting the kill numbers they want.

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 11:03 AM ----------

So of us have "low expectations".

I can't stand wiping for hours at bosses. I get sleepy from the lack of "interesting content" staring at the same 4 walls of the boss room and the same boss (and adds) for hours on end. It's just not worth it for me.
    All I hear are reasons to NOT do Raiding, but what are the reasons TO DO LFR? There is just no appeal? its just there because you dislike raiding. if you will, you are just chosing the best of the 2 Terrible options you have? Or is there any people that actually ENJOY lfr and find it a positive?
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    I cant comprehend LFR being fun to anyone... I can understand if people dont have time to raid full time.. . but then just find a different game /quit? I just cant see any enjoyment in being able to kill bosses with ur eyes closed. :S Do you feel like you achieve something? or do you just do it because you dont want to quit wow but have nothing else to do?
    Someone has to have their eyes open during LFR or else the boss doesn't die. And LFR wipes happen even when groups are trying (that's why there's a "Determination" buff). Yes, people can afk without causing a wipe. But I've had people afk during a normal raid and not cause a wipe too. Would it then make sense for people to use that to repeat the mantra that you can clear normal mode with your eyes closed?

As for why people don't just quit wow when they can't raid, you're assuming that people think the point of wow is to raid. For most people, it isn't. For raiders, things like pet battles and questing and achievement hunting are side activities. For others, *raiding* is the side activity -- just another thing to do in wow but not the only reason to bother with it. To them, questions like this are like asking why people who raid regularly don't unsubscribe when pet battles or brawlers guild aren't challenging or interesting.

As a member of the US Navy most raiding guilds don't like it when I disappear for any length of time even when I tell them when and about how long that I'll be underway. LFR is the only way I get to see content unless I want to rely on kill vids like I did in the past. I'd rather slog through watered down content than do that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply... I do LFR because I am not willing to devote the time and energy to the drama, epeen-waving contests, and harassment I've dealt with when I WAS in raiding guilds. WoW is a game, not a second career, and I'm not going to devote every waking minute I'm not at work to making sure I fulfill the demands of someone half my age just so I might be permitted to play the game I pay for. Frankly I'd rather go hang out in Stormwind and RP with friends than spend the entire evening after I get off work and get dinner made and the kids to bed on grinding dailies and heroics for rep and points just so I can get that one piece of valor gear NOW NOW NOW YOU MUST HAVE EVERY IOTA OF ILVL NOW instead of whenever I get around to it.

LFR is good enough. I get to see the story, which is the only thing I really care overmuch about, and the fact that I get to pick up a little gear to make farming and soloing old content and the things I actually do for fun easier is just a bonus.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

As someone who just came back to the game against my will (Best friend irl wants to play and can't without me because he's a noob) I can see the reasoning being that people just don't want to put up with all of the drama BS that comes with being in a raiding guild.

"Johny got gear and I didn't!" "My dps is higher than his, why does he get the loot?" "I'm leaving because you're stuck on boss ____ even though it's mainly my fault for standing in everything!"

Mainly things like this. Though I do plan on eventually getting back into a raiding guild at some point.

I do LFR because I have too many toons to raid regularly on, and my toons all want their love.

Also, I find LFR fun because I do my best to bring the LFR group through. People still wipe on Lei Shen, and I'm still zoning in on Horridon with a Determination Buff. So what do I do? I grab the group by the nuts (politely) and tell them how to beat the boss. And we beat the boss.

Way more fulfilling than starting the umpteenth LFR whine thread on the forums, let me tell you.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I cant comprehend LFR being fun to anyone... I can understand if people dont have time to raid full time.. . but then just find a different game /quit? I just cant see any enjoyment in being able to kill bosses with ur eyes closed. :S Do you feel like you achieve something? or do you just do it because you dont want to quit wow but have nothing else to do?
    You know, there's something like character progression, even if it's only through LFR.
    There's no reason to quit just because you don't want to/can't raid in a regular group...

Oh, and yes, I do enjoy LFR. On a wednesday morning, there are actually relatively good groups in there - this paired with good music in the background is quite a bit of fun for me.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-06-24 at 11:53 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I hear are reasons to NOT do Raiding, but what are the reasons TO DO LFR? There is just no appeal? its just there because you dislike raiding. if you will, you are just chosing the best of the 2 Terrible options you have? Or is there any people that actually ENJOY lfr and find it a positive?
    In no particular order,

a) I get loot. The only form of character progression in end-game.

b) I get to see the story, the environment, the mobs and bosses.

c) It isn't half bad a gameplay experience. It's only slight more difficult than heroic dungeons. A good level of difficulty for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Most of it, however, can be negated by turning off instance chat and leaving raid any moment when you don't feel like continuing with those people. Well, not so much in other raid modes And in other raid modes you have to deal with scheduling + deal with some awkward attitude which blooms in successful raid guilds.
    Sounds like a lot of fun! (that was sarcasm)

Because regular raiding is a waste of my life, and WoW endgame is one huge grind. I just want to experience the lore, don't care about wasting hours of my life fighting imaginary monsters that we can't kill because our tank doesn't have some shield yet and our healer doesn't have some trinket.

LFR: get in, experience lore, get out.
    Regular raiding: get in, waste time on bosses that you know how to kill but can't yet because your raid isn't geared enough, waste time farming gear from lower bosses.

WoW "endgame" is a joke, no better than GW2 or anything else, always was. Wasted monumental time with it in BC/WOTLK.

Thank god for LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    Sounds like a lot of fun! (that was sarcasm)
    At least it's more fun than having to deal with a raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A lot of anti-LFR people keep saying that players are leaving raiding guilds because they can get the same stuff in LFR. What you actually get in LFR is;

Healer 10-15 min queue, Dps 20-60 min queue.
    Potential of;
    tank fail due to pvp gear
    Heal fail due to healers being in dips spec because they were too good for dps queues.
    DPS fail because of not following the mechanics that they know better than to do (AOE on DWing thumb)
    Unenchanted/ungemmed/unforged/wrong gear/no knowledge of class/no knowledge of the encounter
    Afk players
    Players barely trying
    People who grief you because they are 1 in 8 million and no consequences.
    Booted just because someone said "Kick X because of bad DPS!" When you were a healer.
    DPS in tank spec
    Huntards killing you with misdirect for shits and giggles
    People screaming at you for tanking wrong
    People screaming
    SUB-PAR crappy versions of LFR gear.

And through all of this crap that is the random bundle that we call LFR people STILL choose to abandon Raid Guilds for LFR, so why?
    All this is baked into LFR difficulty. It´s boring as hell, but the effort is ok when you have something else to do on the 2nd screen. GS 502 is pretty good for dailies. I´m not sure if I would start real raiding again if there was no LFR. A video game shouldn´t take too much time on a fixed schedule.

LFR isn´t the best raiding style. It´s the least evil.

People talk like commit to raid is a thing from another world..
    If you play soccer, you commit with your friends to play 1/2/3 day as week 2 hours. People commit cause they really like play soccer.
    If you play poker, you commit to play the game with your friends.

Any social game, you need to commit, the only difference is that WoW is a virtual game. If you like to raid, you need to commit. You can't just appear one day, expecting that people remove someone from their team (in any game), to put you in the place, and you leave when you want.

I understand people that do LFR because they were raiders, and can't raid anymore. But don't fool yourself that LFR is real raiding. The point of raid is to push yourself and your guildies to become better players. Execute a strategy with almost perfection. DAT kill when one healer dies, and you heal the raid alone for almost an entire phase. You know you play well when you beat an Heroic boss that almost nobody kills. When loot just become a tool to beat harder bosses.

What i don't undertand is people that never raided, or tried 1 or 2 times, failed, and keep playing the game, doing LFR. Do LFR and pretending that you are raiding is the same thing that that you fu** an sex doll pretend that you are having sex. You are just fooling yourself.

When I don't have time to raid or just don't wanna (didn't raid T11 and stopped in the middle of T14), I simple stopped playing. Why the damn I ll play the game just to do LFR? Probably, if my account is active, I will do one more time to see the Lore, no more. Raiders use loot to progress through on harder bosses. Why a person that farm LFR uses his gear? To do the next LFR? that people will 1 shot almost every boss anyway, regardless gear?

Deleted
    i admit i generally like more challenge in my games, but unfortunately the cons associated with traditional raiding are far too much.
    if there was some kind of LF-Normal Raids, unlockable by proving your worth in Proving Grounds or something, i'd give it a try.
    but i'm not going back to schedules and guild politics anymore.

the reason i switched from normal to LFR?

at the beginning of mop my raid leader (and other dds) stood in the fire all day to not have to move and to be 1st in damage which caused the healers to go oom quick. then he said: well, if the healers go oom they do something wrong and have to step up their game or will be kicked out of the raid and guild...

nowadays dumb and inexperienced people are everywhere... in normal mode, too. at least LFR passes quicker, you don't have to be there at a specific time and don't have to listen to some ridiculous kiddy-rage in ts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I like to raid and I can't dedicate myself even to the most casual of guilds. I am an adult female with a family, big yard, big house, big garden and currently a job too. All of those need a lot of time and unplanned stuff happens constantly as well. I could never show up online at a time that was previously agreed upon to raid - not only I think such schedules make the game feel like a job but also I have way too many rl things to do be able to say for sure - yeah, I will be on at this and that hour. Especially in the warm season when yard and garden are just overwhelming. Lfr is a perfect solution - oh look, I have a free hour, I can do lfr! I could't do this in a guild