Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Don't ban Blitzcrank

Source: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...an-blitzcrank/

What do you guys think? Does Blitzcrank get his fair shake?

Are most players just unaccustomed with the best ways of dealing with/combatting Blitz because he's so universally banned?

I wouldn't mind seeing more Blitz in action, personally.

Deleted
    Blitz is a nightmare in botlane, unless you play Alistar or Leona or your ADC is an Ezreal who knows how to bug it out. If you have neither of those, you will be zoned 24/7 by a ctrl+3 spamming Blitz.
    Don't forget the other things about his kit that are very nice in teamfights. A CC to peel and an AOE silence that deals some damage.

I don't ban blitzcrank because as long as you are confident in your abilities (bot lane) then he is virtually useless. He is really easy to engage on once he misses his grab, and does nothing else in lane. Thresh is hard to get past the bans as well, but if you grab thresh vs blitzcrank then Thresh doesn't care at all that blitzcrank exists.

I don't ban Blitz if I'm queueing with five people that know how to deal with him.

I do ban Blitz when I'm queueing with pugs.

Blitz is usually the least of my worries.

I'm used to playing against pudge, blitzcrank isn't a worry for me and while no one can say they never get gripped his grips are pretty damn stubby. I ban blitz because I don't trust the rest of the yahoo's in solo que to not eat hooks like they're made of chocolate.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    I'm used to playing against pudge, blitzcrank isn't a worry for me and while no one can say they never get gripped his grips are pretty damn stubby. I ban blitz because I don't trust the rest of the yahoo's in solo que to not eat hooks like they're made of chocolate.
    There's also the issue that you can't trust a teammate that picks Blitz, because he's available, to pull the correct targets. Usually, those people that pick Blitz 'cuz he's OP will pull the wrong targets (i.e. Amumu, Alistar, Garen, Karthus, Xin Zhao) into your team and giving the enemy team a free initiation.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-22 at 08:42 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Acry View Post
    I don't ban blitzcrank because as long as you are confident in your abilities (bot lane) then he is virtually useless. He is really easy to engage on once he misses his grab, and does nothing else in lane. Thresh is hard to get past the bans as well, but if you grab thresh vs blitzcrank then Thresh doesn't care at all that blitzcrank exists.
    You.

You must teach the others your ways of dealing with Blitzcrank. Dispel from their minds that he is some kind of imba Terminator.

Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Blitz is a nightmare in botlane, unless you play Alistar or Leona or your ADC is an Ezreal who knows how to bug it out. If you have neither of those, you will be zoned 24/7 by a ctrl+3 spamming Blitz.
    Don't forget the other things about his kit that are very nice in teamfights. A CC to peel and an AOE silence that deals some damage.
    or you learn how to play
    N

Blitz is so squishy that he's pretty much a free kill.

Thresh is the fear these days, and he should be banned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellesarr View Post
    or you learn how to play
    Very constructive post about how my opinion is wrong. Thank you for that.

It's easy to dodge a hook or just sit behind minions. But a decent / good Blitzcrank won't randomly pull (and let's face it, Blitzcrank isn't a difficult champion to play really well). He will zone you, leaving you with no minions to defend you.
    Thresh is very good but it's hard to play him in solo queue. It won't be the first time people don't use the lantern to get away. Yesterday, I was playing some ranked against gold players and my ADC was gold as well. Blitzcrank pulled him, I threw my lantern on the perfect spot, away from the enemies so he can click it but still close enough so he won't have to walk to it. What does he do? Flash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greened View Post
    Very constructive post about how my opinion is wrong. Thank you for that.

It's easy to dodge a hook or just sit behind minions. But a decent / good Blitzcrank won't randomly pull (and let's face it, Blitzcrank isn't a difficult champion to play really well). He will zone you, leaving you with no minions to defend you.
    Thresh is very good but it's hard to play him in solo queue. It won't be the first time people don't use the lantern to get away. Yesterday, I was playing some ranked against gold players and my ADC was gold as well. Blitzcrank pulled him, I threw my lantern on the perfect spot, away from the enemies so he can click it but still close enough so he won't have to walk to it. What does he do? Flash.
    I played against blitz yesterday as support. I was playing karma, so when blitz moved in to zone my ADC, i just blocked grab with my body and used mantra>W>E and walked away from him with lost ~50% health and dead blitz.
    If blitz tries to play aggressive without enough items (mana, health, defense), he will die very quickly even after successful grab. And keep in mind, that if blitz tries to engage a kill, his ADC will have to stop his farm to be ready to unleash his damage on grabbed target before he will recover from knockup and get away.

Another way to play against "blitz bot stacks" in rankeds - pick morgana as support. Her shield makes blitz useless and he can't zone you anymore.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-06-22 at 02:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I played against blitz yesterday as support. I was playing karma, so when blitz moved in to zone my ADC, i just blocked grab with my body and used mantra>W>E and walked away from him with lost ~50% health and dead blitz.
    If blitz tries to play aggressive without enough items (mana, health, defense), he will die very quickly even after successful grab. And keep in mind, that if blitz tries to engage a kill, his ADC will have to stop his farm to be ready to unleash his damage on grabbed target before he will recover from knockup and get away.
    That's probably just played bad by the other team. The other ADC wasn't paying attention or your ADC was left all alone. When I play ADC (and it isn't that often anymore), if my support was tanking the other ADC for some reason whatsoever, I would harass the other ADC. And that works out a lot better than focus the supports because most supports run with 2x 9 armor runes and have a lot of defense in their kit, at early levels you'll do a lot less DMG on supports than on ADCs.
    No idea why a Blitz wants to pull a support (except Sona pre6 for easy kill and more zoning). He could just sit in the bush near your tower while the other ADC can last hit in the middle of the lane and there won't be much you can do about it (except harass or get a gank). A Blitzcrank with the same skill level as you, will dominate you 90% of the time (not counting in jungler ganks). And this is only his laning phase. One good grab and you just lost your teamfight. He can do 1/4 of the enemies ADC HP with one ultimate and silence everyone for 0.5 seconds which can be game breaking. Even if he doesn't use his pull to initiate he can pull someone of your ADC and knock him up while your ADC improves his position.

So yeah, I find Blitzcrank easy to deal with myself, but from experience I know he can ruin your entire lane very easily if your ADC has problems with him.

Deleted
    I love Blitz on free week. Soooo many funny pulls hehe. :P

On topic, I usually bann him just cuz he's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementFreak View Post
    I love Blitz on free week. Soooo many funny pulls hehe. :P

On topic, I usually bann him just cuz he's annoying.
    Free week Blitz. Better grab Alistar
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Free week Blitz. Better grab Alistar
    Yes, yes. Or my dear Leona. ^^

It's the whole "I'm going to pick him because he's OP" thing... A bad blitz will be bad, just like malphite, shen, thresh, hec and all the other common bans...
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    It's the whole "I'm going to pick him because he's OP" thing... A bad blitz will be bad, just like malphite, shen, thresh, hec and all the other common bans...
    I remember from placement match when our team picked shen(top), amumu(sup) and malphite(jungle) and we lost. I wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember from placement match when our team picked shen(top), amumu(sup) and malphite(jungle) and we lost. I wonder why.
    I've stopped banning Shen. I wouldn't ban Malph or Amumu if it wasn't for the fact that they only need one good ult to win the game. Same with Blitz. Could be the worst Blitz in the world, but one lucky grab and suddenly you've lost the game. There are plenty of worse champs to ban like Elise, Trundle (Trundle top free ELO), and Zac.

Deleted
    I don't mind blitzcrank. Thresh is 10 times better.