Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Really? What exactly did he ever compromise with the GOP on?

C'mon, say sequester and try and take credit for it.
    the Healthcare bill without the public option and still gave plenty of power to private insurance companies, not closing Gitmo, he wants to cut SS JUST LIKE the GOP, and the big one the so called "bush era taxes" which didn't get cut at all, where John Bahnner walked away saying he got 98% of what HE WANTED. and no, both parties DID agree to the sequester, that's how we got it to happen in the first place, herp to the derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    the Healthcare bill without the public option and still gave plenty of power to private insurance companies, not closing Gitmo, he wants to cut SS JUST LIKE the GOP, and the big one the so called "bush era taxes" which didn't get cut at all, where John Bahnner walked away saying he got 98% of what HE WANTED. and no, both parties DID agree to the sequester, that's how we got it to happen in the first place, herp to the derp.
    He compromised with his own party over the healthcare bill and locked the republicans out of discussion.

Rest of it isn't compromise at all.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    He compromised with his own party over the healthcare bill and locked the republicans out of discussion.

Rest of it isn't compromise at all.
    all aboard the hand waving express.

10+ Year Old Account
    all aboard the hand waving express.
    Yet not a single Republican voted for the healthcare bill. Rather shitty compromise.

He wants to close GITMO, but can get the funding. That's not a compromise.

How is wanting to cut a redonkulosly poorly operated government program a compromise?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by dnova03 View Post
    Is this a trick questions?
    Or are you looking for a specific answer?

And there are plenty of citizens who collect welfare.
    He has a quota to fill. A day almost went by without him making a fool of himself so he needed to hit one out of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Yet not a single Republican voted for the healthcare bill.
    You mean their healthcare bill. I know it's unfair to expect basic critical thinking skills from children, the mentally handicapped, or conservatives, but Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    You mean their healthcare bill. I know it's unfair to expect basic critical thinking skills from children, the mentally handicapped, or conservatives, but Jesus.
    Circa 15-20 years ago. And as our president reminds us, viewpoints can "evolve". Also, the thing still enjoys <50% approval rating.

I think the entire concept of mandated health insurance is fucking awful. I would have opposed it back when it was Gingrich's idea as well.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I always chuckle at Americans who dislike immigrants, every single person living America, excluding native Americans are illegal immigrants. If you don't want them in your country you should go as well, stop being hypocrites.
    That vast majority of us don't care about legal immigrants. Hot damn, how many times does that have to be repeated?

...and Native Americans "immigrated" once too....Jesus Christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    There are no way to estimate the numbers of illigal immigrants as they will not report themselves till the amnesty is given. They WILL qualify for public assistance as right now there is nothing specifically stated in the bill that says otherwise. They will be green card holder, thus will get access to welfare. How are you going to prevent it without preventing other legal Green Card holder who already are gaining welfare.
    Umm actually, the people who would be getting a legal status, are given a temporary legal status for I believe at least 10+ years before they can get a green card, and there are provisions in the bill that would stop the large majority of them from receiving any public assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Are you concerned that none of the Immigration Reform (Amnesty) plans show how illegal immigration will be prevented or how the USA will pay for 60 million new welfare recipients?
    Closer to 20 million, not even a majority will be on welfare id wager. Both parties want this because its a ton of new taxpayers.

Yet not a single Republican voted for the healthcare bill. Rather shitty compromise.

How is wanting to cut a redonkulosly poorly operated government program a compromise?
    that was theirs to begin with? and don't give me this 15-20 year ago bullshit, they were trying to push it all those years until the dem decided to get the other team on board. your right, I retract that previous statement, since it would be a compromise ON THIER part to close it, thanks for the correction. how? the top 5-1% still get the massive tax hikes they had before with minimal trim and then it gets the never going away stamp, give me a fucking break.

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 09:40 PM ----------

I think the entire concept of mandated health insurance is fucking awful.
    it's a good thing we don't give a nickel to opinions. it doesn't detract from it following their idea almost to a T.

10+ Year Old Account
    that was theirs to begin with? and don't give me this 15-20 year ago bullshit, they were trying to push it all those years until the dem decided to get the other team on board.

it's a good thing we don't give a nickel to opinions. it doesn't detract from it following their idea almost to a T.
    Well, don't take my word for it then. Take Mr. Butler's, the author of Heritage's indivividual mandate explaining why he changed his mind. And no, it has nothing to do with a black man in the White House.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...DptQ_blog.html

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...age/52951140/1
    Men!

Well, don't take my word for it then. Take Mr. Butler's, the author of Heritage's indivividual mandate explaining why he changed his mind. And no, it has nothing to do with a black man in the White House.
    uh huh, just so we are clear, the lack of an individual mandate was a part of these compromises you are spouting off never happened.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-06-24 at 07:45 AM.

>demand compromise
    >give compromise
    >demand more "compromise"