Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    CBO projects almost 1 trillion dollars in deficit reduction over the next two decades.
    Quoting this to Republicans is like waiting until it is nighttime pointing at the bright thing and calling it the moon. They will somehow find a way to deny it.

Infracted

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much cool with it. Yup.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    More or less all right.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, in some respects, either outcome from this will be good.

1) We get immigration reform, which will have a variety of benefits (don't just think about the undocumented - it also reforms the visa process for high-skill people wishing to move here).

2) We don't get reform, and yes that sucks, but it has benefits too. The Republican Party, it it succeeds in blocking the measure, will continue to worsen their electoral chances with growing groups of ethnic minorities in the country. If they continue on this path, it is possible the GOP's chances of attaining the highest office again will sink, and they will become increasingly marginalized in our political system.
    "The long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead."
    -John Maynard Keynes-

10+ Year Old Account
    Also as FYI, those granted "amnesty" under this bill won't be able to vote until the 2028 elections. Don't believe the hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Also as FYI, those granted "amnesty" under this bill won't be able to vote until the 2028 elections. Don't believe the hype
    Yeah, not to mention from what I read last, it would be AT LEAST 13 years until they could apply for citizenship, and then have to wait in that line. Although I think there are some exceptions for the "DREAM" eligible people

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm not concerned about imaginary statistics, no.
    I second this, I'm tired of you people and your end of the world like mentalities.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    QFT.
    Open the gates, hand out citizenship, and let them immerse into the melting pot.
    Please, the melting pot is nothing but a bedtime story that helps us sleep at night. It's far from what the United States actually is.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2013-06-22 at 01:09 AM.

Which can be changed later when we are making the poor people wait 13 years and its unfair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Yeah, not to mention from what I read last, it would be AT LEAST 13 years until they could apply for citizenship, and then have to wait in that line. Although I think there are some exceptions for the "DREAM" eligible people
    Those who entered the U.S. before age 16 and completed two years of college or four years in the military can apply for citizenship after a 5 year wait

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Which can be changed later when we are making the poor people wait 13 years and its unfair.
    Unfair to who? Wait 13 years for what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who entered the U.S. before age 16 and completed two years of college or four years in the military can apply for citizenship after a 5 year wait
    Yeah, I'm hoping that provision stays in whatever bill gets passed, and that such bill does pass. One of my closest and best friends was brought here from Brazil when she was 10..she's now 26 and paying her way through college..and she deserves to reap the fruits of her labor!

10+ Year Old Account
    What the government does is kind of out of my control and I have more immediate things in my own life to focus on. People will never be completely stopped from crossing our boarders. It might be more reasonable to look at the businesses that are illegally employing them instead of kissing the asses of these so called job maker gods. Wah wah, jobs Americans don't want to do... then find an option to give these businesses a legal way of contracting people who will - and go after those who don't contract legally - instead of just sitting there attracting people like cake next to an anthill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Please, the melting pot is nothing but a bedtime story that helps us sleep at night. It's far from what the United States actually is.
    Oh please. The pot doesn't melt in one or two generations, but it does melt. How many 5th generation Chinese do you know in the US who don't feel entirely American?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisberb View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping that provision stays in whatever bill gets passed, and that such bill does pass. One of my closest and best friends was brought here from Brazil when she was 10..she's now 26 and paying her way through college..and she deserves to reap the fruits of her labor!
    Sorry according to the cancer that is infecting the Republican party right now your friend needs to pack up their bags and go home. Elections have consequences and people keep electing these severely extreme people to office that affects peoples lives.

Guess what the first women on Medicaid who dies in Iowa because she was denied a abortion during a miscarriage because that state just passed a law that says NOT YOUR DOCTOR has the final say so, but the governor must approve your abortion.

IMMIGRATION bill will guarantee fail in the house. They are just too extreme.

Didn't know Glen Beck was a MMO-Champ forum poster. What a shame.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    You did not mention the part where we they will become a new large voting block that will doom certain political groups.
    Lol... oh if only voting actually mattered anymore. So many people still stuck in that lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Are you concerned that none of the Immigration Reform (Amnesty) plans show how illegal immigration will be prevented or how the USA will pay for 60 million new welfare recipients?
    Yes but I know at the end of the day the democrats want as many foreigners as possible to be legal and able to vote and since they are the hot thing amongst kids these days they will probably win and so will their agenda. AKA nothing we sane people can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I swear to god that I cannot PUT INTO WORDS how happy I am every night when I goto sleep knowing NO REPUBLICAN will ever be president again. I wish to god I could put it into words.

Republicans attack women, poor people, kids on disability, and the rights of minorities. You leave out the fact alot of people would not need food stamps if Republicans had not run the economy INTO THE GROUND.

One day Democrats will stand up and become 10 times more extreme then these tea party nuts and take back this country.
    You do know that Rush Limbaugh doesn't speak for all Republicans, right? He's the Feinstein/Bloomberg of Republicans. 95% of us don't like him or don't pay attention to him either.

On topic though, I'm all for the immigration of productive members of society, and Hispanics are just the easiest to take a shit on at the moment. Rewind a few decades and it was the Irish and Italians coming over en masse getting shat on, but they took their licks from the locals and earned a spot here. Now it's somebody else's turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers are closer to 12 million undocumented, a decent portion of which will not be on welfare, but rather new tax payers. I'm pretty sure I am ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I swear to god that I cannot PUT INTO WORDS how happy I am every night when I goto sleep knowing NO REPUBLICAN will ever be president again. I wish to god I could put it into words.

Republicans attack women, poor people, kids on disability, and the rights of minorities. You leave out the fact alot of people would not need food stamps if Republicans had not run the economy INTO THE GROUND.

One day Democrats will stand up and become 10 times more extreme then these tea party nuts and take back this country.
    And this is exactly why I support neither side. Wish they had something for the people in the middle that just want to be reasonable.

---------- Post added 2013-06-21 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    The numbers are closer to 12 million undocumented, a decent portion of which will not be on welfare, but rather new tax payers. I'm pretty sure I am ok with that.
    Oh yeah? thought all illegals had jobs that paid next to nothing that the regular joe refuses to do? How is that job going to be taxed?