Probably starting the game have some ????'s

First off I'm running an ASUS G75VW with the GTX 670M 3gb video card and I'd like to know what my expected performance will be. I don't like playing games on low settings and less than 40ish FPS.

Second off I'm looking to be a DPS warrior as it's just what I love doing. Best place to find guides to build one?

I love F2P games so I want to give it a shot.

The game is primarily CPU locked, so we'd need to know what your CPU is before determining what kind of performance you'd get.

That being said, the game does run pretty poorly compared to many others out there. It doesn't use resources very efficiently : /

There may be 1-2 warrior specific fansites around, but http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...arrior-guides/ generally has a number of solid builds on it.

I've seen alot of people say they can run it on ultra with a good amount of fps on high end machines, and then the opposite from others. It responds to different components differently from what I've seen.

When I go to look at a build I look at either the forums (most up to date) or http://www.riftscene.com/guides/clas...r/warrior-dps/ although I don't know if all the class guides are up to date on that. They seem to at least have the basic idea down but 2-3 month difference can mean alot. I'd still resort to forums.

My 4 year old PC runs everything in max settings (or used to, the gfx card died, no, not due to Rift) with a decent 30-50 frames, which is about and around what we really notice anyways. The only thing I always turn down, but that's just in general, are the shadows. Shadow rendering is useful in singleplayer storybased first/third person shooters where you also want to enjoy the beauty of the world as the story progresses. In MMO's, It eats performance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    which is about and around what we really notice anyways.
    Please don’t fucking speak for everyone. I'm really tired of seeing "12/15/25/30/45/60 FPS is the max fps we can see!"
    There is no set "max fps," it's different from human to human. The problem with Rift is also maintaining a stable FPS in different conditions and most computers will not run 30 fps in a warfront.

Edit: Sorry if I seem very mad at you, I'm just very tired of seeing the same thing repeated over and over when it just isn't true =(
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2013-06-22 at 05:08 PM.

I never really saw the big deal about running games on ultra. I grew up playing 8 and 16 bit games and I'm more focused on a consistent performance than mind blowing graphics.
    I run 30-40 fps on medium or so graphics (my connection is terrible too so i have to factor that in) so thankfully it isnt an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Whatspostcount View Post
    Please don’t fucking speak for everyone. I'm really tired of seeing "12/15/25/30/45/60 FPS is the max fps we can see!"
    There is no set "max fps," it's different from human to human. The problem with Rift is also maintaining a stable FPS in different conditions and most computers will not run 30 fps in a warfront.

Edit: Sorry if I seem very mad at you, I'm just very tired of seeing the same thing repeated over and over when it just isn't true =(
    I don't mind, but still wondering why you do it anyhow. I have been playing games for 2 decades, some with 120, some with 60, some with lower FPS. I definitely notice a difference between say 30 and 60 and 60 and 120, but that difference is nothing other than a mild feeling of extra comfort. Below 30 frames, gameplay is disrupted by the choppy display of the game, while above 30 frames, I no longer take offense.

This experience seems to be in line with general consesus and current cinema fps. So unless you are incapable of watching series and movies, or anything on TV, you might want to take it back. And if you can't watch movies or anything on TV, might want to visit a doctor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I don't mind, but still wondering why you do it anyhow. I have been playing games for 2 decades, some with 120, some with 60, some with lower FPS. I definitely notice a difference between say 30 and 60 and 60 and 120, but that difference is nothing other than a mild feeling of extra comfort. Below 30 frames, gameplay is disrupted by the choppy display of the game, while above 30 frames, I no longer take offense.

This experience seems to be in line with general consesus and current cinema fps. So unless you are incapable of watching series and movies, or anything on TV, you might want to take it back. And if you can't watch movies or anything on TV, might want to visit a doctor.
    I can agree with what you are saying here. From the first post you make it sound like many others that "XX fps is the highest we can see." The problem I face in games is that it's really hard to maintain a constant FPS in all situations as much can affect it and it's here that my biggest problem lies. When it goes from 60 to 25 the change is extremely noticeable. Running 40 fps may not be feasible in Rift while in other better optimized games it might be just fine as they can run a steady 40 fps.

Once again, sorry for lashing out at you
    Last edited by mmoc0798c9712b; 2013-06-22 at 09:44 PM.

I noticed today it auto sets at lowest rating rather than starting at high or making the best selection for your machine.