Resto shaman weapon advice?

I'm sorta stuck in a confusing spot. As a resto shaman, of course I aim to and love having a one hander with a shield, which is what I currently have, thunderforged Athame of the Sanguine Ritual upgraded to 536 ilvl, with Torto's Discarded Shell, not upgraded yet, but last night on a bonus roll I got the heroic version of Giorgio's Caduceus of Pure Moods, two handed staff. As much as I personally dislike seeing a staff on shamans, is it worth using it instead and upgrading it, or should I just upgrade my shield and stick it out with those instead?

For anyone wanting to see the weapons in more detail besides the bottom ones there, my shaman is Catatia on Proudmoore-US, staff is in the recent activity feed still.

Thanks for any help!

Athame-
    +1140 stam
    +680 intel
    +467 haste
    +10,169 spell power
    +467 mastery
    red socket for +60 intel

Torto's discarded shell-
    +1302 stam
    +788 intel
    +597 spirit
    +458 haste
    blue socket for +60 intel

Giorgio-
    +2639 stam
    +1679 intel
    +1227 spirit
    +957 haste
    +10,075 spell power
    another blue socket for +60 intel
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2013-06-22 at 02:22 AM. Reason: Had spare time to add the stats while in queue :P

May help you decide if you combine the stats and account for the extra enchant and gem socket.

Athame + Torto
    +2442 stam
    +1773 intel
    +948 spirit
    +925 haste
    +467 mastery
    +10,169 spell power
    blue socket for + 60 intel

The above is accounting for the following enchant and gem selection.
    +165 intel (enchant)
    +80 intel (red socket)
    +160 spirit (red socket)
    +60 intel (socket bonus)

Giorgio-
    +2639 stam
    +1679 intel
    +1227 spirit
    +957 haste
    +10,075 spell power
    blue socket for +60 intel

So stats of the one-hand / off-hand versus the two-hand:
    -197 stam
    +94 intel
    -279 spirit
    -32 haste
    +467 mastery
    +94 spell power

I really don't know which would be better to use, but maybe seeing the comparison will help you make the decision.

If you are going to compare using stats dont use what they are at now, use what they would be all upgraded

herp derp, for some reason I guess I was thinking there is something with staffs that I didn't know, should of just known to do the math.

But thanks for the help definitely anyway! Now I'll remember for next time at least.

Hopefully.

On that note though, despite the staff being a drop in mastery, which I sorely need right now in my opinion at least, I know it's not a huge difference, so I'll stick with the one hand/shield way for now, since I've already enchanted and upgraded them, working on the shield now to upgrade.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2013-06-23 at 02:55 AM.